3G problems since EB01 debloted

808flip

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been having major problems since flashing EB01 with 3g. I am currently on 2.6sc, and prior to that i was on EB01 debloated. Problem is that i cannot get browser to connect to internet. neither default browser and dolphin will connect. I am able to make calls, messaging and emails. any suggestions as what to do. TIA,
aloha

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been having major problems since flashing EB01 with 3g. I am currently on 2.6sc, and prior to that i was on EB01 debloated. Problem is that i cannot get browser to connect to internet. neither default browser and dolphin will connect. I am able to make calls, messaging and emails. any suggestions as what to do. TIA,
aloha

pull the battery out for about 5 to 10 mins, then put it back in and try again

808flip

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't respond, went to bed right after posting. My house is in a dead zone for 3g so next time i drive 'round the volcano i will have a chance to check it out. will update post some time today. thank you.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I didn't respond, went to bed right after posting. My house is in a dead zone for 3g so next time i drive 'round the volcano i will have a chance to check it out. will update post some time today. thank you.

if that doesnt help
try the DL09 modem. just flash with odin

Modems
Download DL09 from HERE
If it doesnt help you can go back to EB01 modem
Download EB01 from HERE

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but DL30 also didn't have it's own radio file, it shared DL09's. And they work on the Contiuum? Ha, that's awesome.

Yeah but it was still froyo. either way it works, hopefully some people will be able to get better GPS, i bet we could even try DJ05 modem.

yeah i had to use it since experimenting with the continuum i lost my baseband completely

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that the same thing is happening to me. Earlier today when I was online with the phone I was using my home wireless network to connect. I went out and turned the wireless network off and now that I'm back home I can't connect to the internet. I'm following the advice listed here and just removed the battery and will wait a while before putting it back. Hopefully that will work.

aloha

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the DL09 listed above, used Odin to run the file. The installation appeared to be successful and the phone rebooted. Still no internet except WiFi.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If you pull down the notification window is data highlighted
So I downloaded the DL09 listed above, used Odin to run the file. The installation appeared to be successful and the phone rebooted. Still no internet except WiFi.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
On the other hand, maybe I'm doing something wrong...

With the power off, I removed the battery then pressed the volume down button until I got the downloading dude, then plugged in the USB. Opened Odin and selected the modem version I wanted and all appeared to go as it should. When it finished I unplugged the USB, put the battery back in and powered up the phone. That is the correct procedure to flash, isn't it? Or not?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
On the other hand, maybe I'm doing something wrong...

With the power off, I removed the battery then pressed the volume down button until I got the downloading dude, then plugged in the USB. Opened Odin and selected the modem version I wanted and all appeared to go as it should. When it finished I unplugged the USB, put the battery back in and powered up the phone. That is the correct procedure to flash, isn't it? Or not?

That's the right procedure. To be clear though, you pressed the PDA button in Odin and not Phone, right?

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm an idiot but maybe someone can learn from my mistake. Apparently the up/down arrow icon in the notification bar is for 3G. I tapped it to see what it did and that fixed the problem.

Dontcha just hate newbies??? Is there a difference in the modem tars? Should I reflash to the DL09?

Thanks - maybe this will help someone else because clearly I'm just not paying attention.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm an idiot but maybe someone can learn from my mistake. Apparently the up/down arrow icon in the notification bar is for 3G. I tapped it to see what it did and that fixed the problem.

Dontcha just hate newbies??? Is there a difference in the modem tars? Should I reflash to the DL09?

Thanks - maybe this will help someone else because clearly I'm just not paying attention.

No i dont hate noobs and no you are not an idiot. sometimes we expect problems to be big so we over look the small things,,,also thats a new froyo feature how were you suppose to know,,,, you can flash EB01 or leave DL09 doesnt really matter at this point

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane