[Guide] Tools and Information for Mac OS X Users - Updated 04/07

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So I got thru a bunch to try and get froyo onto my phone. I was at post #5: How to install zip from recovery. (Froyo, themes, other kernels) ... step #4.

My screen says:
Andriod system recovery <2e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
-for BML-

reboot system now
apply sdacrd:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

under that i have a little andriod guy with a white triangle and an orange ! that say #manual mode#

I tried hitting the back button on apply sdcard:update.zip and reboot system now, and nothing happens.

Thats the stock recovery. Are you sure you ran both CWM.app and Kernel.app in the 1-click? In stock recovery you have to press the home button to select. Try selecting update.zip and see if it loads red recovery.

alpina0560

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
i was finally able to load red recovery, now i just can't seem to find where the ROM is located in my phone. i did the 1-click-pushtosd, dropped in "super_frackenclean_2_9nv" was able to push all the files to my sd card. now i am lost on going into red recovery, and selecting my ROM zip file

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i was finally able to load red recovery, now i just can't seem to find where the ROM is located in my phone. i did the 1-click-pushtosd, dropped in "super_frackenclean_2_9nv" was able to push all the files to my sd card. now i am lost on going into red recovery, and selecting my ROM zip file

was my section on flashing a zip not helpful?

alpina0560

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
no no no no! not not helpful! I just can't seem to find it on my phone, for your example shows tw_clock_package.zip. that isn't coming up on my screen. i've tried clicking on every link available on the "choose a zip to apply" screen and they all say "no file found"

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
no no no no! not not helpful! I just can't seem to find it on my phone, for your example shows tw_clock_package.zip. that isn't coming up on my screen. i've tried clicking on every link available on the "choose a zip to apply" screen and they all say "no file found"

ok so when you turn on your phone, and mount your sdcard you are unable to see the files on card?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah I can see the files on my phone if i go to "my files" ... is that what you are asking?

when you open my files, is do you see the file right away or do you have to enter a folder,,,,the other question do you see it as a .zip file

like franken_clean29.zip

alpina0560

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
there are three main files that i downloaded from the superclean pack..
system - which has xbin (folder), usr (folder), media (folder), seh (folder), sem (folder), tts(folder), lib(folder), framework(folder), fonts(folder), etc(folder), bin(folder), cameradata(folder), app(folder), build.prop, default.prop
meta-inf - which has com/google/andriod/update-script
kernel_update - which has zImage2, zImage, redbend_ua, bmlunlock.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah thats the problem ,,,,when you downloaded superclean, either it opened itself or you opened it,,,but i think it opened itself, i dont remember to keep it zipped on a mac,,,

what you can do is go to your browers, go to android central, go to the superclean file and try to download the file directly from the phone

alpina0560

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
so, as of this morning i finally figured out how to put superclean on my phone, and I'm pretty sure it is working, but when i hit my menu button to go to my settings for the phone...nothing happens?

newBjo3

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Alpina, so you just left your terminal open to this until it worked through the install? ( Sorry, this was for post #178). I am attempting this now and am ending up with the same message.

EDIT

And patience is a virtue. It worked after about 30 seconds of waiting.

To all of you who have posted your insight and assistance, many thanks! It's amazing!

Last edited:

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
so, as of this morning i finally figured out how to put superclean on my phone, and I'm pretty sure it is working, but when i hit my menu button to go to my settings for the phone...nothing happens?

Has it started working? What kernel version is currently on the phone?

etmarcr

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Root my Fascinate on a Mac?

I'm seriously thinking about rooting my Fascinate and don't know much about it. I've read several threads on rooting but most of what I see gives instructions using a PC, with installing drivers & such.

Unless I just haven't found the right place, is there an up-to-date guide with easy step-by-steps for rooting on a Mac, especially with the mounting issues and the workarounds?

Thanks for any help!