Verizon Fascinate: Tools and Quick links - PLEASE Read post#1 before posting in this forum

Christx1337

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Rooting my phone is just not working.

I have tried rooting the phone about 10 times now and it gets stuck after the reboot.

The phone reboots and then nothing.

The root cmd window does not list the phone under "connected devices" after I hit a key (once the phone reboots and reconnects to the computer).

I don't understand if I am doing something wrong or what but it's frustrating.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have tried rooting the phone about 10 times now and it gets stuck after the reboot.

The phone reboots and then nothing.

The root cmd window does not list the phone under "connected devices" after I hit a key (once the phone reboots and reconnects to the computer).

I don't understand if I am doing something wrong or what but it's frustrating.

Anyone have any advice?

what method are you trying to use, from what thread?
do you care about losing data?
what are you trying to accomplish , getting froyo or just getting root?

Christx1337

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
the 2 listed on this subforum.
First time root

and the one you posted.

no there is no data that I care about on the phone at this moment.
I would like the phone to be rooted in order to use apps that need it.

And by advice I guess I mean is there a step that people miss a lot or something. Something I could be overlooking.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
the 2 listed on this subforum.
First time root

and the one you posted.

no there is no data that I care about on the phone at this moment.
I would like the phone to be rooted in order to use apps that need it.

And by advice I guess I mean is there a step that people miss a lot or something. Something I could be overlooking.

Just use one of my packages,
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-10-a.html

Jaekar, can you help out im super swamped tonight at work

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Edit: I would suggest using one of his Odin packages if you wish to accomplish this quickly. DXcon - I can help.

Or...
Did you select usb debugging and have the phone on stay awake under Settings> Applications> Development? - that may have been the issue -

Here is a more detailed process in DXcons thread - Link

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Christx1337, Welcome to Android Central. I hope that you are finding the answers to your situation.

I will be watching this thread. Post if you need more assistance.

jessie02

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
unable to chmod /data/local/temp/rage.bin: No Such file exits error when rooting

have looked at all the related threads and still cant find an answer..... Gone all the way back to D101 and still get the error, wiped cache, etc..... using the EZ root method. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
have looked at all the related threads and still cant find an answer..... Gone all the way back to D101 and still get the error, wiped cache, etc..... using the EZ root method. Any ideas? Thanks

Yeah if you have gone back to stock using odin you may aswell use my odin packages like gunner said . But in the future please give more detail so we can help you. Like what the error was

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I am driving myself crazy here. Last evening I successfully rooted my fascinate then somehow accidentally deleted titanium backup which I think triggered something in my phone because now, when i reinstalled TB, it does not recognize my phone as rooted. I have tried 5-6x's today via the steps in this thread to root and it reports to be "successful" and it continues to say "complete", but is not rooted apparently. So I attempt to troubleshoot using "adb" in cmd and is says that it is not recognizable. Then I try to copy and paste the location directly into the end of the value table in environmental variables and I still cant locate adb. I am so lost and frustrtated and any help would be great.

moofilebot

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
So I'm not sure if this is covered but I'm running into some issues trying to unroot. I did a few goofy things along the way so I hope you can follow along:

1. rooted the phone and have superuser installed w supacleans initial dl09 via odin.
2. usb function ceases to work but figured I'd use dropbox so i didn't bother trying to find a fix.
3. tried to unroot(was going to bring it in to verizon for an exchange because of a damaged volume rocker) and i didn't have a pc handy. I download z4 root to try to unroot. worked but not so much.
4. phone indicates that it has been unrooted BUT superuser is still there.
5. now i have access to a pc. trying to use odin once again but detects the phone as a cd drive so it doesn't show up on odin. Once in a while odin will detect it but only with the battery installed(any problems with running odin/flashing with battery still in?)

So now, how can I unroot and take it back to stock? trying to update superuser(will this help me unroot?) but automatic update failed.

any help is appreciated. At this point, Im no longer taking it back to verizon but just want a clean install of having root. Phone functions as normal otherwise.

*edit - I've also tried rooting again so i can unroot but am unable to do so. using z4(easiest method but obviously not as consistant) since I am just starting to learn but z4 continues to not respond.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I'm not sure if this is covered but I'm running into some issues trying to unroot. I did a few goofy things along the way so I hope you can follow along:

1. rooted the phone and have superuser installed w supacleans initial dl09 via odin.
2. usb function ceases to work but figured I'd use dropbox so i didn't bother trying to find a fix.
3. tried to unroot(was going to bring it in to verizon for an exchange because of a damaged volume rocker) and i didn't have a pc handy. I download z4 root to try to unroot. worked but not so much.
4. phone indicates that it has been unrooted BUT superuser is still there.
5. now i have access to a pc. trying to use odin once again but detects the phone as a cd drive so it doesn't show up on odin. Once in a while odin will detect it but only with the battery installed(any problems with running odin/flashing with battery still in?)

So now, how can I unroot and take it back to stock? trying to update superuser(will this help me unroot?) but automatic update failed.

any help is appreciated. At this point, Im no longer taking it back to verizon but just want a clean install of having root. Phone functions as normal otherwise.

put it in download mode while its plugged in and pull out the battery it will remain in download mode

moofilebot

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks DroidXcon, will try that right now.

* duh forgot to ask, how can i put it into download mode while it's still on? is there another way to get into download mode other than, battery out, plug usb, vol down and power button? (oops, that's not dwnload mode at all, volume down only)

edit 2: as of right now, phone is plugged in w battery. odin shows that the phone is connected but it doesn't show in win explorer. can i continue with odin method of reflashing?

*edit 3: k, unable to get it into download mode. computer says usb drive not recognized if i plug the phone in with without the battery into download mode. doesn't show up in odin either.

Last edited:

moofilebot

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
cl36,

I have, same issue. It appears that regardless of which port I use windows proceeds to install drivers to what appears to be for a mobile device then after all that's done, still shows up as a cdrom.

Will try another computer altogether for now cl36. Thanks

*edit: success!! Tried it on a diff system and worked right on boot up after driver install. Stocked, now ready for some froyo luvin'. Thanks again for the help guys!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12