Google Voice Search not searching Contacts

comstriker

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally popping my post cherry ;)

So I have never been able to use google voice search to search my contacts, for example "Call Jake Smith". It either searches the web for "call jake smith", or tries to call some random business.

I've had this issue with both the Froyo build and my current EB01 2.3. I've looked around a lot on the internet and haven't found a solution. I made sure all my contacts where in my Gmail contacts. There also doesn't seem to be any "search settings" in EB01 as there were in previous roms to make sure it's searching my contacts.

Anyone else having this problem?

(btw, when I use odin to install a .tar.md5 file, such as DroidXcon's EB01, that wipes the entire OS and all settings right?)

Krook

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen a fix for this issue so I switched to vlingo which is way better in my opinion. As far as flashing a tar through odin yes it will wipe everything as far as I know. If you flash super clean 2.4 I'm pretty sure you can set vlingo to you search key and yes it will do voice. I'm currently using it with the revolution theme but it wouldn't work with super dark. Hope this helped.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk