I am new to the smart Phone world, I did alot of reading on the net.
    I am convince that i will get alot more out of my Fascinate if it's rooted.
    The main thing is what want to do, is tether to my laptop for internet with a OEM USB cable or WIFI either way does not make a difference ,
    I read the step by step instructions, quite detailed and I feel quite confident I can do a Root to my Fascinate, only question I have, is what drivers do I use 32 Bit or a 64 Bit? (sorry if this is a stupid question)
    Also I am paying $30.00 for the data package, do i need to pay for more
    data once the Fascinate is able to tether to my laptop,

Thanks and have a great day
    Pat
    03-01-2011 11:27 AM
    The 32bit or 64bit driver refer to the OS on your computer. If your computer is 32 bit you need the 32 bit drivers. Most Windows XP systems are 32 bit. Vista systems are about 50-50. Windows 7 systems are about 60-40 in favor of 64 bit OSes. The place to find out is to right click on My Computer and go to properties. The file system you are running should be listed. Another clue will be if your RAM is greater than 4 GB. If it is, you have 64 bit. If it is not, more than likely you have 32 bit.
    03-01-2011 12:03 PM
    I am new to the smart Phone world, I did alot of reading on the net.
    I am convince that i will get alot more out of my Fascinate if it's rooted.
    The main thing is what want to do, is tether to my laptop for internet with a OEM USB cable or WIFI either way does not make a difference ,
    I read the step by step instructions, quite detailed and I feel quite confident I can do a Root to my Fascinate, only question I have, is what drivers do I use 32 Bit or a 64 Bit? (sorry if this is a stupid question)
    Also I am paying $30.00 for the data package, do i need to pay for more
    data once the Fascinate is able to tether to my laptop,

Thanks and have a great day
    Pat
    use the driver that matches your computer system type. is it 32 or 64 bit operating system? you can check by going to control panel>system and maintenance>system
    03-01-2011 12:05 PM
    the data package you are paying for is the one that is required for our phone. no need (or even an option) for a more expensive plan.
    03-01-2011 12:13 PM
    Thanks fpr the prompt reply.
    much appriciated
    Pat
    03-02-2011 07:52 AM
    my root is not working any help please
    05-10-2011 02:40 AM
    my root is not working any help please
    I recommend you take a look at this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...ing-forum.html

Follow post #5, just read it thoroughly and follow step by step exactly. You shouldn't have a problem
    05-10-2011 03:04 AM
    the data package you are paying for is the one that is required for our phone. no need (or even an option) for a more expensive plan.
    yeah but in theory you have to pay extra for tethering...in theory
    05-10-2011 03:20 AM
    I have found a great article on rooting your fascinate at Root Method for Samsung Fascinate | Android Advice & Tutorials ... the same site has another section for rooted android phones and the Barnacle app is the one you want to tether to your laptop. Barnacle will make your phone a wifi hotspot but requires the phone to be rooted to work.

Hope it helps
    05-13-2011 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD