09-11-2013 08:35 PM
4,228 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    So... I pulled the trigger also and went from stock 2.1 to deblated/deodexed EB01. The whole process took about 10 minutes at most. I was able to restore my apps from the backup I had made with Astro.

I must say so far (6 hours later) I am very happy with the upgrade.
    Everything seems to be working: wifi, bluetooth, exchange sync with the stock app, all of my third party apps seem to be running fine too. GPS lock is almost instant and the battery seems to be about the same as in 2.1.

Flash works wonderfully in both the stock browser and Dolphin Mini (my default browser). Browser speed has improved greatly also.

I would say, if you are like me, undecided about upgrading from 2.1 I would say go for it.... so far I am very happy with it.

Thanks for all the help I have received in this forum. Peace.
    DroidXcon likes this.
    03-02-2011 10:42 PM
    Ok... Found out that the Tapatalk Pro widget doesn't work, and the program itself no longer opens to favorites when I open it (even though that is what it is set to do. Grrr.
    03-02-2011 10:43 PM
    how do you get the update zip to the sd card?? sorry im new but have been reading this forum all day and really want to bring my fascinate to life
    03-02-2011 10:46 PM
    Ok... Found out that the Tapatalk Pro widget doesn't work, and the program itself no longer opens to favorites when I open it (even though that is what it is set to do. Grrr.
    it works on mine
    03-02-2011 10:50 PM
    how do you get the update zip to the sd card?? sorry im new but have been reading this forum all day and really want to bring my fascinate to life
    you dont need it , you can skip that step,,,but if you want to do it.

plug in your phone , slide down the notification bar, hit USB connected, hit mount,

go to the computer , go to the start button hit it, then select computer, then find the drive that is the sd card, open it , drag and drop the file onto the card
    03-02-2011 10:52 PM
    Oops! It works now... It's amazing what rebooting a few times after flashing will do. Sorry!

Thanks, Droid!

Any news on how to remove excess homescreens?

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate.
    03-02-2011 10:54 PM
    On your phone, hit the menu soft (capacitive) key which is in the lower left corner of your phone. From the menu that pops up go =>settings=>applications=>development and make sure there is a check mark after usb debugging. Also in the applications menu make sure there is a check mark after unknown sources. Plug you phone into your pc via the usb cable that came with your phone. After you phone connects to your pc, pull down the notification bar (the gray bar at the top of your screen) and click on usb connected. On the next screen that pops up, click on the gray bar that says connect usb storage, then on the gray bar that says OK. An auto play window will pop up on your pc, click on "open folder to view files." When you do, a directory will open up on your pc, and you sill see a bunch of file folders with names like clockworkmod, Android, media, etc. This is the base or root of the sd card on your phone and this is where you put the update.zip file. So now go to the first post in this thread, left click on the update.zip link and save the zip file to that directory.
    03-02-2011 11:01 PM
    Oops! It works now... It's amazing what rebooting a few times after flashing will do. Sorry!

Thanks, Droid!

Any news on how to remove excess homescreens?

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate.
    download either ADW launcher, or launcher pro
    03-02-2011 11:17 PM
    So I haven't been on as much as I would like but I did notice that EB01 has changed to EB16. So my question is, what if any are the advantages to flashing to the newer build?
    03-03-2011 12:07 AM
    So... i did the superclean 2.6 and it wiped all my data and cache...............
    03-03-2011 12:40 AM
    I didn't have time to read all 101 pages of this thread, but Version 2.4 Superclean worked perfectly for me (the data wipe version).

It loaded the stock Android launcher as well as is running Google as the default search! Was it meant to be this way?
    03-03-2011 12:48 AM
    I didn't have time to read all 101 pages of this thread, but Version 2.4 Superclean worked perfectly for me (the data wipe version).

It loaded the stock Android launcher as well as is running Google as the default search! Was it meant to be this way?
    Congrats , pretty sure was !!
    03-03-2011 12:56 AM
    So... i did the superclean 2.6 and it wiped all my data and cache...............
    Is this normal?! Thank goodness i backed up my apps... but i didnt back up my system itself...
    03-03-2011 01:07 AM
    Is this normal?! Thank goodness i backed up my apps... but i didnt back up my system itself...
    Depends on what you did exactly...

What SC 2.6 did you use?

What Method / Steps did you perform?
    03-03-2011 01:11 AM
    If you used EB16SC26_DXC.tar

then yes its normal

if you used EB16SC26x_DXC.tar

then its not
    03-03-2011 01:13 AM
    I downloaded the usb drivers from the OP and have everything else ready to go. I had odin open while my phone was plugged in and it read it no problem. However, when I power down my phone and put it in download mode I get an error saying that a usb device has malfunctioned and is not able to be read (nothing shows up in Odin). Am I doing something wrong here?
    03-03-2011 07:23 AM
    Also, I backed up all of my info with titanium. All the apps and files. I am flashing superclean 2.6. When I restore the apps will it cause issues when it tries to restore some of the things that are considered bloatware that was removed in superclean?
    03-03-2011 07:27 AM
    I had no problem with SC2.6, or any other SC2.X editions, in restoring my apps. The only bloat app I backed up/restored was thinkfree though. When you do the restore with TiBackup just be sure to only restore apps+data, Don't restore system files, if you even backed them up, if you do chances are you could run into problems. After I went over to Froyo I made a new TiBackup folder to backup with because of the Froyo only apps, but I kept my original Eclair backup in case I ever have to go back to Eclair or use the warranty for a phone exchange.
    03-03-2011 09:18 AM
    So I tried different lock screens and still SoD. I flashed EB01DB_DXC last night. Didn't have any problem until i loaded EB01_5lockscreens_clockopts. After that SoD was back. I'm now back to just EB01DB_DXC. Any idea why this would be happening? I would like to have the different lock screens but if its going to cause SoD then I can live without them.
    03-03-2011 10:00 AM
    Tired of waiting for Verizon, so did Super clean 2.6 w/ DW last night. Works amazing. Thanks!
    03-03-2011 11:18 AM
    GPS question/issue
    Ok. I finally got up the courage to flash my phone. Had rooted in the past but that was it. Finally got tired of waiting for Verizon/Samsung to bring out 2.2.
    So reason for post. Installed DroidXcon's all in one EB01DB_DXC (debloated/deodexed). Install failed first time but went flawlessly second time and everything works fine except for GPS. GPS takes lots longer to sync then when I had the OTA EA28 installed. EA28 was within a few seconds. Know I have seen comments about GPS after EB01 but a search does not find what I think I have read.

So am I one of the unlucky ones or is there a fix?

thanks to DroidXcon.
    --bill
    03-03-2011 11:54 AM
    GPS question/issue
    Ok. I finally got up the courage to flash my phone. Had rooted in the past but that was it. Finally got tired of waiting for Verizon/Samsung to bring out 2.2.
    So reason for post. Installed DroidXcon's all in one EB01DB_DXC (debloated/deodexed). Install failed first time but went flawlessly second time and everything works fine except for GPS. GPS takes lots longer to sync then when I had the OTA EA28 installed. EA28 was within a few seconds. Know I have seen comments about GPS after EB01 but a search does not find what I think I have read.

So am I one of the unlucky ones or is there a fix?

thanks to DroidXcon.
    --bill
    did you check off vzw locations services and google locatio services? are google aps or google navi.

or you can try the DL09 Modem HERE flash it the same way as you did 2.6.....see if that works better

if it doesnt you can go back to EB01 modem HERE
    03-03-2011 12:29 PM
    After updating from EB01_DXC to EB16SC26x_DXC I got this in 'About Phone':

Firmware version: 2.2.1
    Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.EB01
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
    Build number: SCH-I500.EB01

My question is this - is it still supposed to be EB01, or should it have changed to EB16?

Thanks!

- Vince
    03-03-2011 12:57 PM
    That is correct,He just used code from EB16 and mixed it in
    After updating from EB01_DXC to EB16SC26x_DXC I got this in 'About Phone':

Firmware version: 2.2.1
    Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.EB01
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
    Build number: SCH-I500.EB01

My question is this - is it still supposed to be EB01, or should it have changed to EB16?

Thanks!

- Vince

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
    03-03-2011 01:25 PM
    I'm still having a problem with my phone not being read when battery is out. It reads fine when the phone is on. When I try to start the flash process it tells me that the usb device malfunctioned and can't be read. I have tried different usb ports/installed the drivers about 5 times. Nothing seems to be working. If I wipe all my system data, can I then reroot and restore all of my apps/data to ea28 and try the flash process again?
    03-03-2011 01:33 PM
4,228 ... 8182838485 ...