Alright..I've decided I need help updating...

f75gunslinger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I got my fascinate around Christmas time,and have loved it..runs good and does everything I need it to do.i decided to root it not long after I got it..and that went without any issue..haven't really done much as far as changing anything...life's been too damn busy to put much time into it. I got an update notification today..it says sw update..commercialpackage_dl01toea28...and here is where the issue is..if I click on ok for the update it drops to the android system recovery screen..and if I try to load the update.zip file it says failed to open no such file exists...signature verification failed installation aborted...
Wonderful..so I reboot..and within a minute or two it goes right back to the update screen and tries again...it's been doing this since 5:45 eastern...and it's getting on my nerves...any way to fix this guys ????

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my fascinate around Christmas time,and have loved it..runs good and does everything I need it to do.i decided to root it not long after I got it..and that went without any issue..haven't really done much as far as changing anything...life's been too damn busy to put much time into it. I got an update notification today..it says sw update..commercialpackage_dl01toea28...and here is where the issue is..if I click on ok for the update it drops to the android system recovery screen..and if I try to load the update.zip file it says failed to open no such file exists...signature verification failed installation aborted...
Wonderful..so I reboot..and within a minute or two it goes right back to the update screen and tries again...it's been doing this since 5:45 eastern...and it's getting on my nerves...any way to fix this guys ????

are you rooted? did you change anything after you rooted? are you backed up ? are your contacts backed up ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted...didn't change anything..and not backed up..contacts ARE backed up...I can still use the phone..

the root may be stopping it, or somthing that you may not realized you changed,,,, your contacts are backed up , are you afraid of loosing anything else or are you willing to flash back to stock or flash up to froyo or a custom froyo operating system?

f75gunslinger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
If I flash back to stock I change everything back to where it was when I got the phone and any apps I have are gone...don't know anything about a different operating system...I'm new to all of this..not sure what would be best but I do know that I leave home every sunday and have no access to a computer to fix any issues during the week...so anything I do I need to do at home...and I need the phone on the road during the week

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If I flash back to stock I change everything back to where it was when I got the phone and any apps I have are gone...don't know anything about a different operating system...I'm new to all of this..not sure what would be best but I do know that I leave home every sunday and have no access to a computer to fix any issues during the week...so anything I do I need to do at home...and I need the phone on the road during the week

well chances are you shouldnt have any problems ,,but if you are uncomfortable with moving on,, then just stay where you are at EA28 was not a big update. pretty much the same as DL09

f75gunslinger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
well..the update is telling me DL01 to ea28...but that's not the issue...it keeps trying to update..it's already downloaded the update on its own and keeps trying...which drops me into the android system restore screen...it does all that in a loop...and if someone calls or texts me...it isn't going to come in...and I'm tired of every time i pick the phone up it's in that screen..reboot..and it keeps trying to run the update..I'd prefer to let it update as far as it can..or to cancel the update altogether...but I don't have either choice because the file won't run off the sd card..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
well..the update is telling me DL01 to ea28...but that's not the issue...it keeps trying to update..it's already downloaded the update on its own and keeps trying...which drops me into the android system restore screen...it does all that in a loop...and if someone calls or texts me...it isn't going to come in...and I'm tired of every time i pick the phone up it's in that screen..reboot..and it keeps trying to run the update..I'd prefer to let it update as far as it can..or to cancel the update altogether...but I don't have either choice because the file won't run off the sd card..

do you have a card reader or can you get a file onto the sdcard if i give you one?

f75gunslinger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
alright..new issue...now it tells me its installing..it gets to verifying update package and then fails to verify whole file signature and aborts installation

f75gunslinger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Alright..did that and it tells me

E:failed to verify whole file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted

I apologize if this is a pain in the ass...and I appreciate the help...

i can still use the phone in all it's functions...can I use a backup app to save all my stuff and start over ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Alright..did that and it tells me

E:failed to verify whole file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted

I apologize if this is a pain in the ass...and I appreciate the help...

i can still use the phone in all it's functions...can I use a backup app to save all my stuff and start over ?

yeah ,,,here study this, do the preparations for it , im going to make you a special file for you to flash, so dont use the one in the thread,,
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ll-system-wipe-restore-samsung-fascinate.html

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok the file is uploading now, it will take you to DL09 stock without wiping your data out ,,, but if you can back up your apps that will be good, with either titanium back up or My backup pro

f75gunslinger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
alright...so the file you're uploading will be used in place of the one to download from the page you sent me...other than that I just follow the steps...correct ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty