[Guide] Tools and Information for Mac OS X Users - Updated 04/07

triple07

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So if I use this method could I still use Odin on a PC to go back to stock if something should go wrong? I have access to a PC but my primary computer is my Mac so I'd like to use it for this task.

triple07

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So I'm having some problems rooting my Fascinate. I've tried a couple times and manually deleted the files moved over for rooting. First off when it says " adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login." Am I supposed to manually restart my phone or do I wait for it to do something? At first I waited for about 15 min and nothing happened so I manually restarted my phone. Then after I did that it waited 30 seconds for my phone to restart and I had to manually tell it when the phone started back up. Then we get to the real problem:
Code:
Mounting system
mount: Operation not permitted
Moving su
failed to copy '/1-click-root-v1.1/Files/rooted/su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
Moving busybox
failed to copy '/1-click-root-v1.1/Files/rooted/busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
Changing permissions on su
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Changing permissions on busybox
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
Installing superuser.apk
240 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.799s)
	pkg: /data/local/tmp/superuser.apk

So what ends up happening is I have Superuser on my phone but whenever I try to do something that requires a rooted phone it tells me my phone is not rooted. Anyone know what the problem here is?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm having some problems rooting my Fascinate. I've tried a couple times and manually deleted the files moved over for rooting. First off when it says " adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login." Am I supposed to manually restart my phone or do I wait for it to do something? At first I waited for about 15 min and nothing happened so I manually restarted my phone. Then after I did that it waited 30 seconds for my phone to restart and I had to manually tell it when the phone started back up. Then we get to the real problem:
Code:
Mounting system
mount: Operation not permitted
Moving su
failed to copy '/1-click-root-v1.1/Files/rooted/su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
Moving busybox
failed to copy '/1-click-root-v1.1/Files/rooted/busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
Changing permissions on su
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Changing permissions on busybox
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
Installing superuser.apk
240 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.799s)
	pkg: /data/local/tmp/superuser.apk

So what ends up happening is I have Superuser on my phone but whenever I try to do something that requires a rooted phone it tells me my phone is not rooted. Anyone know what the problem here is?

sometimes it takes a bit for the exploit process to work i have had people report from 5mins and others up to an hour. if you shut off your phone while it was still in the middle of this process then you probably never got temporary root , which never allowed you to copy the files to where they need to be to fully root...

i suggest you pull the battery out to clear any temp files, then turn it back on and start the rooting process over and if it hangs, go grab a sandwhich and watch americas funniest home videos or something :)

Reactions: Braydon525

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
When flashing super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip it sticks on Installing Update...
I've pulled the battery 3 times and it still hasn't worked. It keeps sticking to that. It's been on it for 5 minutes now. Is it supposed to take that long?

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
When flashing super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip it sticks on Installing Update...
I've pulled the battery 3 times and it still hasn't worked. It keeps sticking to that. It's been on it for 5 minutes now. Is it supposed to take that long?

Just to clarify, are you getting into red recovery?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, are you getting into red recovery?

today, well now it was yesterday, i had a VA appointment 100 miles from home so i was testing my gps and phone for signals.. when i drove thru an area that i knew was a Verizon area my phone wouldnt connect.... so i jumped into "Rom Manager" disabled lag fix and tried to get the SC EB01- 292nv in place.. i was in red CWM then next i was in a yellow or poor color yellow, so i flashed on and once finished ,,no signal,, no net work for simple task, and no calls in but i could call out.. it took it awhile to load up so i waited and then it said on screen that the operation was aborted. i got another operation was aborted. so i closed rom manager,, checked out settings and all the words under all icons were in some tribal laaaanguage, So I went to red CWM (no rom manager) and enabled the lag fix 4 times in a row and Re-flashed my SC EB01 292 v back in place. the phone worked in areas that were at one time non usable for signals, darned thing show every curve etc,, the blue arrow tip jumped bout an Inch as we drove on..

I'm writting this down in case anyone else happens to see a yellowish color in ClockWorkMod to not get excited. boot out and use old button oush ti get to red CWM..
VooDoo really has surprised me after a few months of expermenting.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
is there a setting to make the GPS check faster or in a closer mode???
if so where can i see this? I did see it once but forgot how i got to it....

Mindgrind

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Now that the official Froyo will be coming out tomorrow- how do we go about updating to that if we choose to? Do we do the standard install without it affecting our rooted phones? Or do we need to unroot, or what?

Hook33

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Now that the official Froyo will be coming out tomorrow- how do we go about updating to that if we choose to? Do we do the standard install without it affecting our rooted phones? Or do we need to unroot, or what?

I left my phone rooted, put back the bloat I manually removed and the OTA updated just fine. It unrooted my phone of course after it was done. Just ran the OS X 1-click root steps again and it rooted the 2.2 OTA no problem.

FrankWhite77

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Let me get this right because things have been pretty hazy on these recent roms being released. If you only have access to Mac there is no way to get a full ED01 experience because you cant flash the modem/radio correct? I'm on SC 2.9.2 and would like to update but I don't see any reason to if I don't get the new radio or kernel.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Let me get this right because things have been pretty hazy on these recent roms being released. If you only have access to Mac there is no way to get a full ED01 experience because you cant flash the modem/radio correct? I'm on SC 2.9.2 and would like to update but I don't see any reason to if I don't get the new radio or kernel.

If you update OTA it will install the radio and kernel.

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I left my phone rooted, put back the bloat I manually removed and the OTA updated just fine. It unrooted my phone of course after it was done. Just ran the OS X 1-click root steps again and it rooted the 2.2 OTA no problem.

Thats good to hear 1-click-root still worked on 2.2 OTA. What rom were you running before you updated?

Braydon525

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

If you flashed any of the superclean roms you will need to flash back a stock rom of 2.1. I'm gonna work with Droid and make a flashable EB01 rom.

Hook33

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thats good to hear 1-click-root still worked on 2.2 OTA. What rom were you running before you updated?

First, thanks for putting together this script :cool: I was using the last official update from Verizon. Think it was called DL09 iirc. I wasn't using anything custom like superclean or had cwm loaded.