[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

vazquezye

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks!!!! It works now!!!! The holding the button into the first green square came up made it work! But I have a quick question, is this the same program it used to have before the Samsung Facinate??? I ask because now it looks kind of different and when I go to the apps I can't slide the pages horizontally. Why is that? So what different things I can expect from this 2.2 version?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks!!!! It works now!!!! The holding the button into the first green square came up made it work! But I have a quick question, is this the same program it used to have before the Samsung Facinate??? I ask because now it looks kind of different and when I go to the apps I can't slide the pages horizontally. Why is that? So what different things I can expect from this 2.2 version?

You can read the whole list of things that are different in this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/59618-faq-froyo-build-eb01.html

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Green square??? its suppose to be yellow???

if you flashed superclean,, this is a custom version of 2.2, made by Adrynalyne it has removed most all features added by verizon and samsung. the side ways app drawer was a feature done by samsung.

to be honest the list of the changes is alot , just try it out, if you dont like it we can get you back to samsung version

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think there are some instructions in this thread on how to get the red back and have both red and orange on your phone:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...cks/64350-clockwork-recommended-3-1-11-a.html

EDIT - Forget that link, I just read through it. Let me find the thread where it is discussed. I will link it when I find it.

Found the thread, it is jt1134's clockwork thread over at xda. The info about having both red and orange, or just red, or just orange are on pages 13 & 14 of this thread:
[RECOVERY] Updated ClockworkMod for ALL ROMs - xda-developers

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
@ DXC and Landshark--

Cool. I'm back up and runnin SC2.6x again. The texting issue is resolved, but I still can't open VCAST Videos....hmmmmm. Get this error message "Connect error No response from server. Please try again."

It was working when I had SC2.4. Any thoughts?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@ DXC and Landshark--

Cool. I'm back up and runnin SC2.6x again. The texting issue is resolved, but I still can't open VCAST Videos....hmmmmm. Get this error message "Connect error No response from server. Please try again."

It was working when I had SC2.4. Any thoughts?

I'm pretty sure VCAST was one of the verizon bloatware programs Adrynalyne removed.

Reactions: Dave95b

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure VCAST was one of the verizon bloatware programs Adrynalyne removed.

Anyway to get it ok'd especially since I'm paying for it? Also, it worked when I went to the EB01 developers rom that DXC had me install earlier. I think I'm going to mess around a bit and check out sc 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 to see which one it works on. Unless you know of a patch?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyway to get it ok'd especially since I'm paying for it? Also, it worked when I went to the EB01 developers rom that DXC had me install earlier. I think I'm going to mess around a bit and check out sc 2.4, 2.5, and 2.6 to see which one it works on. Unless you know of a patch?

Don't know of a patch, and the reason it worked on the EB01 DXC had you flash back to is because that was a stock build. Stock meaning it still contained all the verizon programs Adrynalyne removes when he creates his superclean ROMs

Reactions: Dave95b

jadenoir7

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded unzip file to my phone, held down volume button connected usb to computer, used superclean 2.6, hit start, when finished downloading put battery back in and hit power button, phone turned on and still running 2.1

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded unzip file to my phone, held down volume button connected usb to computer, used superclean 2.6, hit start, when finished downloading put battery back in and hit power button, phone turned on and still running 2.1

did you have an odin log in the window on the lower left hand corner

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

You don't download the unzipped file to your phone, the unzipped 2.6 file stays on your pc. You download the update.zip file to the base of your sd card on your phone. Also when you connect your phone to the usb cord make sure you hold the volume down button beyond the point where the big yellow triangle appears on your phone. Hold the volume down button until the first thin rectangle on the left in ODIN turns yellow, then let go of the volume button.

SpeedNE1

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
DXC and Shark thanks for all your posts. I'm new here so I started on pg1 and made it to about pg65 before getting anxious and going through with the flash.
Everything went clean and I used EB16SC26x_DXC.tar.md5, since I didn't have a Froyo flash on here yet. I'm a bit worried though because when using Odin it only took 2min48sec to complete (as stated 9min). I put battery back in and loaded it up and everything looks good. Is there something I can do to make sure this did work? Or is there now a Superfastclean 2.6 install that I used? lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DXC and Shark thanks for all your posts. I'm new here so I started on pg1 and made it to about pg65 before getting anxious and going through with the flash.
Everything went clean and I used EB16SC26x_DXC.tar.md5, since I didn't have a Froyo flash on here yet. I'm a bit worried though because when using Odin it only took 2min48sec to complete (as stated 9min). I put battery back in and loaded it up and everything looks good. Is there something I can do to make sure this did work? Or is there now a Superfastclean 2.6 install that I used? lol

Welcome to AC. to be honest i exaggerated the time a bit, stop anyone from yanking the cable out a bit to early ,,,,and unless a little red demon is jumping out of your phone,, then you are ok ;)

congrats and enjoy

Reactions: SpeedNE1

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
im not sure what im missing here im very new to this when i try to connect my fascinate to pc by way of usb i get a prompt that says USB device not recognized ive got the update.zip on my pc and EB16SC26_DXC.tar that has been extracted to the md5 was looking forward to getting the froyo and really opening up the fascinate i know its much more capable then allowed right now this is my first android and im as green as a shamrock at modifying my device im rooted and thats about as far as ive gotten app toys like adfree ti backup superuser learning as much as i can from forums and reading but still feel like a preschooler any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
im not sure what im missing here im very new to this when i try to connect my fascinate to pc by way of usb i get a prompt that says USB device not recognized ive got the update.zip on my pc and EB16SC26_DXC.tar that has been extracted to the md5 was looking forward to getting the froyo and really opening up the fascinate i know its much more capable then allowed right now this is my first android and im as green as a shamrock at modifying my device im rooted and thats about as far as ive gotten app toys like adfree ti backup superuser learning as much as i can from forums and reading but still feel like a preschooler any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Make sure you download and install the Samsung drivers from step 1 of the first post.
Use the usb ports in the back of the pc.
Battery out during the whole process.

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you download and install the Samsung drivers from step 1 of the first post.
Use the usb ports in the back of the pc.
Battery out during the whole process.

i did miss the install on the samsung drivers did that kept out battery used usb port in back still came up same message with the device not recognized my phone is already rooted not sure if that makes a diffrence and as for the update.zip ive got it on my pc but not clear on getting it to sd card could that be the issue ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i did miss the install on the samsung drivers did that kept out battery used usb port in back still came up same message with the device not recognized my phone is already rooted not sure if that makes a diffrence and as for the update.zip ive got it on my pc but not clear on getting it to sd card could that be the issue ?

if you are able to turn your phone back on , (im just reading this post as im in a rush ) turn the phone on , put it in debugging mode, plug your phone it and let it configure the drivers
debugging can be found
settings>applicatons>development>check debugging

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
@ DXC and Landshark---

Messed with SC2.5x and SC2.6x. I can't launch VCAST Videos in either of them. I think it might be because of the EB16 platform integration. That being said I'm gonna stick with SC2.4x for now. Waiting for my cell to complete the upload process. The next step is getting the EB01 Midnight v1.2 theme. That looks pretty sick. Thanks again for all of the help DXC and Landshark!!!! You guys are a true asset.

Reactions: DroidXcon

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
if you are able to turn your phone back on , (im just reading this post as im in a rush ) turn the phone on , put it in debugging mode, plug your phone it and let it configure the drivers
debugging can be found
settings>applicatons>development>check debugging

thank you very grateful for ur help looks great so far thanks for ur patients with a android noobie

Reactions: DroidXcon

droidpowered

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey DXC I did the 2.7 with Odin earlier and I just read in Adrynalyne post to those not to do the 2.7 rom. Does that mean I should go back to 2.6 and then flash 2.7 patch? Im soo confused now....flash no flash yes flash gimme flash aaarrrrrgghhh flash flash flash...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781