[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
ok, mistakenly posted this problem in a different thread:

I've updated to 2.4 and whenever I use the marketplace search function all the results are either jpn or chinese... if I use the regular suggested apps, and browse whatever the market shows in top free, top paid, etc., all is fine.

pdubsfc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everybody! I'm new to rooting/flashing. I have one quick question. Is it necessary to root first before flashing one of the whole EB01 packages that come with root?

vjoaquin

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
root before flash?

Hey Everybody! I'm new to rooting/flashing. I have one quick question. Is it necessary to root first before flashing one of the whole EB01 packages that come with root?

Nope! You don't have to root before flashing one of the EB01's. DXC has taken care of that step for us (THANKS!!!!!) in the Odin flash files he posted in the OP.

Once you successfully flash one of the EB01 files, your phone will be rooted with SuperUser access, and it will have CwM Red, too.

Thank everyone you can! Especially DXC, Adryn, Landshark, etc. :D

Reactions: pdubsfc

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK. So, I applied the sdcard: update.zip and got into CwM Recovery... however, it says "CwM Voodoo LagFix Recovery v2.5.1.x" at the top. Does that mean I have Voodoo installed? Because I know I have never installed it. All I did was update from EA28 stock to EB01 Full Froyo (with Bloatware).

Also, below the menu choices I see the following dialog:

E:Missing bitmap progress_empty
(Code -1)
E:Missing bitmap progress_fill
(Code -1)
CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x

Anyone know what's up with that? Thanks!

You are fine vjoaquin, this new red cwm works for both voodoo and nonvoodoo. You get those E: messages because you are on a nonvoodoo kernel. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: vjoaquin

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok, mistakenly posted this problem in a different thread:

I've updated to 2.4 and whenever I use the marketplace search function all the results are either jpn or chinese... if I use the regular suggested apps, and browse whatever the market shows in top free, top paid, etc., all is fine.

hit menu soft key go =>settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all, scroll to market and click on it. you will see some grey boxes. Two of those boxes are marked clear data and clear cache. If the clear cache one is lit up, press it.

Gave you the same answer in the other thread.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas on which one is the best EB01 package?

It's like Baskin Robbins - 31 flavors. Different people like different things. Stock EB01 is exactly as it was when the devs got their hands on the release. Debloated/Deodexed removed a lot of the Verizon bloatware and odex files. Superclean went further into customizing and also modified the kernel. So it's really a matter of taste, personal preference, and what you want on your phone.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it necessary to wipe data and do a factory reset before flashing EB01 packages?

depends on what you are coming from. Going from one EB01 build to another, no wipe needed. Going from anything else to EB01, wipe. What are your current baseband and build numbers?

Reactions: pdubsfc

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
S:i500.04 V.EA28. Thanks for your help!

That is your baseband, can you look further down at the bottom of your about phone menu and also give me the build number please? Just want to make sure before you start flashing anything. Thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can I go straight to a Superclean version like 2.4? Also, how do I get my contacts back onto my phone?

You can go straight to 2.4 once I get your build from you. I let backup assistant save my contacts. Some people suggest backing up your contacts to your google account. You should write down what apps you have because you are going to lose them when you flash. Once you are rooted you can download Titanium backup from the market to back up all your apps.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When I go to clockwork I get a message stating that a couple of the bitmaps aren't available. Is this normal?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ksbc616

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my 3rd day using SC2.4 and it was working great!! BUT!!!! all of sudden now its acting lil bit werid.....
I called out and I heard werid noisy sound and it was continued while I was talking to that person. And also when I call out and I think that answered my phone call but I do not hear anything......any suggestions??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae