[How to] 1-Click-Red cwm for Mac users (No bootcamp or windows required)*update 3/1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
well, i flashed the stock ebo1 test rom that cory and droidx posted, and that took away my root. when i rooted, i had to push all the files separately, and with Tiger, its kind of a pain, so i figured I would try this. i am trying to root.

Tiger could be the issue... I'm not sure if the SDK is compatible with tiger. I'll have to do some research

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If its the one from cory's video, its not. And I'm sure that would explain it. Guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way tomorrow. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If its the one from cory's video, its not. And I'm sure that would explain it. Guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way tomorrow. Lol

It is, what did you use to get it to work manually? You should be able to move that SDK to the files folder in 1-click-root... As long as there is an adb file

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It was like v. 1.6 or something. I'll have to do some searching tomorrow to find it cuz I deleted it. I'll keep u posted.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah some of us can't afford/don't want to drop the money for leopard. Lol. Probably will soon though. I want the new keyboard and magic mouse. And can't get em on tiger! Haha

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah some of us can't afford/don't want to drop the money for leopard. Lol. Probably will soon though. I want the new keyboard and magic mouse. And can't get em on tiger! Haha

I hear that. haha I really hope they put back the number pad for the wireless keyboards on the next iMac refresh.. cant stand not having that

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
This what i get in terminal:
MacBook-Pro:Files nplayer$ /Users/nplayer/Desktop/1-click-clockworkmod-2.1/Files/kernel.sh
Starting installation...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
failed to copy 'zImage' to '/sdcard/zImage': Permission denied
713 KB/s (313888 bytes in 0.429s)
0 KB/s (24 bytes in 0.058s)
[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit (C) 2010 by 743C

[*] checking NPROC limit ...
[+] RLIMIT_NPROC={3712, 3712}
[*] Searching for adb ...
[+] Found adb as PID 2200
[*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset!
[*]
[*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to
[*] 7-4-3-C@web.de so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.
[*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,
[*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD!
[*]
[*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.

phone never restarts. What do i do??

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
phone never restarts. What do i do??

Try rebooting the phone and repeating the process. Make sure the screen in on and unlocked.

The first file failed copying for some reason, but the two after were successful. The first file is needed to install the kernel, thats why the phone didnt reboot. The kernel was never installed. ADB might not have connected to the phone fast enough.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
says the same thing!! I now have bootcamp and access to odin. Should i just restore to factory settings and start from scratch?? Whats the best way to unroot?

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
a window pops up saying drive not readable by mac. it gives me options to ignore, eject or initialize. Dont know if that has to do with the problem. Basically computer is reading the sd card and doesnt know what to do with it.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
well i fixed it!! i just wiped my phone using odin and started from scratch. One click root worked fine! Now going to do the clockworkmod :D

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
WOW....didnt know why i hadnt done this!! Phone is super fast, smooth, and works well. It was a little slow in the first reboot then rebooted it and works fine. Launcher pro has been foreclosing though. So far pretty impressed :D

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
WOW....didnt know why i hadnt done this!! Phone is super fast, smooth, and works well. It was a little slow in the first reboot then rebooted it and works fine. Launcher pro has been foreclosing though. So far pretty impressed :D

Awesome! Pretty crazy the initial different from 2.1 to 2.2 huh?

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
im thinking about trying to get 2.2 tonight and i have a few more questions of paranoia.

1. How do you extract files on a mac, I see no option to. when i double click on the 1 click root folder for example, i get a files folder and root app. Is that what I all I need?

2. In the directions for 1 click root and installing CWM I see at the end "close terminal" but i don't see anything about opening or using terminal. Does it automatically open when you follow the installation directions?

3. In all the Odin instructions it says to remove battery, do I need to remove battery for these instructions?

4. And last, anyone know how many have tried this? Is it still extremely important to have a pc with Odin at your fingertips?

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
im thinking about trying to get 2.2 tonight and i have a few more questions of paranoia.

1. How do you extract files on a mac, I see no option to. when i double click on the 1 click root folder for example, i get a files folder and root app. Is that what I all I need?

2. In the directions for 1 click root and installing CWM I see at the end "close terminal" but i don't see anything about opening or using terminal. Does it automatically open when you follow the installation directions?

3. In all the Odin instructions it says to remove battery, do I need to remove battery for these instructions?

4. And last, anyone know how many have tried this? Is it still extremely important to have a pc with Odin at your fingertips?

1. Correct. Just follow instructions in the first post, then run root.app.

2. Correct as well. I didn't script these to close terminal at the end encase there were errors. That way people can post they errors if the occur.

3. No.

4. ehernandez got it working today. If you follow the instructions very carefully, you will be fine. Also, if cwm fails and your phone doesn't reboot, your phone will still work. Just means you wont have cwm and you'll have to try the process again. I just recommend posting the script output before you do. I have yet to brick my phone using these 1-click methods. But I have bricked it installing roms from recovery. So if/when you do, make sure you install super frankenclean 2.6.zip for the time being.

oh and also do I need to install samsung drivers?

No.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech