Battery life, charging issues.

blown14psi

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm on sc 2.6 with superdark and I have really bad battery life. I have ran bstats in both recovery and terminal emulator with no luck. I charged it up to 100% then unplugged the charger and did bstats. Would it be better to run it with the phone plugged into the charger?

I charged the phone all night and as soon as I unplug the charger it reads 97% and dropped to 89% in 40 mins with very little use.

I know there are several threads about this but none of those solutions worked.

Anything else I should try? Sould I let it go a few days and try bstats again? Will the phone learn over time?

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I was having the issue and I went into clockwork mod and wiped the stats when my phone was at 100% and it seems to be OK now but that was only 10 minutes ago.. phone sitting idle and it's at 100% still, before it would be at like 98 or 97..

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I was on SC2.5 and just moved to 2.6 and battery still OK.
on SC2.4 battery was terrible.
just make sure you charge up the phone to 100% before wiping battery stats.
Power off phone and let it keep charging until it says 100%. then go into recovery and continue wiping battery stats.
when I did this to mine my battery life improved greatly. I had the same problem until I did this exactly. Now have great battery life.

blown14psi

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I was on SC2.5 and just moved to 2.6 and battery still OK.
on SC2.4 battery was terrible.
just make sure you charge up the phone to 100% before wiping battery stats.
Power off phone and let it keep charging until it says 100%. then go into recovery and continue wiping battery stats.
when I did this to mine my battery life improved greatly. I had the same problem until I did this exactly. Now have great battery life.

I tried this method, charging until the phone reads 100% shutting off until charging indicator reads 100%, leaving the phone plugged in, turned on bstats in recovery, then unplugged amd bstats in terminal. Still
no luck

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
weird that it doesn't fix your issue because mine was exactly the same as yours and it fixed mine. Maybe one of the experts will have another suggestion.

dberry74

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Questipn for both: are you leaving the gps turned on or do you have it off? I'm curious if that is causing my battery issues with super clean roms. I have reverted back to the bloated froyo and battery life has improved.

dwc5000

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep everything turned off and only turn it on when needed i.e. wifi, bluetooth, data, gps, background data etc. I can go almost 3 days now on a charge.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Questipn for both: are you leaving the gps turned on or do you have it off? I'm curious if that is causing my battery issues with super clean roms. I have reverted back to the bloated froyo and battery life has improved.

Many people have reported that leaving GPS on has really drained their batteries on EB01. On EA28 and previous builds this was never a problem, but seems to be an issue with EB01.

blown14psi

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the gps on and refresh off.

Just thought if something. Maybe I need to run the bstats.zip again, and run it in emulator. Maybe it changed after I updated to sc 2.6?

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Give juice defender app a go it regulates your mobile data enabling/disabling based on preference. Man where the heck is that how to battery thread by gunnermike when you need it for reference.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Give juice defender app a go it regulates your mobile data enabling/disabling based on preference. Man where the heck is that how to battery thread by gunnermike when you need it for reference.

Here it is:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/58334-how-battery.html

It's been pushed all the way to page 7 of these forums because we have 7 different separate threads on battery life and threads that ask one question that should be posted in a topic specific thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: vi3tboiii54

blown14psi

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I read that thread before I started this.

Today my battery life seems better although I have used my phone very little today. I unplugged at 8 this morning and now it's at 24. It's weird that I can clear bstats and charge all night to 100% then as soon as I unplug it drops to 97. I'm going to leave it alone for a couple of days to see if it improves.

Rhylin

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I reverted back to the stock theme with sc 2.6. I think super dark might have been the battery killing culprit since my battery life trippled in length.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

blown14psi

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is what I've noticed. If I plug in the charger when I go to bed. I wake up in the morning and the phone is at 97 or 98. If I unplug it and plug it back in, after a few minutes it's back to 100. I think the phone is charging up to 100 then the charger is being disabled, to prevent overcharging I assume, and it's not coming back on to keep it full.

I laugh at all the battery threads, but it is a problem that clearing bstats hasn't worked for me.

I unplugged at 8 this morning and by 11:30 I'm at 63 with very little use. That is approx 12-15% an hr. Maybe I'm expecting to much from my battery.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is what I've noticed. If I plug in the charger when I go to bed. I wake up in the morning and the phone is at 97 or 98. If I unplug it and plug it back in, after a few minutes it's back to 100. I think the phone is charging up to 100 then the charger is being disabled, to prevent overcharging I assume, and it's not coming back on to keep it full.

yup, that's so it doesn't overcharge. once it gets down to about 95% (I believe) it charges it back up.

blown14psi

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I knew that the phone battery charger monitor did this, but I thought it was in 1% increments to keep it full our close too it. So maybe this it's where all the confusion is coming from. With a stock rom, when the battery is full, it always shows full when it's on the charger.

So to everyone don't worry if the battery doesn't show full after being on the charger all night, it's how the phone operates.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I knew that the phone battery charger monitor did this, but I thought it was in 1% increments to keep it full our close too it. So maybe this it's where all the confusion is coming from. With a stock rom, when the battery is full, it always shows full when it's on the charger.

So to everyone don't worry if the battery doesn't show full after being on the charger all night, it's how the phone operates.

Thanks for the info blown14psi. Can you also post it in the NINE OTHER threads dealing with battery life?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital