Battery Life EB01

jrs1035

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
So I'm running EB01 with SC 2.1. Prior to this I had DL30 and didn't notice any of the battery problems other members experienced. I just charged my battery to 100% this morning and 5 hours later I'm down to 67%. Is anyone else experiencing awful battery life with EB01?

I tried wiping my battery stats, closing all widgets on other launchers (I use LPP). And I can't find the battery life how-to thread, can someone link me?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I had great battery life before froyo and it's sucked ever starting with DL30 and now EB01. VERY disappointed.

Trying to go back to DL09 and do a fresh install of EB01 since I went from DL30 to EB01.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
French, droidxcon can show you where to find the dl01 package all using odin..more clean wipe then you can dl the eb01, the same way. Worked great for me! I believe he has his own thread w details, someone can help u find it I'm sure

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
that's strange, I had pretty crappy battery life on DL30, but with EB01 I'm back to normal now. what do you have installed and what does your battery usage say? settings=>about phone=>Battery Use

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
French, droidxcon can show you where to find the dl01 package all using odin..more clean wipe then you can dl the eb01, the same way. Worked great for me! I believe he has his own thread w details, someone can help u find it I'm sure

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

thank you...believe it or not, my original install started with stock DI01. I'm doing some incremental updating...I'm on DL09 right now...stock...and keeping an eye on battery use. Next up...EB01...stock...and keeping an eye on battery use. Thankfully i have a full backup I can restore when I'm ready.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For those of you with battery issues, there are three different methods of improving battery life that people are reporting having some success with. The first two are in posts #1 and 12 in this thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/58334-how-battery.html

I didn't have any success with those, but this third method has worked for me:

Follow the battery life thread instructions about charging to 100%, power off and keep it charging til it hits 100% again, turn it back on, charge back to 100%.

Then power off, reset battery stats, and run your battery down to 5-7% off that single charge. Plug back in, and charge back to 100% (preferably with the phone off, like overnight).

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
+1 to that third method, that's how i've been doing it.
I had not so great battery life since DL30, but i flashed SC2.1vd last night and so far this is the best battery life i've had since i was on DL09. I've been keeping an eye on my running services and only keeping the necessary apps running... that drastically improved my batt life.

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed EB01 yesterday morning and this morning is the first time I have put my phone down for more than 30 minutes. I have fallen 9% in 3 hours Which is close to DL28. I used to go 10 hour days with little use and would have 75% left.

Here is the odd thing: my number one user is the WIFI. I never even used to see it on the list. Cell standby and display were always on top. Did the phone change the list of items for battery use or is the WIFI suddenly using much more power?

Any ideas why the high WIFI battery use?

My phone is de-Verizoned and has minimal apps running. (same as DL28)

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is the odd thing: my number one user is the WIFI. I never even used to see it on the list. Cell standby and display were always on top. Did the phone change the list of items for battery use or is the WIFI suddenly using much more power?

Any ideas why the high WIFI battery use?

I'm seeing the same thing, but it's been better with EB01. I noticed that the phone doesn't automatically turn off wifi anymore when the screen is off. with eclair, everytime I'd turn the screen back on, it would shift from 3G to wifi. now, not so much, always on wifi if it's in range of something.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing, but it's been better with EB01. I noticed that the phone doesn't automatically turn off wifi anymore when the screen is off. with eclair, everytime I'd turn the screen back on, it would shift from 3G to wifi. now, not so much, always on wifi if it's in range of something.

you should be able to change the sleep options under the wifi settings.

Reactions: jrs1035

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm extremely disappointed in froyo on the Fascinate. Wait...that's not entirely true...I love froyo...I HATE the battery life. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it and it's just lousy compared to DL09. I could go all day with DL09. I'm sitting at THREE hours and I'm at 57%. I did stream some stuff via bluetooth...but no more than 30 minutes. I would say my use has been light to possibly medium.

I've tried going all the way back to stock and installing again...still an issue. I even kept it on DL09 a bit yesterday to make sure I wasn't imagining it. I lose 2% in an hour. With froyo I'm losing anywhere from 8 - 15% in an hour.

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was having problems with battery life when I first installed too but I was able to fix that by doing the following:

Charge the battery to full.
Turn the phone off while still plugged in.
Unplug and restart the phone into CWM.
Go to advanced and wipe battery status.
Reboot and do not plug your phone into USB or any other source of power until the phone dies from low battery. You want the battery to the point that the phone will not even boot.
Now charge the phone over night.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
+1 to that third method, that's how i've been doing it.
I had not so great battery life since DL30, but i flashed SC2.1vd last night and so far this is the best battery life i've had since i was on DL09. I've been keeping an eye on my running services and only keeping the necessary apps running... that drastically improved my batt life.

On the voodoo thread at XDA they are saying this won't do anything for battery or power management. BUT...I'm so frustrated I may try it anyway.

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I forgot about that! The wifi used to turn off as soon as the screen went to sleep. Now I have it set to never turn off. I figured it would be better for my data use to stay on wifi when I am at home but it seems that the wifi enabled and idle is using more battery than using the tower for the occasional widget update. I will give it a try with the wifi turning off with the screen sleeping.

Thanks.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I forgot about that! The wifi used to turn off as soon as the screen went to sleep. Now I have it set to never turn off. I figured it would be better for my data use to stay on wifi when I am at home but it seems that the wifi enabled and idle is using more battery than using the tower for the occasional widget update. I will give it a try with the wifi turning off with the screen sleeping.

Thanks.

I wondered if this would have an impact but what happens if you have some type of OTA sync that works at night (such as a Slacker station cache refresh)...with the screen off does that mean the sync would occur over 3G rather than wifi?

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I wondered if this would have an impact but what happens if you have some type of OTA sync that works at night (such as a Slacker station cache refresh)...with the screen off does that mean the sync would occur over 3G rather than wifi?

I would guess it would. that is why I chose to let the wifi run when the screen is asleep. I figured this would be better for the data speed and reduce 3g data.

I changed my Fascinate's wifi setting to never sleep when plugged in. I am guessing that this will allow it to sleep when I travel and have no wifi signal but when I am at home sleeping and the phone is on the charger, the wifi should stay enabled because battery use doesn't matter while charging.

Sounds like the best option to me.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The biggest use on my phone is the screen. Before froyo, it was the cell standby or what not, but now my battery use is 77% screen.

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Also check your GPS status from the pull down notification shade. On my phone if it's enabled EB01 will not allow the phone to sleep. With it disabled i get a normal sleep as soon as i turn the screen off and this simple change has made a huge difference in battery life.