Cyanogenmod 7 Gingerbread on XDA

clifto

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I flashed it. Very neat stuff. Just seeing the 2.3.2 on my phone makes me giddy!! I love the animation for the sleep button

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I had a short affair with it. Force closes out the wazzoo, wiping data didn't do jack, restored nandroid backup, still got force closes from hell, odin'd back to EB01, restored nandroid, more force closes from hell. Guess I'll just start fresh and restore from MyBackupPro and see what happens.

Reactions: EdwardsNH

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had a short affair with it. Force closes out the wazzoo, wiping data didn't do jack, restored nandroid backup, still got force closes from hell, odin'd back to EB01, restored nandroid, more force closes from hell. Guess I'll just start fresh and restore from MyBackupPro and see what happens.

well its alpha, its not suppose to work

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I could never get into it from my nandroid. It just kept force closing everything until it locked up. Tried wiping data and it still fc'd so I odin'd back to EB01 again. Baseband is S:i500.04 V.EB01 and build number: SCH-I500.EB01.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I could never get into it from my nandroid. It just kept force closing everything until it locked up. Tried wiping data and it still fc'd so I odin'd back to EB01 again. Baseband is S:i500.04 V.EB01 and build number: SCH-I500.EB01.

did you wipe cache partition
and have you tried it now that you have flashed EB01?

You needed to have a voodoo kernel in order to use that rom thats why it went nutty

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i havent flashed anything all day. im the only schmuck that didnt have good since to call in at work today. im to tired to flash anything now. maybe in the morning.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
my process was:
- install JT's eb01 voodoo kernel that he had on xda
- wipe everything 2 or 3 times, flashed gingerbread
- got force closes on browser and messaging
- did the standard uninstall procedure for voodoo
- restored eb01 nandroid, lots of force closes
- wiped data, cache, etc but weird thing is that it didn't actually remove anything and still got force closes
- odin back to EB01 using all in one .tar and that booted fine
- restored eb01 nandroid again, lots of force closes.

EdwardsNH

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
well its alpha, its not suppose to work

Yeah, but I still am curious to hear what issues are plaguing it before I play with it. I am very grateful to those who try this stuff and "complain"

I will suffer a partially working phone, but there are certain tolerances I must stick to if I want to leave the house with it.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
my process was:
- install JT's eb01 voodoo kernel that he had on xda
- wipe everything 2 or 3 times, flashed gingerbread
- got force closes on browser and messaging
- did the standard uninstall procedure for voodoo
- restored eb01 nandroid, lots of force closes
- wiped data, cache, etc but weird thing is that it didn't actually remove anything and still got force closes
- odin back to EB01 using all in one .tar and that booted fine
- restored eb01 nandroid again, lots of force closes.

I would Odin Adrynalyne's old DI01 package, then Odin EB01 radio, then Odin a recent Clockwork. Then restore your nandroid, then flash appropriate EB01 kernel.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm just restoring apps and data from a backup I did in MyBackup Pro on a fresh EB01 odin. If that doesn't work, I'll go the DI01 route

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i havent flashed anything all day. im the only schmuck that didnt have good since to call in at work today. im to tired to flash anything now. maybe in the morning.

Too tired to flash anyting right now? Did hell just freeze over? You must be really tired.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, I just know adrynalyne's package is a nuclear bomb, often easier to start with a clean slate than troubleshoot via internet forums.

well i agree with what you said about DI01, but after that cant they just odin over to EB01 superclean or you think they need to nandroid first before changing the kernel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad