02-24-2016 05:11 PM
385 ... 1213141516
tools
    Thanks I got it working just fine, it just took longer than I was expecting. Thanks for the help.
    04-18-2011 09:45 PM
    When flashing super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip it sticks on Installing Update...
    I've pulled the battery 3 times and it still hasn't worked. It keeps sticking to that. It's been on it for 5 minutes now. Is it supposed to take that long?
    04-19-2011 03:28 AM
    When flashing super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip it sticks on Installing Update...
    I've pulled the battery 3 times and it still hasn't worked. It keeps sticking to that. It's been on it for 5 minutes now. Is it supposed to take that long?
    Just to clarify, are you getting into red recovery?
    04-19-2011 07:24 PM
    Just to clarify, are you getting into red recovery?
    today, well now it was yesterday, i had a VA appointment 100 miles from home so i was testing my gps and phone for signals.. when i drove thru an area that i knew was a Verizon area my phone wouldnt connect.... so i jumped into "Rom Manager" disabled lag fix and tried to get the SC EB01- 292nv in place.. i was in red CWM then next i was in a yellow or poor color yellow, so i flashed on and once finished ,,no signal,, no net work for simple task, and no calls in but i could call out.. it took it awhile to load up so i waited and then it said on screen that the operation was aborted. i got another operation was aborted. so i closed rom manager,, checked out settings and all the words under all icons were in some tribal laaaanguage, So I went to red CWM (no rom manager) and enabled the lag fix 4 times in a row and Re-flashed my SC EB01 292 v back in place. the phone worked in areas that were at one time non usable for signals, darned thing show every curve etc,, the blue arrow tip jumped bout an Inch as we drove on..

I'm writting this down in case anyone else happens to see a yellowish color in ClockWorkMod to not get excited. boot out and use old button oush ti get to red CWM..
    VooDoo really has surprised me after a few months of expermenting.
    04-20-2011 01:17 AM
    is there a setting to make the GPS check faster or in a closer mode???
    if so where can i see this? I did see it once but forgot how i got to it....
    04-20-2011 01:21 AM
    Now that the official Froyo will be coming out tomorrow- how do we go about updating to that if we choose to? Do we do the standard install without it affecting our rooted phones? Or do we need to unroot, or what?
    04-20-2011 04:29 PM
    Now that the official Froyo will be coming out tomorrow- how do we go about updating to that if we choose to? Do we do the standard install without it affecting our rooted phones? Or do we need to unroot, or what?
    I left my phone rooted, put back the bloat I manually removed and the OTA updated just fine. It unrooted my phone of course after it was done. Just ran the OS X 1-click root steps again and it rooted the 2.2 OTA no problem.
    04-21-2011 05:31 PM
    Let me get this right because things have been pretty hazy on these recent roms being released. If you only have access to Mac there is no way to get a full ED01 experience because you cant flash the modem/radio correct? I'm on SC 2.9.2 and would like to update but I don't see any reason to if I don't get the new radio or kernel.
    04-21-2011 06:10 PM
    Let me get this right because things have been pretty hazy on these recent roms being released. If you only have access to Mac there is no way to get a full ED01 experience because you cant flash the modem/radio correct? I'm on SC 2.9.2 and would like to update but I don't see any reason to if I don't get the new radio or kernel.
    If you update OTA it will install the radio and kernel.
    04-21-2011 07:18 PM
    I left my phone rooted, put back the bloat I manually removed and the OTA updated just fine. It unrooted my phone of course after it was done. Just ran the OS X 1-click root steps again and it rooted the 2.2 OTA no problem.
    Thats good to hear 1-click-root still worked on 2.2 OTA. What rom were you running before you updated?
    04-21-2011 07:19 PM
    If you flashed any of the superclean roms you will need to flash back a stock rom of 2.1. I'm gonna work with Droid and make a flashable EB01 rom.
    04-21-2011 07:22 PM
    is there a setting to make the GPS check faster or in a closer mode???
    if so where can i see this? I did see it once but forgot how i got to it....
    Unfortunately, no.
    04-21-2011 07:25 PM
    If you flashed any of the superclean roms you will need to flash back a stock rom of 2.1. I'm gonna work with Droid and make a flashable EB01 rom.
    Sexy. That would be the only way as of now, correct?
    04-21-2011 07:38 PM
    Sexy. That would be the only way as of now, correct?
    Unless you have access to a PC. Pretty much..
    04-21-2011 08:02 PM
    Thats good to hear 1-click-root still worked on 2.2 OTA. What rom were you running before you updated?
    First, thanks for putting together this script I was using the last official update from Verizon. Think it was called DL09 iirc. I wasn't using anything custom like superclean or had cwm loaded.
    04-21-2011 08:20 PM
    Hm, okay so we still don't know if you can go with SC even if un-rooted or if we need rustle up Odin on a PC and go all the way back for the update since Hook33 was already with a official rom.

So Braydon, should we sit tight and see what you come up with?
    04-21-2011 09:08 PM
    04-21-2011 09:15 PM
    Cory Streater prepared a great walk through on this but the link is no longer valid (Rooting Using a Mac (Video Tutorial))

The rooting files are no longer available nor the walk through.

I tried searching all over the forums but could not find any similar walk throughs.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

Jinx
    04-29-2011 01:08 PM
    All available and up to date OSX root files/procedures can be found at the start of this thread.
    04-29-2011 03:32 PM
    So now I am trying to get CWM on my wife's phone which has been updated to 2.2 OTA. I keep getting the following message from the Terminal " /data/local/redbend_ua:: No such file or directory"
    04-30-2011 08:39 PM
    I can only seem to boot into blue recovery
    04-30-2011 09:45 PM
    i've read forum after forum, but i can't figure out what to do. someone, please god help me I just got a replacement fascinate from verizon, ota'd 2.2 onto it, plugged it in, ran 1 click root, then in the middle of the cwm install the power went out and it stopped, and i can't get off of the blue screen recovery nor will it allow me to flash the cwm update.zip i put on the card.. signature verification fail? i'm dying here Thanks in advance!
    05-04-2011 09:12 PM
    I hope to be more active in the forums once I root my device and have more fun with it, but I had a few questions first.

1) I updated to FROYO today, does that affect what instructions I should use rooting my phone? Are there more updated software I should be using?

2) I am using a MAC, so should I just use the instructions in the sticky? I already have Froyo, so does that change anything?

I have been waiting for the new update to root the phone because there is certainly plenty of bloatware courtesy of Verizon, so any help you can provide would be great. I know these posts get old and annoying, but most instructions I have found either do not have it broken down in easy terms, or are for PC.

Thanks for your help!

-BG
    05-06-2011 09:15 PM
    I'm having trouble installing redrecovery. I get the terminal message:

"/data/local/redbend_ua: not found"

Is this because I didn't push that file? Am I supposed to?

Did I mess up a previous step? Rooting was successful. Superuser is installed so I'm assuming that's the case.

Any help would be appreciated!

Oops: same problem just a few posts above. I apologize for the redundancy!
    05-08-2011 09:54 AM
    OK...this forum has been great for a newbie...I am tech savy on a Mac, but this root process has been hell...so this has been great...

I got the official Froyo update via Verizon airways...
    I follow posts 2 and 3, but when I get to four, I am having trouble. I receive this error:

[Macintosh-0016cb919dbc:~/Desktop/1-click-clockworkmod-v1.1/Files] bgiovine% /Users/bgiovine/Desktop/1-click-clockworkmod-v1.1/Files/cwm.sh
    Starting Red Recovery installation...
    3117 KB/s (6253080 bytes in 1.958s)
    /data/local/redbend_ua: not found
    [Macintosh-0016cb919dbc:~/Desktop/1-click-clockworkmod-v1.1/Files] bgiovine%

My specs are:

HV: 1500.04
    Mod: sch-I500
    FW: 2.2.1
    Kernal: 2.6.32.9

I am just looking to get to a spot where I can remove the bloatware and tinker a bit...Superuser appears on my app list and Rom Manager shows I have CMR 3.0.0.8

Am I on the right track or am I still not getting this root thing whatsoever...
    05-09-2011 02:29 AM
385 ... 1213141516