[Retired][ROM]Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one with Wifi issues. I keep flashing and reinstalling and still my wifi will not connect to my basement wifi but will connect to my upstairs wifi. When I am on stock I am able to connect to both

Well, you can try the eb01 kernels, but truth is, if one works and the other does not...I wouldn't be looking at the phone...

Reactions: ChuckG73

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
when i extract super_frankenclean_2_8nv_final.zip i have one folder kernal-update one folder META-INF and one folder system i extract then go to odin to add sc28nv to my PDA and i cannot find it in my files anywere im kinda confussed i do take a long prosses to the files where i go C/documents and settings/owner/local settings/temp then i look for the file there the only one i see is my 16SC26 md5 and thats all i see the other 3 folders in there but nothing to put onto odin system file is right at 124 mb but its a large ampount of smaller folders inside there that im not getting anywere with any help would b greatly appreciated im not sure were im missing i did make sure i had samsung drivers installed so i think im right on there once again i know its a long one but im just looking to get 2.8 thanks for any help again

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
ok the odin isnt DL properly so i want this zip so once its DL i shouldnt extract just copy to my sdcard the way it is then install from cwm red screen ?

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you PJnc284 that was very simple and very helpful looks like i should b running good to go now just need to put my steelblue theme back on and ill b set thanks again

krunkan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Your mileage may vary but reasons were already put in the FAQ. Please refer to that.
Motivation for changing to the DL09 modem would be to improve battery life (YMMV of course), as the FAQ says, but would making that switch give up some extra functionality that the EB01 modem has?* Or is it going to be mostly indistinguishable? (Side note: The key interest I have is the dummy tether module, but that seems to be dealt with by the EB16 kernel (i.e., the main kernel, not the modem sub-kernel...don't think there is a EB16 modem kernel being used anywhere for Fascinate)).

Let me know if I have it straight, and thanks again guys!

*Please pardon if this is spelled out somewhere...did not see it here or in Sheepdog's post.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just commenting so this will be in my participated on tapatalk.

If one of the big contributors miss an easy question I'll try to catch it and provide an answer!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

TheSuperman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are there any advantages to moving apps to the SD card?

From what I understand, external memory is slower than internal, so why would we do this?

pwostran

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
How do you load the touchwiz launcher in sc. I tried using the eb01_touchwiz.zip with CWM and selecting install zip from SD, it goes through and says install complete, but when the phone reboots no touchwiz. Same goes for the thinkfree.zip. Am i doing it wrong?

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
How do you load the touchwiz launcher in sc. I tried using the eb01_touchwiz.zip with CWM and selecting install zip from SD, it goes through and says install complete, but when the phone reboots no touchwiz. Same goes for the thinkfree.zip. Am i doing it wrong?

Have you tried clearing defaults on the launcher that you're currently using?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

TheSuperman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If I update to 2.8, I'm assuming the icons on the notification bar are still symbols.
How can I get the old bar back, or have a bar that shows words again?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

check your system/app folder, see if its there, also check data/app. the easyest thing to do is use a file manager and extrack the tw launcher and put it in your system/app folder yourself.

also give this a looksie

[APPS] Collection of TW Mods/Improved TW Experience - xda-developers

pwostran

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I went with GOlauncher. I think its better than touchwiz. Anyway I got thinkfree to install just by extracting the apk and installing it. I moved the GOlauncher into system/app and renamed the launcher2.apk to .old It works but when i reboot the theme for GOlauncher goes back to default. Any idea how to fix that

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
We should try and keep generic questions out side of this thread so Adrynalyne can answer ROM specific questions, thats why he opened a new thread,, lets help him help us, please
Are there any advantages to moving apps to the SD card?

From what I understand, external memory is slower than internal, so why would we do this?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheSuperman

kevinbvw

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
not sure if its common or has been discussed yet, but my contacts pictures do not show when in a phone call or on the text screen. they show when you are scrolling thru the contacts list but when you decide on someone to call/text and the screen changes to the in call or text it changes to a droid figure. i changed my txt to go sms and i have contact pics again but still no contact pics during a phone call. ive been keeping track since day one of froyo and this has happened in every sc rom for me except 2.7 which i never tried due to its issues

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech