[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
when i try to launch odin on my pc it keeps telling me to choose a program i want to use to open the file what do i do

Long of the short, your exe extension association is broken. I've had to fix this for a few people in the past, but since I don't have your system, and you don't know me from Adam, I would use Google to find a solution you feel comfortable with.

This can happen if you have a virus/malware/spyware, or if you've recently had something removed where it made changes to your registry but the registry was never reverted. And because there may be a different solution for XP, Vista and Windows 7, consider doing a google search for your specific system and the issue. I did a search and found the following

Very likely that Vista and Win 7 have a solution that are the same steps, but long of the short, you'll have to make a modification to your registry or you might be able to download someone's registry fix and install it to your system. Regardless of what you choose for your registry fix, make sure that you scan the heck our of your system with Malwarebytes and your favorite virus scanner. Malwarebytes is my favorite anti-malware/spyware/crapware remover.

SuD

Reactions: floater#AC

floater#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Long of the short, your exe extension association is broken. I've had to fix this for a few people in the past, but since I don't have your system, and you don't know me from Adam, I would use Google to find a solution you feel comfortable with.

This can happen if you have a virus/malware/spyware, or if you've recently had something removed where it made changes to your registry but the registry was never reverted. And because there may be a different solution for XP, Vista and Windows 7, consider doing a google search for your specific system and the issue. I did a search and found the following

Very likely that Vista and Win 7 have a solution that are the same steps, but long of the short, you'll have to make a modification to your registry or you might be able to download someone's registry fix and install it to your system. Regardless of what you choose for your registry fix, make sure that you scan the heck our of your system with Malwarebytes and your favorite virus scanner. Malwarebytes is my favorite anti-malware/spyware/crapware remover.

SuD

ok thanks ill try it out

tmar89

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I followed instructions in the first post and installed SC 2.9 just fine. When I go into Recovery mode I get 4 options:
reboot
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data
wipe cache

Am I supposed to run apply sdcard:update.zip?

Also, how do I do a battery stats wipe?

floater#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I followed instructions in the first post and installed SC 2.9 just fine. When I go into Recovery mode I get 4 options:
reboot
wipe data
wipe cache

the update zip is just cwm you dont need to use it unless you are flashing something but the battery stats wipe is in this link http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...oms-hacks/58334-how-improve-battery-life.html

tmar89

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
the update zip is just cwm you dont need to use it unless you are flashing something but the battery stats wipe is in this link http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...oms-hacks/58334-how-improve-battery-life.html
So when I am in recovery, I get the blue text. I apply update.zip to run CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x from the first post. Now I have a red text screen.

I now have install zip from sdcard
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced
voodoo

And at the bottom I get:
E: Missing bitmap progress_empty (Code -1)
E: Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code -1)
CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x

But when I highlight Advanced and click the home button, the screen goes black and the softpress buttons stay lit. I have to press the search button to get back to that screen. Also any other menu item I choose just turns the screen black. I have to reboot by pulling the battery. What I am missing here?

floater#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So when I am in recovery, I get the blue text. I apply update.zip to run CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x from the first post. Now I have a red text screen.

I now have install zip from sdcard
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced
voodoo

And at the bottom I get:
E: Missing bitmap progress_empty (Code -1)
E: Missing bitmap progress_fill (Code -1)
CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v.2.5.1.x

But when I highlight Advanced and click the home button, the screen goes black and the softpress buttons stay lit. I have to press the search button to get back to that screen. Also any other menu item I choose just turns the screen black. I have to reboot by pulling the battery. What I am missing here?

once it goes into the red texts use the lock(right side)button on your phone to select instead of the home button once you are finished you push the menu button to go back till you see reboot now

tmar89

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason why I cannot get Google Voice to work as my voicemail service with SC 2.9? It worked fine with Stock 2.1. I get to the screen where it tells me to dial *7(my google voice number) then click Configure and when I click Configure, the phone vibrates then the Google Voice app needs to be forceably closed. But it comes back to access settings and just hangs.

EDIT: Turns out I had to update Google Voice app through the Marketplace first then it worked.

Last edited:

whatsupg66

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Super Clean version 2.6 EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod

I have a problem with the rom im running on my fascinate evrytime my phone sleep's, I push the power button to unlock the screen but nothing happens the screen stays black and i have to pull the battery . The rom im running is in the title and i used ordin to load rom """""SOMEONE PLEASE HELP"""" :'(
Email Me Please ( guillorygary@gmail.com ) Thanks

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem with the rom im running on my fascinate evrytime my phone sleep's, I push the power button to unlock the screen but nothing happens the screen stays black and i have to pull the battery . The rom im running is in the title and i used ordin to load rom """""SOMEONE PLEASE HELP"""" :'(
Email Me Please ( guillorygary@gmail.com ) Thanks

What were you running before you upgraded? Were you on Eclair 2.1? Were you already running Super Clean version? I don't see that you stated that you used Odin to flash your rom, but if you did use Odin, what version did you upgrade to? EB16SC29x_DXC.tar , the version with the little x after the 29, or EB16SC29_DXC.tar , the version without the little x after the 29?

SuD

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
reboot
wipe data
wipe cache

If you are already on sc 2.9 flash this file MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service in ODIN and you will boot directly to the correct red recovery (cwm) without having to bother with update.zip

cl36

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i guess there isn't an option to turn off sound on the samsung keyboard. i didn't know because i never use it. you can turn it off on the swype and android keyboards though.

Shifty_P

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I use the adroid keyboard, and I was mistakenly looking under the settings for the samsung keyboard. I did find the setting though. thanks for the help :)

BTW, I love Super Clean 2.9!