[How to] Install and Use Clockworkmod Recovery w/Screen captures

will.bates94

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
ok. now i booted back up my phone and was about to do a data reset because i was about to flash a rom now when i tried to go into recovery i got blue recov. again

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok. now i booted back up my phone and was about to do a data reset because i was about to flash a rom now when i tried to go into recovery i got blue recov. again

use odin , again , boot directly into clockwork and go head and flash the rom. if its superclean 2.9 it will hold the red clockwork.....the problem is the stock kernel replaces cwm whenever you reboot

Reactions: mamamor

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
use odin , again , boot directly into clockwork and go head and flash the rom. if its superclean 2.9 it will hold the red clockwork.....the problem is the stock kernel replaces cwm whenever you reboot

And by boot directly into clockwork, DroidXcon means after you flash cwm-all in ODIN, put the battery back in your phone but don't hit the power button. Hold down the volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until you see the samsung logo flash for the second time. As soon as you see the samsung logo for the second time, let go of all three buttons. This will take you directly into red cwm. From here, just follow the instructions from the beginning of this thread to flash whatever ROM you are trying to flash. Where are you trying to get with this? Are you jumping to superclean 2.9?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are going to 2.9 would also probably be a good idea to flash the EB01 modem while you have the battery out and are flashing the cwm-all through ODIN

ipitytheblue

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Very new to this but I was able to root with ABD a few minutes ago, installed Backup Pro, and backed everything up to the SD card.

So, I'm about to install cwm recovery all via Odin and wipe the cache, data, and davlik, right? Then use Odin to flash on a ROM from the Full EB01/EB16 Froyo leak page?

1) When I use cwm to wipe data etc. will my backups will be safe? I mean, that's the point, right?

2) Am I'm attempting to do things in the correct order?

3) After flashing SC 2.9, how do I go about restoring all my data? Will all my apps etc. (including Backup Pro) be there waiting for me?

Sorry to ask all this here but cwm/wiping is next on my list and I didn't want to start asking questions in too many threads.

Thanks in advance!

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm fairly new to all this, but after I flashed over to SC 2.9 all my stuff (sans apps, because I was stupid and didn't do a backup lol) was still there. Meaning my pics, ringtones, etc were all there and I didn't do a backup of any sort. So, I'm more than positive your stuff will all be there when your done. :)

ipitytheblue

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly new to all this, but after I flashed over to SC 2.9 all my stuff (sans apps, because I was stupid and didn't do a backup lol) was still there. Meaning my pics, ringtones, etc were all there and I didn't do a backup of any sort. So, I'm more than positive your stuff will all be there when your done. :)

Did you use cwm to wipe your cache/data etc. before flashing on 2.9 though?

I've seen a couple of these guides recommend that to avoid issues. I'm really curious if flashing those will affect the backup of my data that I created on my SD card (and also, if it will be easy to unpack it all again once I flash 2.9 assuming I wipe first).

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

When you flash all of the stuff on your SD card should be untouched. Flashing only formats internal memory (usually), so apps and stuff go, but the rest stays. Back up programs put all that stuff off to your SD card in a recoverable format.

madduck99

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any luck upgrading to SC 2.9, i have a mac and i used a card reader to upgrade to 2.6 no problem. Should i use Voodoo zip or non Voodoo zip

taglish123

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
CWM All

Hello! I flashed to CWM All and when I hit wipe battery stats, it didn't confirm that it wiped. When I rebooted to recovery, it went straight to red. Is it supposed to say something on the bottom of the screen when I do this like it does when wiping caches? Also, can I delete the zip file from my sd card?

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have SC2.9x by DXC's thread. I flashed cvm all last night via Odin and installed a VCast Videos patch .zip file to my sd card. I followed DXC's instructions on how to install a zip file via red cvm all to the letter. I am able to open VCast Video, but when I go to play a show I get the following message "File has incorrect data" and the show doesn't play.

Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
Thanks, Dave

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I flashed to CWM All and when I hit wipe battery stats, it didn't confirm that it wiped. When I rebooted to recovery, it went straight to red. Is it supposed to say something on the bottom of the screen when I do this like it does when wiping caches? Also, can I delete the zip file from my sd card?

You can't wipe battery stats in cwm. It is not working right now. Follow the instructions in this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...8399-how-discussion-improve-battery-life.html

Reactions: taglish123

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have SC2.9x by DXC's thread. I flashed cvm all last night via Odin and installed a VCast Videos patch .zip file to my sd card. I followed DXC's instructions on how to install a zip file via red cvm all to the letter. I am able to open VCast Video, but when I go to play a show I get the following message "File has incorrect data" and the show doesn't play.

Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
Thanks, Dave

Sorry Dave, I don't have an answer on that one. If I remember correctly, didn't you get that patch directly from Adrynalyne? You may want to post this in his superclean thread to see if he can help. I know it's not a superclean specific problem, but it's better than bogging him down with a bunch of PM's.

Reactions: Dave95b