SuperClean? Deodexed EB01? or Stock?

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
which one. just want a fast, smooth, bug-free (within reason) phone that i dont have to worry about. I see bugs and issues with each tho so im looking for an expert opinion

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
which one. just want a fast, smooth, bug-free (within reason) phone that i dont have to worry about. I see bugs and issues with each tho so im looking for an expert opinion

Get enough responses and you are going to get people recommending all three. It is really a matte of personal preference, what features, programs, apps you want included. Stock is just as the developers received it when it was leaked from Verizon/Samsung, debloated/deodexed removed all the verizon bloat that most people don't use or want, superclean goes further and deeper with the customization and the kernel is modified. I personally use the superclean. I like how stipped down it is, clean without a lot of unnecessary stuff.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm a big fan of Superclean myself. Adrynalyn does a really good job with it. I like to start off as stripped down as possible and then add my own touches to it.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
And it wouldn't hurt to add that if you want to use the themes they have made for eb01 you'll have to have a deodexed Rom so either debloated/deodexed or superclean. I would use one of those two anyway As most of the bloat on stock is irrelevant to most users. +1 for adrynalyes superclean. I've been very satisfied.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i chose super clean. having touch screen issues tho. Have been ever since i started flashing. It works fine for a while, but randomly it wont recognize my presses.. just the soft keys on the bottom. but like when im texting for example, it wont recognize the letters i type... unless i hit one letter several times in a row, then it adds it , but as if it was lagging. (about 10 seconds of lag) any ideas why this happens? or how to fix it?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i chose super clean. having touch screen issues tho. Have been ever since i started flashing. It works fine for a while, but randomly it wont recognize my presses.. just the soft keys on the bottom. but like when im texting for example, it wont recognize the letters i type... unless i hit one letter several times in a row, then it adds it , but as if it was lagging. (about 10 seconds of lag) any ideas why this happens? or how to fix it?

I had this happen to me a couple times, and it turned out to be the keyboard I was using. Which keyboard are you using for your text input, and is it just happening when you try and type?

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Fast & smooth = superclean in my experience. I've had no phone reliability issues with superclean either.
There's nothing wrong with the other options, but my preference is superclean.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I like the idea behind SuperClean, but personally I'm pretty happy with a largely stock system, so for me it's less work to just remove the Verizon garbage from the stock deodexed rom than undo many of the changes in SuperClean. No bugs to speak of in the stock EB01 in my experience so far.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me a couple times, and it turned out to be the keyboard I was using. Which keyboard are you using for your text input, and is it just happening when you try and type?

Im using the stock android keyboard. and it happens when typing and also just in general when scrolling or clicking things on my homescreens

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So happy to hear someone else is having this problem (be happier if neither of us were having this problem), but sounds just like the problem I'm having too. Does your scroll ever just wig out too? My buttons act like I haven't pressed them sometimes too, but it's not just my soft buttons it's also my screen buttons. when typing texts, my screen really likes to press the smilie button on it's own and push enter a few times and drop down a few lines on it's own. By the way I use swype, but it's definitely not just when swyping.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
And just to give some other background out alternate options/suggestions - droidxcon told me to try wiping by flashing the full stock dl01 a few times to make sure it's written over everything previously done. Gonna try it tomorrow, and I'll post back with updated results if any.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Happy with stock debloated/deodexed EB01 (and couple of goodies installed)

I installed the Swype Beta and used the accurate battery mod and debinged browser from Chris3D.

I haven't tried SC so can't compare. But I'm happy with what I have and zero issue.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I was running the stock EB01 build, minus a few apps I removed by renaming them. It was very stable and working well, but I start to get the shakes if I don't flash a new rom every week or so...

I flashed the debloaded/deodexed EB01 build via CWM, and it is running GREAT. I didn't clear data, but I did clear the cache and the dlvik (or whatever) cache. Flashing this way didn't lose any of my data and I was back in business almost immediately.

I am really happy with my fascinate now. Aside from what seems like quick battery drain, everything is working great. And its FAST!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was running the stock EB01 build, minus a few apps I removed by renaming them. It was very stable and working well, but I start to get the shakes if I don't flash a new rom every week or so...

I flashed the debloaded/deodexed EB01 build via CWM, and it is running GREAT. I didn't clear data, but I did clear the cache and the dlvik (or whatever) cache. Flashing this way didn't lose any of my data and I was back in business almost immediately.

I am really happy with my fascinate now. Aside from what seems like quick battery drain, everything is working great. And its FAST!

Glad to hear everything is working well for you. I too am happy with how much faster my phone is with EB01.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the debloated/deodexed. I like the puzzle lock, stock music play w/ widget, and stock clock. There's some other good stuff too. I'm using the midnight theme. I found a good theme is actually my favorite improvement. I don't even care about bloat with a good theme. Well, mostly don't care about bloat LOL. It's still gone though.

kanari

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
hmm, that touch screen issue seems to be a problem for me as well. After installing superclean 2.4 rom, I was unable to type some letters while texting due to touch screen error? but this was usually fixed when I close the keyboard and bring it back up again. So, I am guessing it is an issue between the keyboard app and eb01? not sure.. but want to see a fix for this.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Update:

Well after flashing droidxcon's full stock dl01 about 5 or 6 times, I flashed superclean 2.4 non voodoo. Definitely seemed to help! I was getting all kinds of funny things with the keyboard and scrolling prior to the process (probably everything everyone was talking about but on 'roids), and since, I've only seen one time that the scroll messed up. It's actually bearable now! I was even thinking of dropping back down to an older bar if it didn't help. That's how bad it was cause I definitely love me some froyo. So... See above if you have any questions, and I'll secondly try to help out any that I can if any one had any other questions. HUGE thanks to you, Danny!

P.s. - battery actually seems to be doing a little better too. So much happier.

coldking

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
my preference is superclean. I have had no problems with any of the things others seem to have had. I just added the thinkdroid.apk to use for work.