[How to] 1-Click-Red cwm for Mac users (No bootcamp or windows required)*update 3/1*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Bootcamp is not a requirement though right? And it's now 'a' Fascinate not 'some' regardless, I'll check it out sometime this morning.

Bootcamp is just a fail safe. I flashed stock DL09, used the 1-click-root and 1-click-clockworkmod, then installed SC 2.6 from zip, and everything is working perfectly. But I don't want someone who doesn't have experience or access to a PC to brick their phone and be screwed....

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
If you're asking that, then you're most likely on one of the official builds DI01, DL09 or EA28. Go into Settings-About Phone and scroll down until you find baseband or build number and the last 4 characters will be you're current version.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Ahh thanks!! Next newbie question: I have EA28 so which one of these would I use? I am rooted. Still working on getting bootcamp on Mac before I do this.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ahh thanks!! Next newbie question: I have EA28 so which one of these would I use? I am rooted. Still working on getting bootcamp on Mac before I do this.

Not a stupid question. I haven't tested this myself on EA28, but I'm sure it will work on all 2.1 builds as long as you're rooted.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else try it??? Need to know if its solid!

Just flashed DL09, updated OTA EA28. Rooted with 1-click-root, installed recovery with 1-click-clockworkmod-2.1.zip, and it worked perfectly! I just finished installing super frankenclean 2.6 from zip and that worked too! Seems to be working pretty solid, but you might want to wait until Cory responds back with his results before you take the plunge..

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Im already rooted but should i unroot, start from scratch, and do your process with root and cwm?? I noticed the program "one click lag fix" has an option to unroot your phone. Is it wise to use this program to unroot for you? Also where did you get the superclean 2.6 rom for non froyo? Seems all i see is for the froyo.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Im already rooted but should i unroot, start from scratch, and do your process with root and cwm?? I noticed the program "one click lag fix" has an option to unroot your phone. Is it wise to use this program to unroot for you? Also where did you get the superclean 2.6 rom for non froyo? Seems all i see is for the froyo.

2.6 SC is only for Froyo. With clockwork you can install froyo from zip. Which process did you follow when you rooted? If you're already rooted and its working I would not unroot. I'm not familiar with the one click lag fix program, so I'm not sure if that is a good tool or not. I have tried a program that you install on your phone to root/unroot, but it never worked for me. I'm working on a 1-click-unroot, not finished yet though.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I used the video tutorial on how to root on a mac posted on the how to's. So you rooted, installed clockwork and then installed froyo and then superclean 2.6? But nows theres a 2.7. See how easily i get confused hahah. Can you give me a direct link to froyo and superclean?

Just to clarify, after i install clockwork i can then copy the froyo file into sd card and use clockwork to install? then i do the same to superclean?

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I used the video tutorial on how to root on a mac posted on the how to's. So you rooted, installed clockwork and then installed froyo and then superclean 2.6? But nows theres a 2.7. See how easily i get confused hahah. Can you give me a direct link to froyo and superclean?

Just to clarify, after i install clockwork i can then copy the froyo file into sd card and use clockwork to install? then i do the same to superclean?

haha yes I can, its very confusing process at first. superclean is froyo... I'll give you step by step instructions.

1. Download froyo 2.6 SC.zip and place on your SD card.
  2. Follow instructions in this tread to install clockwork.
  3. Boot into recovery.
  4. Install SC 2.6 from SD card.
  5. Reboot.

And you're done! You have froyo with SC 2.6.

I dont recommend installing in SC 2.7 off of zip straight from 2.1 just yet. When I tried that for the first time my phone never booted back up, just went straight back into recovery. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm