02-24-2016 05:11 PM
385 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes. I upgraded to SC2.9.1/EC10 using my PC but now need to download my pictures to my Mac. I know we were not able to recognize the sd card as far back as one of the last OTA updates in Eclair (2.1) but I thought that had been fixed with the newer SC Versions.
    Right now when I plug into my Mac I get an icon of the sd card but when I see the Fascinate in IPhoto there is nothing there. I've tried to use the sd card with the stand alone card adapter but the side slot on my Macbook Pro seems is to big for this card adapter. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you.
    03-26-2011 12:24 PM
    Try navigating to the pictures folder through iPhoto and import that way. Rather then trying to add them as if out were a camera.
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes. I upgraded to SC2.9.1/EC10 using my PC but now need to download my pictures to my Mac. I know we were not able to recognize the sd card as far back as one of the last OTA updates in Eclair (2.1) but I thought that had been fixed with the newer SC Versions.
    Right now when I plug into my Mac I get an icon of the sd card but when I see the Fascinate in IPhoto there is nothing there. I've tried to use the sd card with the stand alone card adapter but the side slot on my Macbook Pro seems is to big for this card adapter. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    03-26-2011 08:45 PM
    I tried navigating through Iphoto and cannot see any photos at all. Looking at a the Gallery ( 139 photos ) and the SD card, no photos that I can find, it may be that they are stored on the phone memory?. I tried going to app>gallery>move but the move button will not highlight. I don't know what to do at this point.
    03-26-2011 09:07 PM
    I tried navigating through Iphoto and cannot see any photos at all. Looking at a the Gallery ( 139 photos ) and the SD card, no photos that I can find, it may be that they are stored on the phone memory?. I tried going to app>gallery>move but the move button will not highlight. I don't know what to do at this point.
    ok, connect your phone to USB mass storage. open iPhoto, click file > import to library. click on the mounted sdcard in the left under Devices (mine is called "NO NAME"). From there, navigate to DCIM > Camera. And import all those pictures there.
    03-28-2011 09:33 AM
    I think the problem is coming from the kernel still working to write to the phone, but the phone gets disconnected from the Mac right before it reboots (casued by the EA28 update). Therefore, the installation cannot be completed. Therefore, I can't run cwm.app to finish the install.

Is there any way to fix this?
    Still need help?
    03-28-2011 09:35 AM
    Yup. I totally gave up over the weekend. Even tried it from a PC but the drivers didn't help (downloaded from Samsung). To chap my hide even more, I saw that Samsung released the Froyo update for the Mesmerize for US Cellular. ugh
    03-28-2011 12:19 PM
    Yup. I totally gave up over the weekend. Even tried it from a PC but the drivers didn't help (downloaded from Samsung). To chap my hide even more, I saw that Samsung released the Froyo update for the Mesmerize for US Cellular. ugh
    Do you have google chat set up with iChat?
    03-28-2011 04:02 PM
    having a few issues. Did all the oneclicks, however when I try to install SC 2.9.2v it hangs at installing update.

CWM is working fine (2.5.1.x)

Root is working fine....

Just cant figure out whats wrong past that...
    03-28-2011 10:54 PM
    How far do you get through the install?
    having a few issues. Did all the oneclicks, however when I try to install SC 2.9.2v it hangs at installing update.

CWM is working fine (2.5.1.x)

Root is working fine....

Just cant figure out whats wrong past that...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    03-29-2011 10:47 AM
    Do you have google chat set up with iChat?
    yah. sorry for the delay in responses. hectic weekend.
    03-29-2011 11:40 AM
    yah. sorry for the delay in responses. hectic weekend.
    PM me your user name and we'll try to figure out whats going on.
    03-29-2011 01:36 PM
    Using
    [Guide] Tools and Information for Mac OS X Users *Updated 3/28*

and I don't have root access, but I DO have the su icon.
    This is what I get when I try to plug my Fascinate into my mac and run the root program..

Adell-Coulliette-IIIs-MacBook-Pro:Files AdellCoullietteIII$ /1-click-root/Files/root.sh
    Starting installation...
    Copying files...
    error: device not found

So, I re-downloaded set cpu and tried to see if it would work and it said that it can't get root access..
    I'm going to try rebooting and see if I get it then.
    Samsung...
    Galaxy S...
    Verizon Wireless...
    Lockscreen...
    Media Scanner...
    Touch Set CPU...
    Root Access Not Detected
    -----------------------------
    Set CPU could not obtain root access. Did you allow Set CPU through Superuser Permissions? If you checked Superuser Permissions and SetCPU still cannot get root, there may be an issue with your ROM. Operating in read-only mode.

The main question is.. How do I get my mac to recognize my phone???
    I have the stock OTA EA28 update. It keeps saying Error device not found, so I'm guessing it can't see my phone. I know there's a quick fix to this, but what is it? I just can't seem to find this quick fix...
    03-30-2011 11:53 AM
    I have issues with some apps now that I'm rooted. Can I use the un-rooted instructions on page 1 without it affecting 2.2?

In other words, I've followed all the instructions on page 1 to get to 2.2 and now wonder if I can simply un-root and everything else will stay the same or do I need a PC and Odin because it's necessary to go back to 2.1 once un-rooted?
    03-30-2011 12:51 PM
    Using

This is what I get when I try to plug my Fascinate into my mac and run the root program..

Adell-Coulliette-IIIs-MacBook-Pro:Files AdellCoullietteIII$ /1-click-root/Files/root.sh
    Starting installation...
    Copying files...

So, I re-downloaded set cpu and tried to see if it would work and it said that it can't get root access..
    Samsung...
    Galaxy S...
    Verizon Wireless...
    Lockscreen...
    Media Scanner...
    Touch Set CPU...
    Root Access Not Detected
    Set CPU could not obtain root access. Did you allow Set CPU through Superuser Permissions? If you checked Superuser Permissions and SetCPU still cannot get root, there may be an issue with your ROM. Operating in read-only mode.

I have the stock OTA EA28 update. It keeps saying Error device not found, so I'm guessing it can't see my phone. I know there's a quick fix to this, but what is it? I just can't seem to find this quick fix...
    See post #61 in this thread from poodlecrazy4.
    03-30-2011 02:31 PM
    Ok i have tried this but keep getting error: device not found when i try to put in the kernal what do i do now
    03-30-2011 04:57 PM
    I think I might be having the same problem. Did you flash clockworkmod recovery from ROM manager after 1-click-root? I didn't, that is where I think I went wrong. I don't have access to my Mac right now.
    03-30-2011 06:54 PM
    I have issues with some apps now that I'm rooted. Can I use the un-rooted instructions on page 1 without it affecting 2.2?

In other words, I've followed all the instructions on page 1 to get to 2.2 and now wonder if I can simply un-root and everything else will stay the same or do I need a PC and Odin because it's necessary to go back to 2.1 once un-rooted?
    The 1-click-unroot may or may not work on 2.2. My question is why do you want to unroot?
    03-30-2011 07:23 PM
    Using

Starting installation...
    Copying files...

Samsung...
    Galaxy S...
    Verizon Wireless...
    Lockscreen...
    Media Scanner...
    Touch Set CPU...
    Root Access Not Detected

Try the updated 1-click-root with device detection
    03-30-2011 07:24 PM
    Ok i have tried this but keep getting error: device not found when i try to put in the kernal what do i do now
    Root worked?

Make sure your phone is connected properly and try again. If root worked, theres not reason the kernel/cwm would not install
    03-30-2011 07:28 PM
    I think I might be having the same problem. Did you flash clockworkmod recovery from ROM manager after 1-click-root? I didn't, that is where I think I went wrong. I don't have access to my Mac right now.
    Do not use ROM manager to flash anything!!!
    03-30-2011 07:31 PM
    The 1-click-unroot may or may not work on 2.2. My question is why do you want to unroot?
    I've having issues with Mixzing and PowerAmp. In the PowerAmp forum the developer said the issue is a problem with rooted phones. That's the ONLY reason I want to un-root but I don't want to loose 2.2 so that's why I was wondering if I could have my cake and eat it too
    03-31-2011 09:09 AM
    I've having issues with Mixzing and PowerAmp. In the PowerAmp forum the developer said the issue is a problem with rooted phones. That's the ONLY reason I want to un-root but I don't want to loose 2.2 so that's why I was wondering if I could have my cake and eat it too
    Haha gotcha. I'll test it out and let ya know.
    03-31-2011 01:06 PM
    Thanks, I apreciate it.

Also, seems like I read somewhere that there is a Gingerbread rom for the Galaxy S- is it possible to use all your instructions and flash with this rom?
    03-31-2011 02:52 PM
    Thanks, I apreciate it.

Also, seems like I read somewhere that there is a Gingerbread rom for the Galaxy S- is it possible to use all your instructions and flash with this rom?
    Galaxy S is not the phone you have if you have a fascinate. You can try to flash it but it most likely wont work and it will be a heck of a time making your phone functional again, especially without a windows based PC
    03-31-2011 02:54 PM
    I thought the Fascinate was a Verizon branded Galaxy S?
    03-31-2011 06:42 PM
385 ... 89101112 ...