Need help. Can't turn phone on. Tried TELUS sticky from XDA on fascinate.

epik151

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know what TELUS was I thought it was code like odin or some other crap but I guess it's a different carrier.

Anyways, I got to step 2 in the guide but then couldn't go any further cause of broken links(like every other guide on that forum).

But now when I press both volume keys and the power button, SGH-T959D comes up, followed by the Galaxy S logo and then phone dies immediately.

How can I hard reset or get back to factory new condition so I can root with a guide somewhere hopefully that exists that lists things step by step.

Thanks.

edit: ok, actually, i was able to get to the "downloading..., do not turn off target!!!" screen.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know what TELUS was I thought it was code like odin or some other crap but I guess it's a different carrier.

Anyways, I got to step 2 in the guide but then couldn't go any further cause of broken links(like every other guide on that forum).

But now when I press both volume keys and the power button, SGH-T959D comes up, followed by the Galaxy S logo and then phone dies immediately.

How can I hard reset or get back to factory new condition so I can root with a guide somewhere hopefully that exists that lists things step by step.

Thanks.

this wont be so simple to just say i want to reset and start over... lets start with seeing if you can get into download mode

pull your battery and leave it out , plug your phone into the computer and hold the down button for about 10seconds , let me know if it goes into download mode, ...big yellow triangle with an android sweeping and it says do not turn off target

epik151

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey droidxcan, yeah I was able to get there.

But honestly I wouldn't mind resetting and starting over if you can recommend me a good guide.

epik151

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, my desktop bluescreened.

Yeah I have the general idea. I've only used it this once but I'm sure I could figure it out with some guidance.

epik151

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got to the yellow screen.

It wasn't working with the instructions on that page. I held volume down and plugged in... nothing. I had to insert battery for it to pop up.

epik151

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I see. The rar file itself. I had extracted the contents into a folder. My bad.

still on movinand...

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Still... do I start panicking now?

never panic, its just a phone

if this doesnt help you may have to follow these directions

Alright, I will try to spell out what we did to fix this. It was a HUGE pain in the butt. This was all trial and error, so YMMV.

First, grab my DI01 All in One. You need an all inclusive package.
http://adrynalyne.us/files/kernels/DI01package3.tar.md5

You will need odin3 v 1.30. Gonna assume you have it, considering the mess you are in.

You also need Heimdall.
Heimdall ? Glass Echidna There is a readme in the windows version zip if you get stuck. Drivers must be installed for it as well.

You also need a copy of the samsung galaxy s usb drivers, because Heimdall will remove them when you use it.
[Drivers] MS Windows x86 and x64 USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S - xda-developers

You will also need a PIT file from me:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2056318/atlas_v2.2.pit

Steps:

1. Install Heimdall and drivers.
2. Put phone in download mode and plug it in to usb cable.
3. Unzip the Odin file. 7zip can do this, but will give an EOF error. Ignore the error.
4. Choose each section in Heimdall and add the appropriate file, including PIT. Check repartition. Primary boot loader is boot.bin and secondary boot loader is sbl.bin.
5. Start. It should finish and will likely be in a reboot loop with a crap ton of failed errors on wiping data.
6. Reinstall Samsung USB drivers for Odin. This may require a PC reboot.
7. Put phone back in download Mode and start Odin, making sure its detected.
8. Load the entire Odin package, not extracted into the pda section of Odin. Include the PIT file. CHECK repartition.
9. Run the process.

If all goes well, you should be back to stock, crappy Eclair 2.1.

From this thread
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-i-flashed-i9000-phone-odin-i-got-issues.html