[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Post #1 = Credits,Downloads and Directions
Post #2 = How to extract .rar
Post #3 = Directions with visual aids
Post #4 = Troubleshooting

****************************************************************************************************
First off i want to give credit where credit is due. Adrynalyne one of great advisers has brought this leak to us, he is also the one that inspired me to get this done. So thank you Adrynalyne...
Original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...acks/59339-release-eb01-rom-kernel-radio.html
Original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-eb01-2-1-updated.html

================================================

These packages include EB01 Kernel, Modem, recovery. It also includes root, super user application and clockwork mod for froyo all included.
********************************************************************************************************
THIS PACKAGE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA AND CACHE, BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS BACKUP ANY DATA THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.
AND AS ALWAYS NEITHER I NOR ANDROID CENTRAL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HACK OR MODIFICATION YOU DO ON YOUR DEVICE.

*********************************************************************************************************

Post #3 has a visual walkthrough of how to use Odin

To install Odin packages on your device
1. First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need a Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of odin.

Download your flavor of Froyo Below

Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

EB01_DXC.tar

Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

EB01DB_DXC.tar

Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection

RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EB16SC29_DXC.tar

Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection

RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->Pulled

WARNING: NO DATA WIPE MAY CAUSE FC IF COMING FROM ECLAIR, FULL WIPE IS RECOMMENDED
Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection THIS VERSION DOES NOT WIPE DATA
(TESTED by Standupdad Please thank him)
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EC10SC292x_DXC.tar

3.) You will need to download Odin application tool found here ODIN or ODIN mirror
4.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
5.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
6.) Remove battery from phone.
7.) Launch ODIN on PC.
8.) Plug USB cable into phone.
9.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
10.) Press and hold the volume-down key until you see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode.(Please see 2nd picture in post #3)You can now release the volume key. At this point you will see a yellow com port in the upper left hand corner of the Odin applicate. .(Please see 3rd picture in post #3)

11.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

12.) Choose the .tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button.(this should take approx 3 to 6mins)
13.) Phone will power down when finished.
14.) Remove USB cable.
15.) Reinsert battery.
16.) Power phone and wait to boot approx 4mins

Congrats you are done you now have Rooted Froyo with new clockwork installed if/when you need it.

NOTE DO NOT FLASH ROM MANAGER RECOVERY IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Extracting a compressed file (ex. zip or rar)

1.) Download and install Winrar HERE

2.) Locate the compressed file you would like to extract
1-2.png

3.)Right mouse click on the file icon a drop down menu will appear , select Extract Here
2-1.png

4.) You will then see a progress pop up window that will appear then when completed will close itself
3-2.png

5.)This will leave an extracted file in the destination folder
4-1.png

Congrats you have successfully extracted the compressed file it is now ready for use:D

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How to use Odin

First you must download
Odin v1.3

Once odin is downloaded open it, its an executable file so when you open it you will see the following :

1tut-1.png

Once this is up, do the following
-Remove the battery from your Device
-Plug in the USB cord
-Hold down the Volume Down button until you see a big bright triangle on your screen , underneath it will say Downloading and beneath that it will say Do not turn off target
Samsung_Galaxy_S_Download_Mode.jpg

At this point you will see one of the boxes in the corner turn yellow, letting you know there is a connection, it will look like this
5tut-1.png

after you are connected you want to hit the PDA button, NEVER PHONE, phone will erase your modem and you will have trouble connecting after that at all.
2tut-1.png

when you click the PDA button a pop up will appear and you will need to select the file you would like to flash and then click open

6tut.png

now you will see the file appear in the PDA window ,, with connection made and the file in the PDA window, you may now hit Start

5tut-3.png

Once you hit start this process Should take approx. 5 mins if you are returning to stock . shouldnt take any less time than that and not much more. So dont start freaking out at min 2...(wait till min 7) lol

If you are flashing a Clockworkmod file it should take approx 7seconds.

once it is completed you should see the following window:

4tut.png

Once you have reached this screen it is safe to unplug , put your battery in and boot up..

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Trouble Shooting

Odin application displays one of the following in message box OR Odin is locking up in the middle of the process
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Resolution
90% of problems associated with Odin are due to communication between phone and computer

• Reboot your computer
  • Redownload the odin package
  • Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use a different port
  • Make sure you did not forget to remove battery from phone (Should be out the ENTIRE process)
  • make sure Odin is the only application running and Antivirus is DISABLED
  • If you are using a laptop make sure its plugged in also find the nearest desktop and try from there
After failed flash with odin upon power up the following is depicted on the screen

SOFT BRICK
Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

Resolution
First off DO NOT PANIC. there is a simple solution, just remove the battery , plug the phone into the computer, press and hold volume down and it will enter download mode. Please review all the steps oulined in this thread and try and flash again

Last edited:

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Curious why the tar file has an .md5 at the end of the name? Or is it just a name and doesn't affect whether Odin will see it as a tar file or not?

Reactions: Jamezcua

McBane

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify this is the full official release it appears, with bloat and all, but since it comes rooted and with a working version of CWM its a few steps closer to being cleaned out for you. :)

PS This deserves a sticky too

Last edited:
Reactions: papa54 and pyretech

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify this is the full official release it appears, with bloat and all, but since it comes rooted and with a working version of CWM its a few steps closer to being cleaned out for you. :)

Welcome McBane, yes this is fully Bloated, just not official , having clockwork will serve in applying themes or new roms once developed....etc ............
i figured its just one less step to take

Curious why the tar file has an .md5 at the end of the name? Or is it just a name and doesn't affect whether Odin will see it as a tar file or not?

md5 is just a security command,to make sure the data in the tar was not corrupted during download, from my understanding

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed just fine over DL30 since it auto wipes it for you. Good Odin updates are usually quick and easy.

Mind you this is my first one actually wiping data and cache, not to mention applying the radio. so i would love to hear if its a "good" odin lol. it has worked flawless for me so far, hope this trend continues.

makav3ll1

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
DXC, Do you think people should switch from dl30 to this, is there anything that really overwhelms DL30, and I have DL30 right now with old cwm. How do I get this and the new cwm the fastest way?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It will install fine over DL30 and will replace the old cwm in one flash.....over whelming DL30, I'm not sure what you mean, so idk
DXC, Do you think people should switch from dl30 to this, is there anything that really overwhelms DL30, and I have DL30 right now with old cwm. How do I get this and the new cwm the fastest way?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc