Trouble With Sleep of Death on EB01/SuperClean 2.x?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
would it help if i dont have the problem and i flash it? cause i will if it would. lets be honest, i probably will any way.

Mike... Mike, Mike... Watching some of your posts are like soap operas... almost wanna change the channel, due to the almost unbelievable incidents you put your phone through... but have to keep coming back to see how it ends..

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I might try this. Stock battery is not as good as sc. Can't do this until sunday though. Can't go a while day at work without the phone working.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
would it help if i dont have the problem and i flash it? cause i will if it would. lets be honest, i probably will any way.

Mike... Mike, Mike... Watching some of your posts are like soap operas... almost wanna change the channel, due to the almost unbelievable incidents you put your phone through... but have to keep coming back to see how it ends..

Mike's like, "Oh look a patch for a Droid X, lets see if i can flash this" ....5mins later.....OMG i dont understand what i did wrong, why is my phone on fire :eek:

LMAO! Quick, stop, drop, ODIN!

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

STOP! STOP! STOP! My stomach hurts from laughing so hard

MonkeyGrass

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure what Adrynalyne is calling the "Sleep of Death" is the same issue I've been reporting since DL30 SC .8 as the "sleep-bug". Basically, after about the 4th-5th time you put the phone to sleep after a reboot, it never wakes up or turns the screen on. The only fix is a 3-button reboot or battery pull.

It's the main reason I have to run a homemade hybrid, instead of straight up super clean. Every time I try to flash a new version of SC, I think "this is the ONE" and then about 2-3 hours later, I go to check my phone and it's in a coma.

After nearly 2 weeks of trying to get a stable SC, I'm pretty much done testing at this point, and I'm running a hybrid of EB01 stock/de-odexed that I de-bloated and added several of Adryn's customized and/or AOSP packages (Desk Clock, Car Cradle, etc...)

Phone is running like a dream and I have to work this weekend so I can't take the risk of a soft-brick/unresponsive comatose phone while I'm waiting on calls/txts that are related to my gigs. This particular bug only shows up between 2-4 hours after reflashing a ROM, and I just don't have that kind of time today/tomorrow to test.

If nobody else has tested it by Monday, I can give it a shot. Believe me, I have NO PROBLEMS replicating the sleep bug ;)

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post a new thread asking what the deal was with 2.4 and my phone going dead for no apparent reason. So this is a known bug? I will try this and hopefully see a fix.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have this problem and you flash the fix absolutely nothing will happen.....

My least exciting flash ever. I was expecting it to screw something up seeing as how I don't have the problem, but nothing. Oh well, I'm sure I will find some other way of bricking my phone.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol. I ALWAYS know what I did wrong. Unlike some of these other silly folk, I do stupid crap to my phone on purpose.

:p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bubbadogg14

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem and was told 2 flash a theme by either dxc or gunnermike cant remember but I haven't had the sleep of death ever since I flashed superdark theme not even once