[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this is a strange one. Upgraded to EB01, and SC2.4. No issues. The other day I upgraded to 2.6 and everything was great. I got a few FC's on Words with Friends so I rebooted into recovery and did a "Fix Permissions". Rebooted and everything seemed to be ok. That was a few hours ago. I didn't wipe data/cache going from 2.4 to 2.6 either.

I just noticed that I have no 3G data anymore. I tried restarting a few times but that hasn't done anything. Wifi works well, but no 3g. My wife has a Dinc and it has service so it's not a VZW issue as far as I can tell.

I can make phone calls...just no data when I'm not on Wifi. Any suggestions? Do I reflash 2.6? Wipe Dalvik?

Edit: I'm running CWR Red 2.5.1.x

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this is a strange one. Upgraded to EB01, and SC2.4. No issues. The other day I upgraded to 2.6 and everything was great. I got a few FC's on Words with Friends so I rebooted into recovery and did a "Fix Permissions". Rebooted and everything seemed to be ok. That was a few hours ago. I didn't wipe data/cache going from 2.4 to 2.6 either.

I just noticed that I have no 3G data anymore. I tried restarting a few times but that hasn't done anything. Wifi works well, but no 3g. My wife has a Dinc and it has service so it's not a VZW issue as far as I can tell.

I can make phone calls...just no data when I'm not on Wifi. Any suggestions? Do I reflash 2.6? Wipe Dalvik?

pull out the battery for 10 mins and try again

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

pull out the battery for 10 mins and try again

Did you use one of DroidXcon's ODIN packages to go from 2.4 to 2.6? If you just flashed the 2.6 ROM through cwm you should do a wipe of cache and dalvik cache. Adrynalyne's own advice in his thread said he suggested you do a dalvik-cache wipe at the very least when upgrading to superclean 2.5 or 2.6

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Did you use one of DroidXcon's ODIN packages to go from 2.4 to 2.6? If you just flashed the 2.6 ROM through cwm you should do a wipe of cache and dalvik cache. Adrynalyne's own advice in his thread said he suggested you do a dalvik-cache wipe at the very least when upgrading to superclean 2.5 or 2.6

I flashed EB16SC26x_DXC.tar.md5 from the first post. I didn't wipe because I was already on Froyo. The instructions said to wipe if I was coming from Eclair so I didn't wipe.

Should I wipe the Dalvik-cache then? Pulling the battery for 10 minutes didn't take care of the problem.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I flashed EB16SC26x_DXC.tar.md5 from the first post. I didn't wipe because I was already on Froyo. The instructions said to wipe if I was coming from Eclair so I didn't wipe.

Should I wipe the Dalvik-cache then? Pulling the battery for 10 minutes didn't take care of the problem.

Download THIS

flash it with odin, tell me if it works

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Download THIS

flash it with odin, tell me if it works

Ok, flashed via Odin...Flashes fine but still no 3g data.

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> modem.bin
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

edit: I didn't wipe dalvik. Should I?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, flashed via Odin...Flashes fine but still no 3g data.

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> modem.bin
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

edit: I didn't wipe dalvik. Should I?

Try pulling down the notification bar, turning off data (second icon from the right at the top of the screen), then turning it back on.

Reactions: Froalskiner#WN

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Also, to let you know, fix permissions is not working in recovery. Adrynalyne has included a maintenance pack in 2.6 and you have to run the fix permissions through terminal emulator.

Reactions: DJKnut

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Try pulling down the notification bar, turning off data (second icon from the right at the top of the screen), then turning it back on.

That did the trick. After I posted a few minutes ago I didn't notice the icon unchecked. On my power widget, it was already on so I assumed it was good.

As soon as I turned data on in the notification bar i was flooded with email alerts! Thanks so much!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That did the trick. After I posted a few minutes ago I didn't notice the icon unchecked. On my power widget, it was already on so I assumed it was good.

As soon as I turned data on in the notification bar i was flooded with email alerts! Thanks so much!

congrats,,, and good call landshark

Reactions: DJKnut

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Great. Glad it worked out for you. Sometimes we all get so wrapped up in the complexities we forget to check the basics.

congrats,,, and good call landshark

Just trying to earn my keep boss.

Reactions: DroidXcon

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to fall for that! I don't quite remember but I think with the stock phone if you turned on Wi-Fi, the 3G turned itself off and when you turned off Wi-Fi the 3G automatically came back on. I could be wrong but I don't remember having to click the icons before. Now I think you have to turn the other on and turn the other off manually. Again, I could be wrong.

apoc903

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So going back to what happened last night. When I did flash "CWMrecovery" even though it was the wrong one, shouldnt i have been able to fully boot up? Im wanting to reflash again and try CWMrecovery-ALL...but im kinda hesitant on getting the same results..plus im at work and dont feel like bricking my phone again at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad