[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

WFScooter

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I went from Stock 2.1 with latest OTA update to SC 2.9 (not X) and I am having the same problem the guy above is having... random black screen, lit up soft keys, then honeycomb animation/restart. I have flashed it twice so far. Anything I need to do differently? Thanks for all your help!

I was having a similar problem, I saw someone mentioned Beautiful Widgets causing problems, so I uninstalled it to be sure, and my blank screens when pressing Home, and random force closes seem to have gone away, knock on wood. If you aren't using BW then sorry, I wish you luck tracking it down. I have noticed quite a few widget compatibility issues, so I'd keep widgets to a minimum til SC 3.3 or so... :p

djp952

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I went from Stock 2.1 with latest OTA update to SC 2.9 (not X) and I am having the same problem the guy above is having... random black screen, lit up soft keys, then honeycomb animation/restart. I have flashed it twice so far. Anything I need to do differently? Thanks for all your help!

I was having a similar problem, I saw someone mentioned Beautiful Widgets causing problems, so I uninstalled it to be sure, and my blank screens when pressing Home, and random force closes seem to have gone away, knock on wood. If you aren't using BW then sorry, I wish you luck tracking it down. I have noticed quite a few widget compatibility issues, so I'd keep widgets to a minimum til SC 3.3 or so... :p

Have you guys flashed Adrynalyne's 2.9.1 update? The primary culprit of the "random reboot" was tracked down to changes made in the AOSP and Rotary lockscreens to show media controls on them. Are you using one of those lockscreens? (I was, and the reboots were brutal - LOL)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-superclean-2-9-1-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html

Reactions: mxpxrobbie

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Allsack

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Winrar Shows Trojan

ok I am following the steps to download Froyo, and in the instructions I need to download winrar. I go to the CNET download page (link in post) and my AVG is telling me there are 2 trojans in the download.

If I vault the Trojans, Winrar wont complete. Is this a known problem, or is there really a Trojan in the file.

I didn't want to allow---any suggestions?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok I am following the steps to download Froyo, and in the instructions I need to download winrar. I go to the CNET download page (link in post) and my AVG is telling me there are 2 trojans in the download.

If I vault the Trojans, Winrar wont complete. Is this a known problem, or is there really a Trojan in the file.

Your downloading from the rom thread? i thought those were all in mediafire and not on cnet...

I am talking about this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...t-animations-combined-resource-3-22-11-a.html

If you are going for a "raw" Froyo, Fascinate for Verizon doesnt have one yet...

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Well, first off you should have just posted this question in DroidXcon's thread for this method rather than starting a whole new thread. Second, that's basically what rooting does, installs a trojan that gives you more access to your phone. No one on here is going to put anything on your phone that is going to damage it. Situations like this are why DroidXcon's instructions in the trouble shooting portion of his thread suggest you turn off your anti-virus software while you are running through his method.

Allsack

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes from this

[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/10

All were from mediafire except the download to winrar-took me to cnet downloads

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Land,

Sorry for the new thread,

Still learning

Now that you are here in DroidXcon's thread (Ooooh, Ragnarokx, thanks I'm going to count this as 3 for 3 in my new game) Just follow the steps exactly as they are laid out. I can't even count how many people have used this method with no problems as long as they follow each step exactly. Take your time to read each step and you will be done in less than half an hour with no problems.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think he is refering to winrar from cnet in post two of this thread. I'm surprised that cnet would have malware
Now that you are here in DroidXcon's thread (Ooooh, Ragnarokx, thanks I'm going to count this as 3 for 3 in my new game) Just follow the steps exactly as they are laid out. I can't even count how many people have used this method with no problems as long as they follow each step exactly. Take your time to read each step and you will be done in less than half an hour with no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

rbellis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
just reflash 2.9,,, and dont flash 29x

Sorry it has taken so long to update you on my issue. I have wiped the SD card. And did a full factory reset.I then loaded the DI01.tar. The I loaded the DL09.tar. I loaded the 2.9 (not the 29X) and all my apps were downloading on there own from the market. The phone is still force closing. The keys at the bottom light up but the screen is black. After about 15sec or so the boot screen (purple honeycomb boot) comes up and phone is ok. I also get these dumpstate files on the SD card

I have already requested a 2nd replacement phone but if I can get this one to work I will be more than happy

mxpxrobbie

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys flashed Adrynalyne's 2.9.1 update? The primary culprit of the "random reboot" was tracked down to changes made in the AOSP and Rotary lockscreens to show media controls on them. Are you using one of those lockscreens? (I was, and the reboots were brutal - LOL)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-superclean-2-9-1-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html

Yeah, I found it yesterday, no problems at all since then. I'm getting decent battery life as well. Thanks!

MrGr8

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Browser crash and Launcher restarting issues?

Is anyone having issues with the browser crashing and then the launcher restarting? This has happened to me a quite a few times. Im not getting an error message, force close or anything.

cvallarino

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Getting occasional SOD after moving to SC2.9 with clockworkmod and malware (not wiped

Went from Eclair to SC2.6 last Thursday. Had SOD every 10 mins. So went to SC2.9on Saturday. Everything went smoothly and all was well for 2 days. Then the black SOD starting occurring with growing frequency. It happened all the time back on SC2.6, but when I moved to SC2.9 it stopped. Seems to occur most right after I remove from charger. Any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34