[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

triddirt

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been brought up at all - I'm pretty sure I've read through every post on this thread at least once - but I just noticed that after loading EB01 Stock Froyo about 2 weeks ago, all of the pictures I take are geo-tagged. It even lists a few of the towns I've taken pictures at in the gallery (under the 'Camera' folder)!

Now, the locations are not very accurate since I don't keep the GPS on unless I need it, but I have figured out that with 'Google Location Services' turned on, it geo-tags the pics. <--It never did that before loading EB01, and I always had GLS running. When I turn GLS off, the geo-tagging simply reports "unknown" in the picture details.

Anyone else notice this? Is there a way to have GLS turned on, but disable geo-tagging? GLS itself is handy when searching for places near my location, but I just don't want my pics tagged, and I'd rather not have to turn it on and off depending on what I'm doing at the moment.

Try Camera settings (Wrench Tab)
uncheck GPS

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod yesterday. should i be running the superclean 2.4 instead? and the only reason i did'nt download superclean was because i downloaded the .tar file but kept saving as a .rar and odin wasnt picking it up in my folder? any help is greatly appreciated

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Rogue,,, it will wipe your data,,, but your phone will be activated, you wont have to reactivate if thats your question

Not entirely true DroidXcon. Updating just the rom allowed me to not have to reactivate my phone, but a couple of my updates from one full version of Super Clean to another caused me to reactivate my phone. I never kept track of which one caused a reactivate or not, as it was what I expected. And no, I never went into my system setting to default the phone prior to or after the update to SC, it was at the screen that forces you to call Verizon to activate the phone.

Odd though, the first time it did it, the activation took a minute or two. Every time after that, it would connect to do the activation, and almost immediately the voice would say that my phone was activated. But that screen that pops up always came up except for when I updated the rom for 2.3 or 2.4.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod yesterday. should i be running the superclean 2.4 instead? and the only reason i did'nt download superclean was because i downloaded the .tar file but kept saving as a .rar and odin wasnt picking it up in my folder? any help is greatly appreciated

You have to extract the rar to get the tar. Using winrar or 7zip to extract it should do the trick, and then it'll see the tar file in question.

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You have to extract the rar to get the tar. Using winrar or 7zip to extract it should do the trick, and then it'll see the tar file in question.

so i just redo the same steps i did yesterday, and super clean will just go over the debloated version i put on yesterday?

Last edited:

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
hhmmm my bluetooth works great but I wouldnt mind some better battery life, actually battery life is not much of an issue either but I swear the phone isnt reading the battery right even after wiping stats

I'm with you on the BT working. Actually works better than it did with the last official patch, which I believe broke it.

That said, I have not liked my battery life since day 1 with this phone. After updating to Super Clean 2.4, I opted to clear out Dalvik and battery stats. Don't know if Dalvik helps or not, but I pulled the trigger on it either way. As for the battery stats, I cleared them, dropped the battery down to under 5%, and then charged it to full. From that day on, my phone lasts for 50-75% longer.

I used to charge it full, grab it in the morning to go to work. By lunch, I was down to 40% most days with my tinkering/throwing it on the desk, etc. Now I'm commonly at 75%, even higher some days. The true test was when I forgot to charge it one night and charged it when I came back home the next day. I was at 10%. I went almost 2 full days, and one full night, before having to charge.

But then again, I don't run any widgets or live wallpaper, and try to keep my display at around 20%. The day that I failed to charge it, the display was at 80%, and my wifi is ALWAYS on. I use no memory managers, task/application manager/killers.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
so i just redo the same steps i did yesterday, and super clean will just go over the debloated version i put on yesterday?

If you load EB01SC24_DXC.tar, it will go over whatever was there. I like the full loads because I know that I get everything, including the kitchen sink. The only issue I had was for some reason, and this happened on all versions of the roms I loaded from Super Clean, that my text messaging was hosed. Nobody would get my replies or when I initiated a text message to them, so I had to load the modem with Odin, and now my text messaging is working as intended. Nobody else reported this issue, so I consider it a fluke.

Nonetheless, you should be good to go with EB01SC24_DXC.tar laying over whatever you have now. I did it laying over each previous version of Super Clean, as well as going all the way back to DI01 (no root), followed the directions on the first post, and loaded super Clean 2.4 with ZERO problems in the load (sans my having to reinstall just the modem). Even without having to do that, EVERYTHING else worked.

I did find that in order for my GPS to be more accurate, having rebooted my phone a couple of times after loading the last SC rom, I checked VZ, GPS and Google location. Opened up 4square, updated my location for the venues, and GPS has been pretty spot on. It always works with maps and directions, but it's a Fascinate... you're gonna likely have issues from time to time with GPS. Oddly enough, 2.2 was the best for GPS for me, but maybe I have a hardware issue. Who knows?

vjoaquin

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
The option has been on mine with SC 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4. GPS is unchecked by default. Don't know about others.

I have the full Verizon bloated EB01 flavor... there is no option for GPS in the camera settings that I can find. I don't particularly care for the SC flavors - I actually use some of the built-in apps.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
how do you place the download on your SD card once you have downloaded the update.zip?

how do you extract the froyo file after download?

Welcome to android central..... you plug in your phone, then pull down the notification bar, there should be a notice that says USB connected, select it> select mount

then from your computer go to the "start" button, go to computer, in this window you will see different drives, select the new one , should be 16gbs .. and that is your sdcard, open it and drag the or copy the download into this window

droidpowered

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I would like to thank all you guys at Androidcentral! You guys rock! I installed 2.4 superclean and this is my first install, it was so easy to do..I am now back in love with my phone, so once again thanks DroidXcon for the OP.

Now the only problem I have is with my bluetooth, my phone does not recognize it. Is that common with with this build? Has anyone had this problem? is there a fix? I really need my bluetooth ny has that 2 pts on you liscense if your caught using your phone while driving so I really dont want to get any fines. any help would be great!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would like to thank all you guys at Androidcentral! You guys rock! I installed 2.4 superclean and this is my first install, it was so easy to do..I am now back in love with my phone, so once again thanks DroidXcon for the OP.

Now the only problem I have is with my bluetooth, my phone does not recognize it. Is that common with with this build? Has anyone had this problem? is there a fix? I really need my bluetooth ny has that 2 pts on you liscense if your caught using your phone while driving so I really dont want to get any fines. any help would be great!

Go to this post:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-eb01-2-4-updated.html
download the nuance_froyo.zip file to your sd card and install it through clockworkmod recovery.

Reactions: droidpowered

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance