Verizon Fascinate: Tools and Quick links - PLEASE Read post#1 before posting in this forum

mhawk71

May 4, 2011
Visit site
i just got a fascinate and am new to all this switched from a blackberrry. i downloaded the 2.2 update i was gonna root with the 1 click but i dont have the stay awake option under development and ive been reading alot of the info but now ive read so much im confused lol

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
i just got a fascinate and am new to all this switched from a blackberrry. i downloaded the 2.2 update i was gonna root with the 1 click but i dont have the stay awake option under development and ive been reading alot of the info but now ive read so much im confused lol

Follow post 5 in the thread. It works with Froyo.

Reactions: mhawk71

Chadwicky

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
YOU ROCK. I'm glad you included the screenshot because I was worried considering I received the failure regarding the Superuser app -- this is because I had previously rooted before updated to 2.2 OTA, which removed my root. :D

Surbus

May 13, 2011
Visit site
when I try to do this it seems like its working but I get this at the end
** Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
es
mount: Operation not permitted
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file syste
m
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file
system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
* Restarting your phone now.
Press any key to continue . . .

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
when I try to do this it seems like its working but I get this at the end
** Successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp fil
es
mount: Operation not permitted
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: read-only file syste
m
/data/local/tmp/com.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: read-only file
system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system
* Restarting your phone now.
Press any key to continue . . .

just follow post 5 to root if your already on froyo.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
have looked at all the related threads and still cant find an answer..... Gone all the way back to D101 and still get the error, wiped cache, etc..... using the EZ root method. Any ideas? Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I'm coming from the stock ED03.

(I've had some problems with Force Close errors on the other de-bloated versions of stock Froyo, so I'd like to root ED03, rather than flashing a new package.)

gorillaboze

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I followed the instruction on page 1 to:
(1) root my phone
(2) downloaded Titanium backup and root explorer
(3) rename bloatware using root explorer

Now what? do i keep it rooted or do I need to un-root it? Do I need to do anything else or will my phone function like it did before.

Thanks for the excellent instructions and the help!
-Chad

deraildup

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm a novice. However, I had my fascinate rooted then upgraded to the droid os 2.1.1, then the root didnt work although the su was showing it was there. I have recently upgraded to the 2.2.1 osc buld # SCH-I500-ED01 I would like to have my root back. but I have no clue where to begin. Also the su is still showing in my aps. Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I followed the instruction on page 1 to:
(1) root my phone
(2) downloaded Titanium backup and root explorer
(3) rename bloatware using root explorer

Now what? do i keep it rooted or do I need to un-root it? Do I need to do anything else or will my phone function like it did before.

Thanks for the excellent instructions and the help!
-Chad

Keep it rooted, it will function like before but also likely better & faster since you will not have the bloat

Sent from the shark tank using Tapatalk

Reactions: gorillaboze

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a novice. However, I had my fascinate rooted then upgraded to the droid os 2.1.1, then the root didnt work although the su was showing it was there. I have recently upgraded to the 2.2.1 osc buld # SCH-I500-ED01 I would like to have my root back. but I have no clue where to begin. Also the su is still showing in my aps. Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Follow the steps in post #5 of this thread

Sent from the shark tank using Tapatalk

frogray66

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm doing everything quickly but this doesn't seem to be working. I am getting an error message about a "chmod" file that can't be located. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm doing everything quickly but this doesn't seem to be working. I am getting an error message about a "chmod" file that can't be located. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

If you are following the steps in post #3, those won't work on Froyo. Why make things more difficult, keep it simple - follow the steps in post #5, easy peasy quick and easy.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Landshark.

I have read a lot about different ROMS and clockwork, do I need to worry about these? I really have no idea what they are.

Read this to get you started on understanding some of this:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...nate-beginners-rooting-read-me-3-17-11-a.html

Then read this:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...irst-time-rooting-walk-through-4-28-11-a.html

Then read this to learn about clockwork:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

This will give you a lot of good info to answer your questions. As you read the first few posts in each thread and you have questions, post the questions in that thread to get the best answers.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site