[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Due to having many odd issues getting worse over time I wiped my phone by deleting:

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
Wipe Dalvik Cache

Format boot
Format system
Format data
Format dbdata
Format sdcard
Format sd-ext

I copied my SD Card contents to a backup directory on my PC prior to doing the above clean.

I then flashed RED CWM and loaded on SC2.8nv onto my SD card through my PCs card reader.

I flashed SC2.8nv and booted. I got the phone working at this point with no issues. I did not setup bluetooth however. (I forgot to)

I then flashed SC2.8 Voodoo and setup my apps by downloading them from the market again. I imported my contacts from the backup I made.

I did all of this to start over with clean data (or was hoping)

Running SC2.8nv in the past I always got bluetooth to work. Now when I go to these options I click to enable it but it never enables and there are no errors or FCs.

Is there anything I can flash or copy over to replace the bluetooth files in an attempt to get it working again?

My only other thought would be to start the entire process over going back to stock EA28 verizon bloated crapola and then move to SC2.8 again.

**EDIT**

I just used Root Explorer to go to /system/app and click on bluetooth to install it. No error it goes to run then says "Application not installed"

tried BluetoothOPP.apk, BluetoothServices.apk, and BluetoothTestMode.apk. All did the same thing

Go to Adrynalyne's superclean thread and locate the nuance.zip patch in the patches section. That is the fix for bluetooth.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-rom-superclean-2-8-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html

Reactions: standupdad

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Go to Adrynalyne's superclean thread and locate the nuance.zip patch in the patches section. That is the fix for bluetooth.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-rom-superclean-2-8-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html

I thought of that and applied it but it did not apply. I am doing it again now and if it don't take I think I can unzip it and apply it with the .apk moving it to /system/app and installing it right?

I am not sure this will fix it however. In my past adventures of trying different setups I had bluetooth working but the voice commands did not work. I applied Nuance and they were working again. I though this was just the software for the voice recognition?

Fandango#AC

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Fandango,

You don't need the Samsung drivers to mount the USB of your phone. You need it for using Odin.

I'm heading out the door, so can't give full steps for doing this, but for mounting your phone, pull down your notification bar and tap on the usb connection and MOUNT the phone. This will allow your PC to see the files in the root of the card. Then copy the SD card into the base or root directory of that card.

When done, unmount.

Also make sure that debugging is selected under the main phone settings > applications > development.

If you're still having issues after I get home, eat and get settled in, and someone else hasn't already picked up the baton, I'd be more than happy to continue dialog with helping you get flashed and updated to Super Clean 2.8.

SuD

Thanks I appreciate all your help and DroidXcon, and everybody else who helps new people

Reactions: DroidXcon

Fandango#AC

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
lol no whenever you ask a question it helps others that have that same question so everyone contributes whether you know it or not :)

Boy do I have tons of questions.....:D One is my computer says "Windows needs to install driver software for your samsung_android" below that it has 3 options:
1. locate and install driver software( recommended)
2. ask me again later
3. Dont show this message again for this device
When I plug my phone into the computer. Ive even deleted the samsung driver file and it still pops up. I hit mount and debugging is checked.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Boy do I have tons of questions.....:D One is my computer says "Windows needs to install driver software for your samsung_android" below that it has 3 options:
1. locate and install driver software( recommended)
2. ask me again later
3. Dont show this message again for this device
When I plug my phone into the computer. Ive even deleted the samsung driver file and it still pops up. I hit mount and debugging is checked.

Fandango, please watch this video, its for the moment but drivers are drivers... please see if any of the steps he takes resolves your issue
http://forum.androidcentral.com/sam...l-samsung-usb-drivers-windows-7-flawless.html

if it helps i may include the video somewhere in the tutorial

mm247

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
HELP! Starting the process in the OP and Odin is showing two IC Com's in the left corner boxes, 0:com5 and 1:com3. What should I do? The picture in post 3 is only showing one com in yellow.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
HELP! Starting the process in the OP and Odin is showing two IC Com's in the left corner boxes, 0:com5 and 1:com3. What should I do? The picture in post 3 is only showing one com in yellow.

do you have anything else plugged into your computer, maybe a ipod, printer, external hard drive?

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought this would be a more relevant topic to put this in, rather than filling up Adrynalyne's thread with my nagging questions. Lol. But I was going to tinker around with 2.8 SC with the DL09 modem. Question..Does anyone have a link to said modem? Also, haven't had much practice installing rom modem kernel separate...and I can't remember how to flash it exactly. Would I need to reflash everything? Or can I just flash the modem on top of my eb01 modem? THanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thought this would be a more relevant topic to put this in, rather than filling up Adrynalyne's thread with my nagging questions. Lol. But I was going to tinker around with 2.8 SC with the DL09 modem. Question..Does anyone have a link to said modem? Also, haven't had much practice installing rom modem kernel separate...and I can't remember how to flash it exactly. Would I need to reflash everything? Or can I just flash the modem on top of my eb01 modem? THanks.

Said modem --->HERE

just flash it in PDA of odin,,, it will not wipe anything just the modem ,, follow steps in post number 3 of this thread , just use this file in the PDA section

Edit, i accidently put in EB01,,,changed it to DL09

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Due to having many odd issues getting worse over time I wiped my phone by deleting:

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
Wipe Dalvik Cache

Format boot
Format system
Format data
Format dbdata
Format sdcard
Format sd-ext

I copied my SD Card contents to a backup directory on my PC prior to doing the above clean.

I then flashed RED CWM and loaded on SC2.8nv onto my SD card through my PCs card reader.

I flashed SC2.8nv and booted. I got the phone working at this point with no issues. I did not setup bluetooth however. (I forgot to)

I then flashed SC2.8 Voodoo and setup my apps by downloading them from the market again. I imported my contacts from the backup I made.

I did all of this to start over with clean data (or was hoping)

Running SC2.8nv in the past I always got bluetooth to work. Now when I go to these options I click to enable it but it never enables and there are no errors or FCs.

Is there anything I can flash or copy over to replace the bluetooth files in an attempt to get it working again?

My only other thought would be to start the entire process over going back to stock EA28 verizon bloated crapola and then move to SC2.8 again.

**EDIT**

I just used Root Explorer to go to /system/app and click on bluetooth to install it. No error it goes to run then says "Application not installed"

tried BluetoothOPP.apk, BluetoothServices.apk, and BluetoothTestMode.apk. All did the same thing

Make sure you aren't installing those accursed eb16 drivers I posted recently. They break bluetooth in the same manner you describe.

Reactions: Landshark

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, I've tried to look it up a little bit, but I haven't ever really seen or heard...what exactly IS a modem when it comes to cell phones? In layman's terms, what function does a modem provide?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463