[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I flashed eb16sc_dxc to my phone. If the phone is plugged in i have no problems. If i unplug it and leave it sit for a few minutes it will not come back on and I have to pull the battery. It works as long as i dont let it sit. Any ideas?

Paul

Paul,

Sounds like you have the SoD, aka Sleep of Death. Try going here http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-trouble-sleep-death-eb01-superclean-2-x.html if reflashing doesn't take care of it like DroidXcon suggested... which is also where to download the file needed to patch your system. If the link doesn't work, go up to the parent category "Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks" and search for Adrynalyne's post on the Sleep of Death

If you believe that you have this issue, and you've downloaded the file, perform the following:

• Place the sod_patch1.zip file on the root of the SD card on your phone.
  • Also make sure that you have update.zip on your root. If not, download it from here and then place it on the root.
  • Power off the phone
  • Hold down both the up and down volume buttons (same time) and then press and hold the power button until you see the Samsung logo for the second time. At that time, release all buttons. You should now see CWM blue.
  • Use the down volume button to highlight the "apply sdcard:update.zip" and then press the HOME icon (little house) on your phone to select or execute this option. This will take you into CWM Red.
  • Use the volume down button to highlight "install zip from sdcard". Now use the POWER button for the phone to select or execute this option.
  • Use the volume down button to highlight the sod_patch1.zip file and then press the POWER button for the phone to execute the option.

You should now be at a confirmation page where you have only one yes. Are you really really really sure you want to do this kind of thing.

• Use the volume down button highlighting the yes, use the POWER button to execute the installation of the zip for the sleep of death.

When you're done with the install, use the menu button located in the lower left of your phone and back out until you get to the main menu where you need to select "Reboot System Now" and then use the power button to execute this option.

Your phone should now reboot and get you back to the main screen with your fix in place. You're done.

Feeling superstitious, wait 5 minutes and reboot again. If I missed a step or made it sound more confusing than it should have been, please let me know so that I can fix my steps.

SuD

Last edited:

megalosdog#AC

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i did and i think i still have the voodoo kernel but voodoo is disabled..and when i reflashed via odin it was weird because when the phone booted it has some old wall paper that i used to have

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon's instructions and files do not support Voodoo. I don't have any experience with Voodoo myself, so I can only help as far as the directions and stuff that he's got posted in his OP.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
i thought odin overwrites everything

Not knowing what you're specifically loading...

Data should always be left alone, as well as your phone apps, contact lists and settings when you load the EB16SC24x_DXC.tar, EB16SC25x_DXC.tar and EB16SC26x_DXC.tar files.

The little x after the version number denotes that there is no data wipe of your phone. If you don't use the versions with the little x after the version, you get a full data wipe of the phone.

That said, Streater has a post here http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...nmodified-stock-engineering-test-package.html that has EB01 Stock/Engineering with full instructions on what you'll need to do on loading it. Also has links to root and the such. If you want bloated, this is as "clean" (meaning no hacks/mods) a version as you'll get.

SuD

Reactions: megalosdog#AC

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I just upped to SC2.6x last night...... Some of the issues that have come up are:
1) I can't play my VCast Videos subscription
2) Some apps won't launch
3) Getting texts from my wife, but it comes up as one of my friends
Any ideas on how to fix these hicups?

Hardware version i500.04
Firmware version 2.2.1
Baseband version s:i500.04 v.eb01
Kernal version 2.6.32.9
Build number sch-i500.eb01

megalosdog#AC

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I just upped to SC2.6x last night...... Some of the issues that have come up are:
1) I can't play my VCast Videos subscription
2) Some apps won't launch
3) Getting texts from my wife, but it comes up as one of my friends
Any ideas on how to fix these hicups?

Hardware version i500.04
Firmware version 2.2.1
Baseband version s:i500.04 v.eb01
Kernal version 2.6.32.9
Build number sch-i500.eb01

flash the stock version

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks...if i look in set cpu under info what should the stock kernel info say?

I personally use the version that doesn't wipe data, EB16SC26x_DXC.tar type files with the little x after the version number. That said, I can only tell you what my phone shows, knowing what I've done.

megalosdog#AC

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
every custom rom ive ever flashed...even in the days of the og droid, there was always something that didnt work quite good enough...dont get me wrong the had many positives too though..i dont mess with them anymore too much headache

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
every custom rom ive ever flashed...even in the days of the og droid, there was always something that didnt work quite good enough...dont get me wrong the had many positives too though..i dont mess with them anymore too much headache

Originally, I upped to SC2.4 the other day then last night jumped up to SC2.6x. I used ODIN on both.

megalosdog#AC

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I personally use the version that doesn't wipe data, EB16SC26x_DXC.tar type files with the little x after the version number. That said, I can only tell you what my phone shows, knowing what I've done.

thats what i got but arent there voodoo specific kernels where the kernel is still there but lagfix disabled, and the kernel always looks like that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463