[HOW TO] Return to Stock for Froyo Update

nlong1418

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
stuck after stock flash

so i followed all the instruction to the T but at around 80% of the stock image flash I got a fail message and my phone froze. tried another usb port on my machine and also on another machine. cannot get past that same point. My phone was working fine i was just hoping to remove a root that a friend of mine put on there one day without me really knowing what it was. Now I can't power up. HELP???!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so i followed all the instruction to the T but at around 80% of the stock image flash I got a fail message and my phone froze. tried another usb port on my machine and also on another machine. cannot get past that same point. My phone was working fine i was just hoping to remove a root that a friend of mine put on there one day without me really knowing what it was. Now I can't power up. HELP???!!

can you get it into download mode?

nlong1418

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it went into download mode fine but stayed indownload mode even after i closed odin, after the failure. I ended up just restarting my computer in order to switch ports. I just finished trying another image (froyo this time) to see if that might change something but it failed at exactly the same point

nlong1418

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it went into download mode fine but stayed indownload mode even after i closed odin, after the failure. I ended up just restarting my computer in order to switch ports. I just finished trying another image (froyo this time) to see if that might change something but it failed at exactly the same point
ok well i'm not really sure what i did but great success!! not only did i manage to unroot my phone i also managed to upgrade it to 2.2 and switch from my small town carrier (cell south) to verizon animation on the startup. i attempted to flash with eclair exactly like the tutorial said but when that didnt work i attempted to flash a froyo image, this also didnt work. so I did a standard factory reset (hold both volume keys while powering on) and it reset to 2.2 instead of 2.1 and all seems to work fine. any ideas of what I might be missing/troubles coming my way soon?

nlong1418

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
wait! no text!!

Ok well i guess i found what i did wrong. I can recieve text but cannot recieve pics. I can send text but it is only an empty message when it get to my recipient... any ideas??

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok well i guess i found what i did wrong. I can recieve text but cannot recieve pics. I can send text but it is only an empty message when it get to my recipient... any ideas??

Go menu=>settings=>about phone and list what it says for the following:

Firmware version
Baseband version
Kernel version
Build number

nlong1418

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
about:

firmware version: 2.2.1
baseband version:s:i500.o4 k.dj20
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build Num: SCH-I500.EB01

Now since this phone does have a legitimate upgrade to froyo out there would i be possible to just install that at this point without the use of odin. technically i have an unrooted version of android running on my phone and i'm able to do every thing but receive pics and send text everything else actually works better than before.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
firmware version: 2.2.1
baseband version:s:i500.o4 k.dj20
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build Num: SCH-I500.EB01

Now since this phone does have a legitimate upgrade to froyo out there would i be possible to just install that at this point without the use of odin. technically i have an unrooted version of android running on my phone and i'm able to do every thing but receive pics and send text everything else actually works better than before.

Ok, what phone do you have and how did you get a baseband like that? I have never seen or heard of a baseband like that. I knew about DH12, DI01, and DJ05. Never seen a DJ20. The reason you are having the troubles you are having is an old modem and a mismatched modem and build. I know it is usually preferred to troubleshoot in the forums, but your situation is unique so send me a PM and I will get you straightened out.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Link for samsung drivers is dead ;( where can i find them?

Go to the samsung website, click on support, click on cell phones, click on Verizon wireless cell phones, click on SCH-I500, click select, click get downloads, click software, click the file on the right hand side, download, then double click the downloaded file to install the drivers. Pretty simple

SAMSUNG

courtneymaude

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The odin is not picking up my phone.. I've tried unpug it and reinstalled the odin and on the screen of the phone its showing the yellow triangle but the odin program is not howing the yellow triangle.. all my samsung drivers are up to date and the DI01 package has been downloaded and everything but the odin is still not picking up on the phone. I've restarted the comp and everything. thanks.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The odin is not picking up my phone.. I've tried unpug it and reinstalled the odin and on the screen of the phone its showing the yellow triangle but the odin program is not howing the yellow triangle.. all my samsung drivers are up to date and the DI01 package has been downloaded and everything but the odin is still not picking up on the phone. I've restarted the comp and everything. thanks.

Restart the phone, go menu=>settings=>applications=>development and make sure usb debugging is checked if not already. If it wasn't, then after checking it, power down phone, open ODIN, connect phone to usb while holding volume down button and see if ODIN recognizes your phone. If usb debugging was already checked, connect phone to usb cable connected to computer and restart the phone. Also make sure you are using a usb port in the back of the computer directly tied to the mother board. If you are on a laptop make sure the laptop is plugged in while trying to establish a connection in ODIN.

mastermindds3

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm running PWGB. If I decide to go back to stock before flashing with another gingerbread rom do I need to odin the atlas pit first, then the stock rom?

I have downloaded the atlas pit file and the official ED05 rom from over at xda.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running PWGB. If I decide to go back to stock before flashing with another gingerbread rom do I need to odin the atlas pit first, then the stock rom?

I have downloaded the atlas pit file and the official ED05 rom from over at xda.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

I found these instructions to be VERY helpful and I was able to do just what you are asking about.

colotl

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Odin gives me this message
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
After this it will not recognize my phone. After I reinstall the drivers, I go thru the steps and it gives me the message again.
Do you guys know why it would recognize the phone and then suddenly remove it and no longer recognize it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21