[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it was the failure of wiping your phone that's the problem.. Try wiping cache partion from clockwork

Tried doing that - same issue. Rebooted a couple of times and LP still has those weird issues.

To redo this, is there something I should do BEFORE starting the ODIN process. I thought flashing through ODIN basically wiped out everything. Maybe it just didn't take?

If there is nothing to do before-hand, should I just re-flash through ODIN (follow steps in OP), let it install my apps, then use Titanium to ONLY install missing apps and data?

Thanks for the help. This is the first time I had any real issues rooting and/or flashing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Tried doing that - same issue. Rebooted a couple of times and LP still has those weird issues.

To redo this, is there something I should do BEFORE starting the ODIN process. I thought flashing through ODIN basically wiped out everything. Maybe it just didn't take?

If there is nothing to do before-hand, should I just re-flash through ODIN (follow steps in OP), let it install my apps, then use Titanium to ONLY install missing apps and data?

Thanks for the help. This is the first time I had any real issues rooting and/or flashing.

yeah i dont know why it didnt wipe,,,yeah , try that, go into clockwork , wipe data and wipe cache partition. once its done reflash with odin , then do the missing apps and data thing....dont forget to back up your contacts to your google account

Reactions: drberezin

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
yeah i dont know why it didnt wipe,,,yeah , try that, go into clockwork , wipe data and wipe cache partition. once its done reflash with odin , then do the missing apps and data thing....dont forget to back up your contacts to your google account

Thanks for getting back. I probably won't be able to do it until tonight, so I'll let ya know. Thanks again.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Final question I swear. When I flash a theme like aosp lock screen, can I uninstall it somehow or how does that work!?
And the verdict is...........DroidXcon was correct. Even though you download the themes to your sd card, once you flash them they are applied to your phone.

Unmounted sd card, pulled it from the phone ==> theme still there
put sd card back in, deleted theme from sd card ==> theme still there
rebooted ==> theme still there
wiped cache/dalvik ==> theme still there

Looks like the only way to get rid of a theme completely from your phone is through ODIN. Of course if you just don't want the theme showing I would imagine you could go into cwm, wipe data/cache, and flash everything but the theme. At least we have an answer now.

Reactions: willenium_1217

LakerFam0824

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
And the verdict is...........DroidXcon was correct. Even though you download the themes to your sd card, once you flash them they are applied to your phone.

Looks like the only way to get rid of a theme completely from your phone is through ODIN. Of course if you just don't want the theme showing I would imagine you could go into cwm, wipe data/cache, and flash everything but the theme. At least we have an answer now.

Awesome work Shark... Since I have been coming here for about a week now and just reading forum after forum I have learned so much from all of you. Earlier I saw a post about feeling so much love in the thread he concluded with thats why androidcentral is the best out there... and i belive it.

Kudos to all involved again! I havent even strated on my phone but feel very confident... so here we go... check back in lil bit... fingers crossed! ;)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Awesome work Shark... Since I have been coming here for about a week now and just reading forum after forum I have learned so much from all of you. Earlier I saw a post about feeling so much love in the thread he concluded with thats why androidcentral is the best out there... and i belive it.

Kudos to all involved again! I havent even strated on my phone but feel very confident... so here we go... check back in lil bit... fingers crossed! ;)
Good luck. Just take your time and follow the instructions exactly. Any questions, just find the appropriate thread and post. No shortage of people here willing to help

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

OK, can I switch the theme? For example, if I get two different ones and flash them, is the one I most recently flashed the only one I can pick? I guess it would be nice to have this option to go back and forth from one to another or back to a stock theme. Thanks for all you hard work too!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, can I switch the theme? For example, if I get two different ones and flash them, is the one I most recently flashed the only one I can pick? I guess it would be nice to have this option to go back and forth from one to another or back to a stock theme. Thanks for all you hard work too!
you can keep as many themes on your sd card as you want. to switch between themes, just reboot into recovery, apply update.zip, install the different theme, and reboot. No need to do any wiping of data or caches when switching between themes

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
ever since i put superclean 2.1 on my phone, when the screen turns off for a long period of time the phone goes completely unresponsive.... i can take out the battery and put it back in and the phone boots up and acts like it should until the screen times out again for a long period of time... i have had to put battery in and out about 6x just this morning and is a real inconvenience in class when i gotta sneakily take out the battery lol.... but also ever since i flashed 2.1 i cant seem to get red cwm to work every time i boot into recovery it comes up as stock android recovery. i have even moved the update.zip file to the cwm folder and renamed it recovery-update.zip and renamed the old recoery-update file update.zip and removed it from the folder... is any one else having either of these problems

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ever since i put superclean 2.1 on my phone, when the screen turns off for a long period of time the phone goes completely unresponsive.... i can take out the battery and put it back in and the phone boots up and acts like it should until the screen times out again for a long period of time... i have had to put battery in and out about 6x just this morning and is a real inconvenience in class when i gotta sneakily take out the battery lol.... but also ever since i flashed 2.1 i cant seem to get red cwm to work every time i boot into recovery it comes up as stock android recovery. i have even moved the update.zip file to the cwm folder and renamed it recovery-update.zip and renamed the old recoery-update file update.zip and removed it from the folder... is any one else having either of these problems

ill flash it again and see what type of results again

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
unresponsive meaning you hit the power button and nothing happens? wow. By stock android recovery are you referring to the blue cwm? If so that is correct. You have to highlight apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the home button. that will take you into red cwm. don't move the update.zip file to the cwm folder, leave it where it is on the base of your sd card or you will not be able to get into red cwm. for the cwm folder, download another copy of update.zip to that folder, delete the current recovery-update.zip file, then rename the update.zip file recovery-update.

Reactions: bubbadogg14

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
yes when i hit the power button nothing happens and when someone calls nothing happens but my ringback tone plays it doesnt go straight to voicemail so it leads me 2 believe it is on but unresponsive until i do a battery pull... i will give wat u said about the red cwm a try... i did mean the blue cwm....other than this the rom has been absolutely flawless for me so far(also that battery life has been really bad but i'm attributing that 2 having 2 boot my phone up over and over)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yes when i hit the power button nothing happens and when someone calls nothing happens but my ringback tone plays it doesnt go straight to voicemail so it leads me 2 believe it is on but unresponsive until i do a battery pull... i will give wat u said about the red cwm a try... i did mean the blue cwm....other than this the rom has been absolutely flawless for me so far(also that battery life has been really bad but i'm attributing that 2 having 2 boot my phone up over and over)

do me a favor, go to your market and see the my downloads section, is it trying to download every app you ever downloaded?

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
although now my screen timed out while watching my downloads and phone became immediately unresponsive as opposed to before when the screen had to be off for about 25+ minutes for it 2 go unresponsive

Rickaa

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
DriodX thank you for your work I used this methiod this morning and it worked ok when it loaded i went into market and it was trying to load all my apps so I pulled the batt rebooted went into market and instead of going to my apps I just searched TB and installed and re applied my apps that way everything seems to be good flashed a theme and even themed the market. Juat was wondering why it did or if I did something wrong and got lucky saving myself.
I flashed the SC version through odin package.
Again Thank You for your work and all the dev for making are phones what they should be and more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670