[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed Super Clean version 2.1 - EB01 Froyo leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod the other day. I am just now starting to look at themes, boot animations, etc and I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a [How To] do this (and/or a how to use clockworkmod and WHEN to use it)... I'm confused if I need to use Odin again to flash a theme, boot animation, battery framework, etc... or if i can long press my power button and select "recovery". I'm assuming if i do that i would have to have whatever file on my SD card already.

Thanks in advance for the help!

:):cool::)

You do not need ODIN to flash themes or boot animations. Simply save the zip file to your sd card, go into recovery, you will start in blue recovery, hit the volume down button once to highlight apply sdcard:update.zip, hit the home key. this will take you into red recovery (cwm). highlight install from sd card, but this time in red you use the power button to choose, find the zip file for whatever theme or animation you want to install, highlight it and hit the power button. confirm you want to take that action and hit the power button. once you get the installation complete confirmation hit the menu key to go back to the main red menu where the first thing on the menu list which will be highlighted is reboot system now. Hit the power button and wait for your phone to reboot. I'm sorry I haven't had the time to learn about battery framework yet, but there are more experienced people on here who can answer that. Good luck.

Reactions: Les3631

slee823

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Still getting the "unknown file" icon during download. I downloaded: 7-Zip 9.20 (2010-11-18) for Windows (.exe 32-bit x86). Is there something else I should try or is common?

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For me, LauncherPro was the culprit. Just like yours, the back button doesn't exit 'contacts'.

I simply changed back to the included launcher, and it was fixed. It is also fixed when i use ADW launcher.

HTH

Yes, Adrynalyne, who is our greatest benefactor and provider of these EB01 builds so make sure you wear out the thanks button on his posts, found there was a problem with the back button from contacts in LauncherPro. Last I read he said there was not a fix, but I've been off the forums for a few hours. ADW will fix the back button problem, but Adrynalyne also wrote ADW will kill the long press of the search key to bring up Google voice search. So you just have to decide what works best for you.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so i tried searching the thread, but it keeps telling me that "mac" is too short to use as search keyword... is there a way to load the update from my powerbook, or am i just out of luck?

Not a mac user, so I don't know. Couldn't find anything in the forums specific to using a Mac to get to EB01, but I did find this thread discussing how to use a mac to get to DL30 which was the Froyo leak before EB01:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...acks/59035-mac-instuctions-download-dl30.html

boredomb2000

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank You LandShark I have been doing some reading on this for a better part of the day. not sure if I want to do it? well I want the update but not sure If I am capable of doing it and not messing up my phone LoL that is the issue for me right now. it seems pretty straight forward but I have never doing anything like this b4.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so i havent seen anything about this kernel. is this a non-voodoo kernel? also I heard that there isn't a kernel out yet that supports boot-animations. does this one do that?

Yes this is a non-voodoo kernel. Adrynalyne did make his superclean 2.2 in both a non-voodoo and voodoo version. The voodoo kernel supports boot animations now, but voodoo is a bit more complex, and those who use it tend to advise people to gain some experience and confidence flashing roms, themes, and kernels in non-voodoo before venturing to voodoo. Non-voodoo kernels do not support boot animations yet, but will once Adrynalyne and the other devs get their hands on the source code for EB01.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am a newbie, im in odin right now and i pressed the start button twice because i didn't see any indication that anything started - did i do something wrong? - im still waiting it's been about 2 minutes

Tell me what you are seeing on your pc screen and on your phone and what you did up to this point. I'll see if I can walk you through it.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Finally got around to trying this. Problem when I hit the home key on "apply sdcard:update.zip" I don't get the red cwm, all I get is a white triangle with an exclamation point inside and the droid. Rebooted and tried a few times. Any suggestions?

you are going to need to remind me where you are at in the process, what you have done to this point, and what you are trying to do. Sorry, just trying to help a lot of people at once and it's been a while since you last posted. Thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
if you brick can you use this to restore back to froyo stock????

I would follow the instructions here and use them to flash to whatever you wanted to. If you bricked though, the problem that caused the brick may still be there. DroidXcon often times suggests people flash back to DI01 to get a clean wipe. If the instructions in this wipe don't work, find the threads where Gunnermike53, Sheepdog Elite, and JaeKar99 are posting. They are the experts at helping people get out of bricked situations.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ls-trade-troubleshooting-returning-stock.html

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
this thread is really long so I'm just going to ask and hopefully it's not a big deal if it's been mentioned....does anyone have a problem with the long press not working for the search button after installing froyo/deleting bing? I used to use it for Vlingo and it would allow me to give voice commands much more easily

I'm having the same problem: no long press search button voice search. Also, when I type into the address/search bar in the browser I get Bing results, and I thought Bing had been done away with. I'm using the debloated version btw. Other than that, everythin has gone extremely smooth. Loving me some froyo! Thanks so much to DroidXcon!

*Update: I just found the de-binged browser in JaeKar99's thread. Am I supposed to just delete the existing browser.apk and replace it with the one in the zip file?

Courtesy of Chris3D who brought us the de-binged browser:

Hey everyone, if anyone's interested, I managed to de-Bing the stock browser from the recent EB01 leak. Default search is Google, soft key and address bar searches go to Google and all the Verizon bookmarks are removed.

I didn't check Adrynalyne's cleaned rom to see if his is de-binged too, mostly because I wanted to see if I could figure out how to do it myself. Well, it appears as though I have! Peanuts for the devs, I'm sure, but it's a victory for me!

Flash it with Clockwork (or just extract the apk and place it in system/app). And you might want to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and clear data for the browser. Oh, and if you're using an odexed rom, you can delete the Browser.odex file, since this is deodexed.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank You LandShark I have been doing some reading on this for a better part of the day. not sure if I want to do it? well I want the update but not sure If I am capable of doing it and not messing up my phone LoL that is the issue for me right now. it seems pretty straight forward but I have never doing anything like this b4.

I know what you mean. I was overwhelmed and intimidated when I started. Let me know what you want to do, which method you think works best for you and I'll do my best to walk you through it step by step. DroidXcon did the same thing for me.

boredomb2000

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
okay have a question about the setup wizard my location do you need to select any of the options vzw location sercives? standalone gps services? google location services?

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
you are going to need to remind me where you are at in the process, what you have done to this point, and what you are trying to do. Sorry, just trying to help a lot of people at once and it's been a while since you last posted. Thanks.

No problem.....I was having battery drain issues and you had pointed me to the the thread about resetting battery stats after doing a full charge. I had never done it before. But I can't get to red cwm......when i hit the home button while on the apply sdcard:update zip in blue cwm, it tries to do something for a split second and then ends up with the triangle.

boredomb2000

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
okay thanks soo I went with the full stock froyo it didn't take as long as it said it would 9mins? it was a more like umm 5 or soo and it didn't take that long to reboot either soo I dunno but it seems like everything is working right.
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech