[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

Winkz7

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Pulled the trigger!!! Root, root!!

Got tired of waiting for Froyo on my cool phone (especially since my wife's LG Ally has been updated for 2-3 weeks, aghhh!).

Not sure if this is right, but since I had not rooted before the E28 OTA, I was not able to use Titanium Backup to backup my Apps & other data before going to EB01/EB16 version. I have a bunch of stuff copied from my SD card to the computer, just not sure how to, or if I need to, restore it. My contacts were backed up a couple of ways, so they came back easy enough.

I have reloaded most of my Apps and the phone is running great.

Thanks for all your help making it happen. The only step I missed in the instructions was pressing 'Start'. That only cost me a few grey hairs and 15 minutes...

waypoint

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
you may have to go to stock or debloated for this, someone is saying he is having trouble with exchange so i would hold off on superclean till we figure it out

I successfully went from 2.1 to 2.2 to SC2.4 to SC2.6 and really love it. Everything works great. Even the exchange security screen. Unfortunately, there is a problem with it successfully pulling corporate email from exchange. Doesn't work. I just loops with the message retreiving emails. I'm not sure if its a problem on the corporate exchange server side or if its because the SC2.6 is rooted? While I love all the improvements in SC2.6, I'll have to go back to 2.1 stock unless there is another version you can suggest.

Again, Thanks for all your time and effort in helping all of us.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I successfully went from 2.1 to 2.2 to SC2.4 to SC2.6 and really love it. Everything works great. Even the exchange security screen. Unfortunately, there is a problem with it successfully pulling corporate email from exchange. Doesn't work. I just loops with the message retreiving emails. I'm not sure if its a problem on the corporate exchange server side or if its because the SC2.6 is rooted? While I love all the improvements in SC2.6, I'll have to go back to 2.1 stock unless there is another version you can suggest.

Again, Thanks for all your time and effort in helping all of us.

Very welcome, but please drop in to Adrynalynes thread since he is the rom developer, i just package them up and deliver them through odin for everyon
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/53810-rom-superclean-2-6-updated.html

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Can I go straight to a superclean package from a stock EA28 or do I need to put one of the stock froyo EB01 or the EB01DB packages on first?

Yes, you may go straight to a Super Clean package, but just make sure that you download the right one. When coming from something like EA28, which is stock 2.1 if I'm not mistaken, you want to make sure that you go to the version of SC that wipes your data. DroidXCon posts two versions of his packages, one that wipes and one that doesn't. The one that doesn't has a little x after the version number. If you see EB16SC26x_DXC.tar, it's the non wipe version and one you don't want unless you are already running Super Clean.

Since you're not, you want EB16SC26_DXC.tar, which is right above it.

Good luck and welcome to the fold.

pwostran

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
DXC and standupdad,
Ok so I think I got it. It was the digiclock widget that was causing the problem with the SoD. Once removed I haven't had a problem....yet
Just FYI and thanks again for your help in trying to get this working

No go. Now it looks like the ASOP lock screen thats doing it. I've been using the rotary lock screen and havent had an issue yet. Will report back with an update after i test this more.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No go. Now it looks like the ASOP lock screen thats doing it. I've been using the rotary lock screen and havent had an issue yet. Will report back with an update after i test this more.

lol you will slowly strip down your phone...."OK guys i have no apps and no launcher, its just the dialer, and it keeps doing it, shall i delete the dialer" lol

vjoaquin

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Woohoo! So far so good on SC 2.6!

Will keep testing stuff to make sure it really works.

Two quick ?'s...

1. Is the notification bar supposed to be black? Cuz mine is still dark gray. Although I really like the look of everything else!
2. How do you remove 'Home' screens... there are 5 of them loaded in SC 2.6... I only use 1 or 2 at most!

Thanks, Droid!

Sent from my Fascinate SC 2.6

Last edited:

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So... I pulled the trigger also and went from stock 2.1 to deblated/deodexed EB01. The whole process took about 10 minutes at most. I was able to restore my apps from the backup I had made with Astro.

I must say so far (6 hours later) I am very happy with the upgrade.
Everything seems to be working: wifi, bluetooth, exchange sync with the stock app, all of my third party apps seem to be running fine too. GPS lock is almost instant and the battery seems to be about the same as in 2.1.

Flash works wonderfully in both the stock browser and Dolphin Mini (my default browser). Browser speed has improved greatly also.

I would say, if you are like me, undecided about upgrading from 2.1 I would say go for it.... so far I am very happy with it.

Thanks for all the help I have received in this forum. Peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroidXcon

vjoaquin

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok... Found out that the Tapatalk Pro widget doesn't work, and the program itself no longer opens to favorites when I open it (even though that is what it is set to do. Grrr. :)

ajjohn25

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
how do you get the update zip to the sd card?? sorry im new but have been reading this forum all day and really want to bring my fascinate to life

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
how do you get the update zip to the sd card?? sorry im new but have been reading this forum all day and really want to bring my fascinate to life

you dont need it , you can skip that step,,,but if you want to do it.

plug in your phone , slide down the notification bar, hit USB connected, hit mount,

go to the computer , go to the start button hit it, then select computer, then find the drive that is the sd card, open it , drag and drop the file onto the card

vjoaquin

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Oops! It works now... It's amazing what rebooting a few times after flashing will do. Sorry!

Thanks, Droid!

Any news on how to remove excess homescreens?

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

On your phone, hit the menu soft (capacitive) key which is in the lower left corner of your phone. From the menu that pops up go =>settings=>applications=>development and make sure there is a check mark after usb debugging. Also in the applications menu make sure there is a check mark after unknown sources. Plug you phone into your pc via the usb cable that came with your phone. After you phone connects to your pc, pull down the notification bar (the gray bar at the top of your screen) and click on usb connected. On the next screen that pops up, click on the gray bar that says connect usb storage, then on the gray bar that says OK. An auto play window will pop up on your pc, click on "open folder to view files." When you do, a directory will open up on your pc, and you sill see a bunch of file folders with names like clockworkmod, Android, media, etc. This is the base or root of the sd card on your phone and this is where you put the update.zip file. So now go to the first post in this thread, left click on the update.zip link and save the zip file to that directory.

LakerFam0824

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So I haven't been on as much as I would like but I did notice that EB01 has changed to EB16. So my question is, what if any are the advantages to flashing to the newer build?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12