[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

MonkeyGrass

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not as techie as some people here and I don't understand what this means "has an appropriate modem/radio code". Or how it impacts this "custom kernels".

Then in all honesty, you have absolutely NO business flashing ROMs, radios, or kernels onto your phone. :confused:

Not trying to be a d!ck, but seriously.... read up until you understand the terms (everything is here for you to learn) and THEN start thinking about modding your SF. Unless, of course, you enjoy that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach from knowing that you just soft-bricked a $400 phone and don't know how to recover from it. :-[

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What would happen if we flashed just the modem and left DL30?

try it, worst that can happen you lose ability to send or recieve data and calls,, in which case just flash the DL09 modem

I have baseband version ea28 and kernel version 2.6.32.9 but the build number is eb01. Should the baseband version and kernel be changed as well?

should use the same radio but if its working then its not the end of the world

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Adrynalyne just posted a Debloated Deodexed version. Im at work , give me a couple of hours when i get time ill TRY to make it flashable with Odin. Ill let you know if i can get this done today.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, anyone got a different link to the update.zip file? I was dumb, went into ROM mgr, had it flash recovery and it went from version 2.5.1.0 to 2.5.0.4 and now I'm only getting blue recovery, and it won't load the update.zip I have on teh card.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, anyone got a different link to the update.zip file? I was dumb, went into ROM mgr, had it flash recovery and it went from version 2.5.1.0 to 2.5.0.4 and now I'm only getting blue recovery, and it won't load the update.zip I have on teh card.
Here you go

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I had the same exact thing happen to me. plug your phone into your computer with the usb cord, mount sd card, delete the current update.zip on your sd card, download this one. Worked like a charm. And don't click on flash clockwork mod in rom manager. I have not touched it since my first mistake and not problem whatsoever. You can also go into the clockwork folder on your phone, delete the recovery-update.zip there, downlaoad this same update.zip file to the clockwork folder and rename it recovery-update.zip. This will allow you to reboot to the new red cwm (2.5.1.1) from rom manager, long press of the power button if you have recovery in your power menu, or from the volume up/volume down/power button press

Reactions: vluc

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Then in all honesty, you have absolutely NO business flashing ROMs, radios, or kernels onto your phone. :confused:

Not trying to be a d!ck, but seriously.... read up until you understand the terms (everything is here for you to learn) and THEN start thinking about modding your SF. Unless, of course, you enjoy that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach from knowing that you just soft-bricked a $400 phone and don't know how to recover from it. :-[

something tells me you don't need to try... :)

I have flashed DL30, Superclean 1.0, back to stock, then back to DL30 with zero issues. So I understand enough to do what I need which is why I was reaching out for additional clarification so I can learn more.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Guys im sorry if i missed a question, im running on no sleep and have a migrane.... But listen please no flaming each other (Not in my thread at least), i spent alot of time doing this stuff to make it easy on everyone who wants to try and modify/hack their phones.... if they do not mind taking responsibility for what happens to their phones then i have no problem helping anyone no matter how complex or simple the question is. The reason i love AC and spend so much time volunteering my time is because we work hard on making it easy for the inexperienced (which we all were at some point).

So please lets keep it friendly and keep helping each other as we would want to be helped if we had a question.

Thanks everyone.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Here you go

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I had the same exact thing happen to me. plug your phone into your computer with the usb cord, mount sd card, delete the current update.zip on your sd card, download this one. Worked like a charm. And don't click on flash clockwork mod in rom manager. I have not touched it since my first mistake and not problem whatsoever. You can also go into the clockwork folder on your phone, delete the recovery-update.zip there, downlaoad this same update.zip file to the clockwork folder and rename it recovery-update.zip. This will allow you to reboot to the new red cwm (2.5.1.1) from rom manager, long press of the power button if you have recovery in your power menu, or from the volume up/volume down/power button press

Worked like a charm, got blue on the Vu/d power push, ran update, into red. Did it through ROM mgr and it went straight to red.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Guys im sorry if i missed a question, im running on no sleep and have a migrane.... But listen please no flaming each other (Not in my thread at least), i spent alot of time doing this stuff to make it easy on everyone who wants to try and modify/hack their phones.... if they do not mind taking responsibility for what happens to their phones then i have no problem helping anyone no matter how complex or simple the question is. The reason i love AC and spend so much time volunteering my time is because we work hard on making it easy for the inexperienced (which we all were at some point).

So please lets keep it friendly and keep helping each other as we would want to be helped if we had a question.

Thanks everyone.

the reason I have learned so much in a short amount of time is because of the hard work of all you and all the other contributors and I can't thank you all enough.

honestly I was a bit taken aback buy the reply telling me I wasn't qualified to do an upgrade.

tai_barr

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody tried Adrynalyne's debloated one yet? I was wondering if stock Browser and Car Home is still there or is it part of debloated one. If it is, does anybody know if we can port Browser and Car Home apk from US Celler's Mesmorize (I believe it has froyo already, or at least a leak one out there)like before and overwrite? According to Cory's youtube video, it still route through Bing. I like a stock look, but all google. That would be awsome.

Thanks all dev people giving us freedom.

MonkeyGrass

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
the reason I have learned so much in a short amount of time is because of the hard work of all you and all the other contributors and I can't thank you all enough.

honestly I was a bit taken aback buy the reply telling me I wasn't qualified to do an upgrade.

If you are asking what modem/radios are, and how they affect "custom kernels" (which we aren't even running yet on DL30 or EB01) then my first reaction is always going to be "don't do anything to your phone" b/c you are asking the most basic of questions and not seeming to know what you are even referring too... All the info you are asking about is listed in the primary thread. Which radio and modem to use, etc.. and there are no custom kernels b/c we don't have source code yet. jt is working on some early voodoo stuff, but nothing really stable and ready for public consumption.

No need to be taken aback, whether you realize or not I was simply trying to help you avoid bricking your phone and posting the umpteenth "stuck on a boot loop with Samsung logo - HELP!!!!!" thread. Hence the reason I even posted smileys and stated I was NOT trying to be a d!ck.

But hey, take it how you want. Flash away, see what happens... :-*

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are asking what modem/radios are, and how they affect "custom kernels" (which we aren't even running yet on DL30 or EB01) then my first reaction is always going to be "don't do anything to your phone" b/c you are asking the most basic of questions and not seeming to know what you are even referring too... All the info you are asking about is listed in the primary thread. Which radio and modem to use, etc.. and there are no custom kernels b/c we don't have source code yet. jt is working on some early voodoo stuff, but nothing really stable and ready for public consumption.

No need to be taken aback, whether you realize or not I was simply trying to help you avoid bricking your phone and posting the umpteenth "stuck on a boot loop with Samsung logo - HELP!!!!!" thread. Hence the reason I even posted smileys and stated I was NOT trying to be a d!ck.

But hey, take it how you want. Flash away, see what happens... :-*

I was asking, not because I wanted to do anything to my phone, but just simply so I could learn more. It would have been very helpful if you could have just pointed me to the place where it had all the information and I could have read up on it myself.

Reactions: bxojr

ayhowarya

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I went to ODIN, but at "FACTORYFS" my screen went orange and nothing has happened since... what did I do?

[/idiot]

Edit: Needed to install Samsung drivers. Forgot I didn't have them on my brother's computer.

Last edited:

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. My phone's rooted but I haven't installed any kernels etc. From what I'm gathering I can simply flash this and it will wipe everything? And in that case, how can I make sure all of my apps and contacts are backed up properly before? I'd hate to lose EVERYTHING! Thanks again for the help!

Hotweelz

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about flashing this.

I'm still on DI01 and am using one of JT's old OC Voodoo kernals. The 1.2 one I think.

My question is will I need to flash another kernal before flashing EB01? I've read tons of threads on voodoo kernals about uninstalling/disabling them before flashing. I think that's my problem though is that I'm on an information overload and a bit confused (plus I'm sure it doesn't help that I have a touch of the flu as well :( ).

So any help would be greatly appreciated. Also want to say a big THANKS to all the developers and others who do these tutorials (both here and on other forums as well). You guys rock!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I went to ODIN, but at "FACTORYFS" my screen went orange and nothing has happened since... what did I do?

if its been more than ten mins i would unplug, delete your existing tar file. redownload ,,,,,shut off antivirus on your computer, use USB port in the back of the computer , if already doing so try another. then try again.

Reactions: HuskerDad3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC