Verizon Fascinate: Tools and Quick links - PLEASE Read post#1 before posting in this forum

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
ok...so I did all of the instructions twice from post #4....i get to superuser already exists failed....titanium backup says im not rooted....how do i get rid of the existing superuser?

cl36

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ok...so I did all of the instructions twice from post #4....i get to superuser already exists failed....titanium backup says im not rooted....how do i get rid of the existing superuser?

why didnt you try one of the odin packages that droidxcon and i suggested in posts #34 and #35?

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a " What to do after root " thread? I'm running a DroidXcon 2.9.2 superclean package and don't know what to do next ?

Dave95b

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Can I return to stock just using my cell or do I have to be connected to a computer? I already have Red CWM on my cell. From what I've seen in the threads only covers being connected to a computer. Thanks

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I need help Unrooting

Hi all,

I feel as if I've gotten myself too deep w/ rooting my phone, and have decided the process is just not my thing.

I want to remove the root entirely (superuser and all). Can someone help me get back my basic locked down Verizon fascinate? I'm still in 2.1 (EA28).

I've been thumbing through the threads and having trouble finding what I need to know. Instructions or directions to instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...eturn-stock-remove-system-apps-other-how.html

Instructions to unroot are in the post above.

TapATalkin From My SuperClean ComaVolt Kernel Fascinate

I was moved over to this thread, Thanks though!

Now that i'm in the right place, i'm still having trouble unrooting.

The one click unroot i downloaded from above looks identical to one click root...Is this how it is supposed to be?

I attempted to run the START_ROOT, just like I did to get root. This went all the way through until it said "complete."

I tried doing to CMD paste in commands, but this isn't working (it's saying adb is not recognized, as well as cannot find the path).

Help?

Last edited:

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was moved over to this thread, Thanks though!

Now that i'm in the right place, i'm still having trouble unrooting.

The one click unroot i downloaded from above looks identical to one click root...Is this how it is supposed to be?

I attempted to run the START_ROOT, just like I did to get root. This went all the way through until it said "complete."

I tried doing to CMD paste in commands, but this isn't working (it's saying adb is not recognized, as well as cannot find the path).

Help?

Does not sound like you are in the right place or getting the right files. Start at post number 9. Direct link to post number 9 for returning to stock here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-remove-system-apps-other-how.html#post700171

You dont want to run START_ROOT and should not be in ADB. You want to use ODIN and flash the DI01 files listed in post #9. Please read all of the steps starting at this post and collect the correct files.

*EDIT**

For reference you want to read from Post #9 to Post #11. These are the posts that return you to stock. Read all of this before proceeding. If you have any questions ask before doing anything. If you understand it download the files and follow the directions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Z

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Does not sound like you are in the right place or getting the right files. Start at post number 9. Direct link to post number 9 for returning to stock here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-remove-system-apps-other-how.html#post700171

You dont want to run START_ROOT and should not be in ADB. You want to use ODIN and flash the DI01 files listed in post #9. Please read all of the steps starting at this post and collect the correct files.

Thanks Suicide,

I was following post #6 in this thread. I had one click rooted, so I assumed that was the correct process to unroot. Sheepdog also told me to flash DI01. Is this the only way to unroot?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Suicide,

I was following post #6 in this thread. I had one click rooted, so I assumed that was the correct process to unroot. Sheepdog also told me to flash DI01. Is this the only way to unroot?

To my knowledge yes. It is the easiest best way to bring your phone back to stock.

I have used these steps when wanting to start over fresh. You will get to DI01 then you can either wait for your phone to to run an Over The Air (OTA) update or go into your settings >> About Phone and start the process manually. This will then get the latest from Verizon and set you back to EA28 etc..

SoSoFresh

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah but its best if it is disabled,,,, if you dont you may have to flash twice to get your internal storage back
Thanks. Basically I am giving this phone to a friend and she is just going to be fine with the touchwiz/stock experience. So disabling lagfix forever, doing your steps would be the way to go and then she "should" be able to do OTAs as they come and I dont have to be her tech assistant every time one rolls out. Right?
How did you get Voodoo5 enabled? I thought that was for the i9000 Fascinate?
I have a old version of super clean.. I know I have the voodoo lag fix maybe it is not 5. I have not been keeping up with root stuff for a long long time now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca