[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

mengineer

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I recently picked up a Blueant Q1 so I could hear the GPS through the BT. I was just having a ton of issues with voice recognition with Vlingo. I then installed Nuance to see if that would help but it did not. Maybe I will wipe and start with a clean 2.9. When I flashed 2.8 over the deodexed rom, I had some aps that I did not go away that I thought would. Maybe the rom did not load correctly. I have wiped too many times as of late ...
When I first got the Icon I flashed nuance and tried it, it was ok, then i decided to go back to vlingo with nuance installed as well and it caused nothing but problems with vlingo for me it, kind of like it was over powering vlingo. Needless to say when I flashed 2.9 I left nuance out, stuck with vlingo, that's where I'm at now and couldn't be better. Also on a side note though I was running the original EB16 kernel that was posted before 2.8 came out instead of the modified one, and once I flashed 2.9 I flashed the same kernel on top of 2.9 because it's been treating me very well.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure that I understand the entire situation here, but the power button is now designed to take pictures when the camera is open. That is part of the hack that is in the camera module for Super Clean.

Is that what you're talking about?

SuD

sometimes when im finished using the phone i lock it before i put it down but when i press the power button to lock, it makes the camera sound and the phone doesnt lock and if i hit the lock button again it does nothing nada like its frozen but the volume button works, then after a minute or two the power button is working fine. ????

oh and its my wifes phone shes running the stock eb01 froyo from droidxcon's thread

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
sometimes when im finished using the phone i lock it before i put it down but when i press the power button to lock, it makes the camera sound and the phone doesnt lock and if i hit the lock button again it does nothing nada like its frozen but the volume button works, then after a minute or two the power button is working fine. ????

oh and its my wifes phone shes running the stock eb01 froyo from droidxcon's thread

thats a froyo glitch, remember this is a leaked version not everything is refined,,,,, i usually just tap the back button , then hit the power button and it locks

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Got the patch for VCast Videos from Adrynalyne.... happy happy...lol. It's a zip file. Do I place it directly onto my SD card or do I use ODIN? Also, going to load up SC2.9x. Thanks Dave

Saint316

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I just went through the whole process/steps and when I turned my phone back on, it's stuck on the Samsung screen. It's been like this for 10 minutes. Not sure what to do. I'm scared to do anything lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I just went through the whole process/steps and when I turned my phone back on, it's stuck on the Samsung screen. It's been like this for 10 minutes. Not sure what to do. I'm scared to do anything lol

did you make sure you put the file in the PDA section?

which file did you flash?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, and EB16SC29x_DXC.tar, coming from stock.

Thank you, btw, for the quick response :)

You cant go from stock to froyo without wiping data and cache.

the file that you used was a file that does not wipe data it is meant for people who already have froyo. the "x" in the file represents that it does not wipe

Please download and flash EB16SC29_DXC.tar....

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So I'm sure this question has been asked in this thread a million times, but it's 300+ pages now, and I've skimmed as much as I could.

I'm still on DI01. I rooted, flashed Superclean, and CWM what seems like forever ago. Probably November of last year after I got my phone.

So, can anyone give me a quick rundown of which file I should use, and what basic steps I can take to keep from losing everything like I did last time when I jumped the gun and didn't know ANYTHING about this stuff.

I've got a basic understanding, I just want to make 100% sure I'm right so I can make this as painless as possible.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm sure this question has been asked in this thread a million times, but it's 300+ pages now, and I've skimmed as much as I could.

I'm still on DI01. I rooted, flashed Superclean, and CWM what seems like forever ago. Probably November of last year after I got my phone.

So, can anyone give me a quick rundown of which file I should use, and what basic steps I can take to keep from losing everything like I did last time when I jumped the gun and didn't know ANYTHING about this stuff.

I've got a basic understanding, I just want to make 100% sure I'm right so I can make this as painless as possible.

you will need this file EB16SC29_DXC.tar ,,, you cant go from eclair to Froyo without wiping data and cache or else your phone will go nuts

you should do a titanium backup and backup your contacts to your SD card

fatkidkustomz

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
you will need this file EB16SC29_DXC.tar ,,, you cant go from eclair to Froyo without wiping data and cache or else your phone will go nuts

you should do a titanium backup and backup your contacts to your SD card

Ok thanks. So, these are the steps I'm going to do. Sound right?

Download file (done)
Titanium Backup apps & data (done)
Backup contacts to SD (being done now)
Flash file with Odin
Enjoy?

I've just got a lot of stuff on here I don't want to lose... like others, my phone is my lifeline. Sad, but true.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks. So, these are the steps I'm going to do. Sound right?

Download file (done)
Titanium Backup apps & data (done)
Backup contacts to SD (being done now)
Flash file with Odin
Enjoy?

I've just got a lot of stuff on here I don't want to lose... like others, my phone is my lifeline. Sad, but true.

sounds good to me

Reactions: fatkidkustomz

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Got the patch for VCast Videos from Adrynalyne.... happy happy...lol. It's a zip file. Do I place it directly onto my SD card or do I use ODIN? Also, going to load up SC2.9x. Thanks Dave

If Adrynalyne gave you a zip, you use it with recovery.

Do you have update.zip from the Original Post placed on the root of your SD card? If so, continue. If not, make sure that you place the zip file, as is, on your SD card. Not in any directory. Just right there in the root, which should be the main screen you see when you see all of the other directories on your sd card.

Long press your power button and select Recovery.
When it comes up, the text will be blue. Use the volume down button to highlight the words "apply sdcard:update.zip". Then press the home icon, aka home capacitive button.

You should now see red lettering

Use the down arrow to highlight "install zip from sd card" and then short press the power (on/off) button.
Use the down volume button to highlight "choose zip from sd card"and then short press the power button.
Use the down arrow to highlight the zip file and then short press the power button.
Use the down arrow to select "YES".

You should now see a message in white that says complete, and have been brought back to the previous directory. Tap the Menu or Back button to make sure that you're at the main menu for Red Recovery, make sure that Reboot System is highlighted, and then short press the power button and your phone should reboot.

SuD

Last edited:

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
question: will Samsung Fascinate support 4G or does it have hardware limitations that will prevent that. Thanks

Questions like that are best answered by Verizon reps, but since I believe you need a new radio, which means new hardware, current implementation of the Fascinate is 3g. I believe that I just read about new 4G versions being created by Samsung though

Reactions: bobkatgifts

bobkatgifts

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
checking on update to 2.9

I updated my Fascinate from 2.8 to 2.9 using Odin and EB16SC29x. All went quickly with no problems. My firmware version on the phone still says 2.2.1 and the Kernel version says 2.6.32.9 - is this correct? Thanks

k rock

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Fascinate from 2.8 to 2.9 using Odin and EB16SC29x. All went quickly with no problems. My firmware version on the phone still says 2.2.1 and the Kernel version says 2.6.32.9 - is this correct? Thanks

Yes, that's correct.

You'll see 2.9 when you pull down the Notification bar or it'll be 2.9.1 depending on if you did the patch.

Reactions: bobkatgifts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox