[Experimental] Battery-Mod-Automator [Updated]

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm out of luck? If the theme doesn't have charging percentage, I won't be able to get it? And thanks for the answer, Chris.

You could give this thing a try, but make sure you make a backup before you do. It should work fine if the theme's framework was properly assembled, and if your theme doesn't have an accurate battery mod, maybe it's not too hacked together.

In the mean time, I'll check out your theme and see if the framework will manually decompile cleanly.

Edit:

Just checked out the framework-res.apk from your theme, and I'm sorry to tell you, it won't decompile and recompile cleanly so you're kinda out of luck.

I'm not sure why pretty much all themes are broken like this - there's usually a few dozen images that are incorrectly added as 9 patch files even though they don't contain any 9 patch information (which is just sloppy work), and there's a bunch of undefined resources which I assume result from the theme author manually adding in resource ID's as opposed to using the proper tools (apktool) which generates proper ID's automatically.

Last edited:

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Chris. Thanks for the effort. I appreciate the research and response you just provided. I hope you have a great evening, and I'll just keep an eye out for alternate solutions.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Chris. Thanks for the effort. I appreciate the research and response you just provided.

No problem. I looked at the battery icons from your theme's framework, and it looks like it does have 100 individual images for the battery, but the there are only 10 or so different images. For example, there's 10 separate images from 90% to 100%, but they're all the same image just named ***90.png, ***91.png, ***92.png, etc. Same with 80%, 70%, 60% and so on - each has the same image... saved 10 times.

Anyway, what that means is that you should be able to simply replace those images with 100 individual and unique images, which I've done. Since we're not adding in any new images, there shouldn't be a problem with resource ID's.

So, give this a try. Make sure you have a CWM backup in case this doesn't work, and then flash this with Clockwork. It's your theme's framework with just my icons added, and it's only the discharging icons. There wasn't 100 images defied for charging, so I couldn't do anything with them. Hopefully this will be better than nothing...

temp_framework.zip

Hopefully it'll work, but if it doesn't, just restore your backup.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to get to this tomorrow. Thanks again, man!

EDIT: I just re-read everything, and I have 1% increments of usage battery, but not of charging, but it was said that I could do anything about the charging part (which is the only part I'm concerned with), so I won't be able to do anything about my situation. Thanks again for the help, man.

Last edited:

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, it should work on any stock, unthemed Froyo rom, but ALWAYS have a backup in case it doesn't work. If you've themed your rom, it's not going to work at all. Something in the way themes are put together mess things up when you subsequently try to decompile and then recompile them again. That rules out Com Rom, since it's pre-themed. But if you're on a stock themed rom, it should work. Again, do a backup, do a backup... and then do a backup.

grm3

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
This worked on the ED05 update as well, however I had to restore the original framework in order for the Verizon OTA update to install successfully.

grm3

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't seem to work for the new EH03 OTA update. Is there anything available to get the accurate battery for stock EH03? It hard going back to the normal battery meter after always knowing the exact % remaining.

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't seem to work for the new EH03 OTA update. Is there anything available to get the accurate battery for stock EH03? It hard going back to the normal battery meter after always knowing the exact % remaining.

if you are on stock i dont think you can mod the battery meter. you need to get a diff rom for you to be able to use a mod battery meter

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm