I'm in a quandary...

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Had the fascinate for about a month now and I'm really getting comfortable with it. I am quite familiar with flashing OS's from my BB days and I know UNIX fairly well so I don't think I would have much trouble rooting and flashing this phone. Here lies the problem, the rumor mill indicates to me that the Froyo upgrade from Big Red is coming in the near future. Do I wait for the stock upgrade or dive into this now?

I think I know what the answer to my question is, but I had to ask...

Opinions/Insights greatly appreciated.

Mike

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Had the fascinate for about a month now and I'm really getting comfortable with it. I am quite familiar with flashing OS's from my BB days and I know UNIX fairly well so I don't think I would have much trouble rooting and flashing this phone. Here lies the problem, the rumor mill indicates to me that the Froyo upgrade from Big Red is coming in the near future. Do I wait for the stock upgrade or dive into this now?

I think I know what the answer to my question is, but I had to ask...

Opinions/Insights greatly appreciated.

Mike

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, now that the laughing is out of the way, the guy who sold me my fascinate in November of last year said that froyo is comming out by the end of the month....

the rumor mill is ******ed. root. flash superclean 2.6, it will make your phone better.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I would say go ahead and jump in the flashing game. The guides in the stickies and the folks around the forums make it easy and relatively safe. Even when the VZW approved froyo drops it's going to have it's own issues the it will take them a while to fix them. Adryalyne alone has supported his work tirelessly through multiple updates. I trust the guys around here with my phone way more than VZW.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ITF36059

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would say go ahead and jump in the flashing game. The guides in the stickies and the folks around the forums make it easy and relatively safe. Even when the VZW approved froyo drops it's going to have it's own issues the it will take them a while to fix them. Adryalyne alone has supported his work tirelessly through multiple updates. I trust the guys around here with my phone way more than VZW.

Thanks for the insight, much appreciated...

In the cafeteria with Food huh? Take some home for your dog. He looks hungry.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Excuse my while I go get a bucket and a mop to clean up the sarcasm here!
It's gettin' deep...

...and I thought I waqs bad...:D

Lol. sorry man. my pannies have been in a wad all morning. its just one of them days.

seriously, if your a nerd then root the crap out of you phone. i find it a good stress reliever. and dont bother debloating, flash a de bloated rom. WAY less work.

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Here lies the problem, the rumor mill indicates to me that the Froyo upgrade from Big Red is coming in the near future.

I'll just offer this: The rumor mill has been saying the exact same thing since October of last year. That's 5 to 6 months ago, and still no official FroYo.

If you just want to remove bloat, root and remove the bloat. Whenever the official 2.2 lands, it'll be bloated to hell just like 2.1, so you'll end up rooting to remove it one way or another. If you're otherwise happy with 2.1, just remove the bloat and be happy. To be honest, 2.2 isn't the revolutionary upgrade it's made out to be. A few nice features (and a few bugs in the leaked version(s)), but otherwise it's largely the same.

On the other hand, returning to a stock OTA update-able phone couldn't be easier with all the all-in-one restore packages floating around, so if you want to get a preview of FroYo, go for it. If the official OTA update comes out tomorrow, all you'll have to do is flash one of the packages and you'll be set to receive it. It'll literally take you 2 to 3 minutes tops.

There's really no downside to rooting.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Excuse my while I go get a bucket and a mop to clean up the sarcasm here!

It's gettin' deep...

...and I thought I waqs bad...:D

Lol. sorry man. my pannies have been in a wad all morning. its just one of them days.

seriously, if your a nerd then root the crap out of you phone. i find it a good stress reliever. and dont bother debloating, flash a de bloated rom. WAY less work.

no problem. I got a sense of humor too. I thought your comments were funny as he!!.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
flash sc 2.6 and go voodoo as well ull be much happier then if u dont...i mean comeon it seasy now really easy i flash stuff 2-3 times a week now cause i get bored lol