Will I have any problems upgrading to Froyo using a netbook?

GalaxyNole

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I want to upgrade to Froyo but all I have access to is a netbook. I think I remember reading that Odin doesn't play well with laptops and obviously I don't wanna screw up my phone so any info would be appreciated.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to upgrade to Froyo but all I have access to is a netbook. I think I remember reading that Odin doesn't play well with laptops and obviously I don't wanna screw up my phone so any info would be appreciated.

as long as its windows you will be fine. i only use my laptop for this stuff.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

yeah i wouldnt take the chance, just wait till you are infront of a computer

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
works great for me dan. i havent heard anything about things not playing well with laptops.

i have, many many many times,,, its because laptops adjust their power consumption so the load voltage changes, and odin is sensative about its connection...it may not happen with all laptops but i would trust a netbook much less

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i have, many many many times,,, its because laptops adjust their power consumption so the load voltage changes, and odin is sensative about its connection...it may not happen with all laptops but i would trust a netbook much less

ah, got ya. i have my power settings set to high performance. i also usually keep it plugged in. but what you say makes since.

Reactions: GalaxyNole

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I've also never heard of this issue with odin and laptops... I've used my laptop to flash modems several times already, and have had no issues. this was while the laptop was on the charger and at least once just on the battery...

even if something went wrong with the netbook, couldn't you just reflash again in odin on a desktop later?

GalaxyNole

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses but I'm still not sure if I should trust my netbook. If the netbook did screw it up could I just do a nandroid backup to get back to what I have now?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've also never heard of this issue with odin and laptops... I've used my laptop to flash modems several times already, and have had no issues. this was while the laptop was on the charger and at least once just on the battery...

even if something went wrong with the netbook, couldn't you just reflash again in odin on a desktop later?

modem flashes take less than 7 seconds, a full flash could take several minutes, and within minutes a connection can get interupted , if odin gets pulled in the middle of flashing recovery it may cause problems,it happens, not often but i would rather be safe than sorry

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney