[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For all my apps, etc that I backed up. And also from prior instruction when I first rooted. Stupid question, but can I flash sc2.6x now even though Titanium says that I don't have superuser rights?

Yes Dave, flash the 2.6x package. Once you use that package and reboot you will just need to go into the market and download titanium backup. If you paid for the pro key, you will need to download both. Once you do that when you open tibu it will recognize you are now rooted and whatever you backed up in tibu will be there.

Reactions: Dave95b

mrfols#AC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I'm all good running Froyo SC 2.6. Do I need to download Rom Mgr or not. I also have Titanium backup from my last root. Not sure if I want to restore with that, don't want the bloat back. Please point me in the right direction.

vazquezye

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I dont have a desktop computer, I only have my laptop. Also I hit something and it went back to the big yellow triangle that sais dowloading but its being like that know for 15 min. I downloded the drivers already, and the update everything you said on the instructional post.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
dumb question...is there some way to tell if your phone is rooted?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

yes , go to the market and download a terminal emulator, free version

open it ,, if you see a prompt like this #
you are rooted

if you see $
type su
if the $ turns into # you are rooted

if it does not , then you are not

Reactions: Dave95b

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Understood. Thanks bro. Hey how was the game the other night?

Game was pretty awesome Dave. My brother-in-law got the tickets from a vendor and he was sick and couldn't go. So I went with my sister, nephew, and niece. Great vendor, we were 10 rows from the glass!!!!! Got to see them win in the shootout. :D

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
dumb question...is there some way to tell if your phone is rooted?

If you're running one of the roms from DXC's thread, you should have a SuperUser icon in your app drawer. Looks like an Andy version of a skull and crossbones. You can also download any number of apps that need SU access like ShootMe. Run it, and if it asks and approves SU rights, you know you have root... or you can do what DXC suggest.

... freakn' ninja with how fast he replies. I swear.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont have a desktop computer, I only have my laptop. Also I hit something and it went back to the big yellow triangle that sais dowloading but its being like that know for 15 min. I downloded the drivers already, and the update everything you said on the instructional post.

downloading is what you are suppose to see when you are connected and ready for flashing with odin ...
like the directions say

pull out the battery
plug the phone in
press and hold volume down
then the big yellow triangle will show up
press PDA pick the file you want to flash
then hit start

Plug in your laptop into the wall and try again

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I'm all good running Froyo SC 2.6. Do I need to download Rom Mgr or not. I also have Titanium backup from my last root. Not sure if I want to restore with that, don't want the bloat back. Please point me in the right direction.

You can still do a batch restore through titanium backup. After you choose batch restore, just go through the list and uncheck any apps you don't want to restore.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
@ DXC---- I flashed the full eb01. Titanium Backup says I don't have superuser rights. Does the FascinateRoot_v02.zip work on EB01?
In your post under rooting it says "What builds will this work on: DI01 / DJ05 / DL09".

i tried for days to egt froyo on my fascinate , droidx helped when he could but i was to dumb i guess untill i read the instructions again and this time i Downloaded The Drivers Samsung USB Drivers ,, then when i tried i jumped in on the froyo 2.2 with the debloated/deodexed and am thrilled and have no intentions of ever going stock again..

thx to all and they can get you ,, it looks harder than it is..

Reactions: DroidXcon

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Make sure your laptop is plugged in, works better that way. And when you plug your phone into usb, don't let go of the volume button as soon as you see the yellow triangle and downloading on your phone. Wait til the first thin rectangle in ODIN turns yellow before you let go of the volume button.

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Game was pretty awesome Dave. My brother-in-law got the tickets from a vendor and he was sick and couldn't go. So I went with my sister, nephew, and niece. Great vendor, we were 10 rows from the glass!!!!! Got to see them win in the shootout. :D

Right on bro. Time to flash sc2.6x again.

Reactions: Landshark

mrfols#AC

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to thank everyone, especially DroidX. I am up and running on Froyo. I was very close to going to the darkside and getting an Iphone after the last few weeks. I was working with the people at Android Forums last time I rooted and got very little help. You all have been great. Last question for the day. Do I need to download Rom Manager?

Scrybble

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that some on here have managed to keep both red and orange cwm. is there some way to make that happen or is it too late if I have already lost red?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to thank everyone, especially DroidX. I am up and running on Froyo. I was very close to going to the darkside and getting an Iphone after the last few weeks. I was working with the people at Android Forums last time I rooted and got very little help. You all have been great. Last question for the day. Do I need to download Rom Manager?

At the moment there is very little use for it but in the upcoming weeks you will.

you are very welcome, we try very hard to help everyone and give the best support we can :D its a pretty great community

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that some on here have managed to keep both red and orange cwm. is there some way to make that happen or is it too late if I have already lost red?

to get red

Flash THIS with odin,, it will take less then ten seconds and it wont wipe anything

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I think there are some instructions in this thread on how to get the red back and have both red and orange on your phone:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...cks/64350-clockwork-recommended-3-1-11-a.html

EDIT - Forget that link, I just read through it. Let me find the thread where it is discussed. I will link it when I find it.