[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I get it! I think. So when I flash those other zip files, the update.zip doesn't need to be touched either? It is more or less a placeholder to make sure I am able to flash? BTW, DroidXcon and Adrynalyne are awesome! If this works, OTA updates are finished with me! This is awesome!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I get it! I think. So when I flash those other zip files, the update.zip doesn't need to be touched either? It is more or less a placeholder to make sure I am able to flash? BTW, DroidXcon and Adrynalyne are awesome! If this works, OTA updates are finished with me! This is awesome!
Once the update.zip is on your sd card you will come to a screen with blue lettering when you first boot into clockwork recovery. Hit the volume down button once so apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted and hit the home key. This will take you into red clockwork recovery which is what you need to flash anything in Froyo. That is the only way you will be "touching" the update.zip once it is on your sd card

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Once the update.zip is on your sd card you will come to a screen with blue lettering when you first boot into clockwork recovery. Hit the volume down button once so apply sdcard:update.zip is highlighted and hit the home key. This will take you into red clockwork recovery which is what you need to flash anything in Froyo. That is the only way you will be "touching" the update.zip once it is on your sd card

So then after I hit the update.zip file it will then take me to where I can flash the other fun files I need to flash?!

Reactions: Scott13M

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So then after I hit the update.zip file it will then take me to where I can flash the other fun files I need to flash?!
yes, once you are in red cwm just scroll to install zip from sd card, find the roms you downloaded to your sd card and want to flash, highlight one and hit either the power button or the back button. When you are done flashing the one or ones you want, hit the menu button to go back to the main red cwm page where you can reboot your phone. Enjoy! But be warned, it gets addicting. It is a disease known by two common names - gunnering or sheepdogging.

Reactions: Scott13M

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
yes, once you are in red cwm just scroll to install zip from sd card, find the roms you downloaded to your sd card and want to flash, highlight one and hit either the power button or the back button. When you are done flashing the one or ones you want, hit the menu button to go back to the main red cwm page where you can reboot your phone. Enjoy! But be warned, it gets addicting. It is a disease known by two common names - gunnering or sheepdogging.

My poor wife. She was competing against Angry Birds, now this. Oh well! Perfect. This is what I needed. I am officially on Froyo on my phone. Now to just re-download all my stuff. Android Central is the best. Thanks to you all again!

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Beware. .my battery life still sucks (it rocked on anything prior to froyo) and my wifi drops for no reason. Fed up w sammy and vzw.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Beware. .my battery life still sucks (it rocked on anything prior to froyo) and my wifi drops for no reason. Fed up w sammy and vzw.
Been there done that. Been numerous times I got so frustrated I wanted to throw my phone. Don't let it get to you. Take it from me, it gets soooo much better and easier. Just keep reading the forums and asking questions. There are a couple of methods in this thread that people have had some success with:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/58334-how-battery.html

The method that actually worked best for me was this:

Follow the battery life thread instructions about charging to 100%, power off and keep it charging til it hits 100% again, turn it back on, charge back to 100%.

Then power off, reset battery stats, and run your battery down to 5-7% off that single charge. Plug back in, and charge back to 100% (preferably with the phone off, like overnight).

ghostrider5666

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I just put on EB01 and went to camera and it says I do not have the latest firmware. Which one do I do Phone/CAM FW Ver Check or Phone FW Ver Check or Phone to CAM FW Write?

rctreadaway

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
OK guys i got the thing flashed over to EB01. I DO NOT have clock work installed so what do I need to do? Sorry! I have the droid figured out but i'm completely new to this fascinate rooting. Thanks

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Worked great...thanks for packaging it all together really nicely...kinda wish we coulda had the unbloated version packaged as well but its all good :) If i wanted the unbloated version would i still have to go back and install the kernel radio and modem again?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK guys i got the thing flashed over to EB01. I DO NOT have clock work installed so what do I need to do? Sorry! I have the droid figured out but i'm completely new to this fascinate rooting. Thanks

if you flashed with odin you do have clockwork installed, thats why i packaged it...
make sure the update.zip is on your sdcard

from off state,,,,vol up+down+powerbutton,,,hold till you see samsung flash twice then let go...then go to apply sdcard:update.zip, press the home key and it will lead you into clockwork

Reactions: rctreadaway

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you flashed to EB01 using the method in this thread, you have clockwork installed. It it built in. Not sure if this build has the full power menu (contains reboot and recovery) when you long press the power button, but if it does you can get to clockwork by choosing recovery from that menu. Otherwise with the phone off you can hold down the volume up, volume down, and power buttons until you see the samsung logo flash twice. When you see it the second time, let go of all the buttons. You will be in blue cwm. use volume down to highlight apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the home button. This will take you into red clockwork.

Reactions: rctreadaway

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Worked great...thanks for packaging it all together really nicely...kinda wish we coulda had the unbloated version packaged as well but its all good :) If i wanted the unbloated version would i still have to go back and install the kernel radio and modem again?

no just grab adrynalynes zip file and flash it via clockwork, ill be working on debloated though

dhdmart

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I may get hammered for this, but what exactly is busybox and what does it do. Reason I am asking is I ran across it on Adrynalynnes post for EB01

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci