Thinking of going back to stock

bootsdodgejn

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok well ill do that all in a lil when im not needing my phone

Now should I restore my apps with or with out data on TB. After I do the flashing or just apps

Sent using my Froyo Fascinate

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What does the 2.9.1 patch do?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Copied this from the super clean thread-
---------------------------------------------
2.9.1 patch (Requires 2.9, DO NOT FLASH IF YOU WANT TO KEEP LOCKSCREEN MUSIC CONTROLS!!!)

--Tweaked the GPS in an attempt at faster locking.
--Removed aosp and rotary music controls as there were crashes and random reboots reported (for me as well).
--Added media scanner tweak scripts. Run from adb shell or terminal emulator (with su)
fast_media disables system scanning
default_media puts it back to default
Both will reboot you after running.
Note: if you wipe while fast_media has been set, you will lose your ringtones and media sounds until you set default_media.
-------------------------------

Basically this is a fix for some problems that are strikingly similar to what is mentioned in the OP.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok well ill do that all in a lil when im not needing my phone

Now should I restore my apps with or with out data on TB. After I do the flashing or just apps

if you are going to flash superclean then restore after

just apps is usually best ,,but if you are going to restore data make sure you do not restore system data

Reactions: bootsdodgejn

bootsdodgejn

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
if you are going to flash superclean then restore after

just apps is usually best ,,but if you are going to restore data make sure you do not restore system data

Ok thank you so much. Im deff thanking u when I get home. Ill let yall know how it goes

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So this may not be the time or place or whatever, but I always restore apps and system data, and it never causes me any problems that I've been able to discern. It's how I get my text messages, call log, and other essentials back. If there's any consistent problems with using it please feel free to inform me, because if there is then I'm the freak juggernaut against whatever problems it might cause. I've never suffered the sleep of death, which is the only issue I've heard may be caused by app+system data

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It's probably because all the ROMs you've flashed are touchwiz based and so similar they don't conflict. If you restored system data to an AOSP ROM without a problem I'd be surprised. Just generally considered poor flashing forme. It doesn't hurt you try, if you have a problem, wipe again and start over. Personally I don't consider any of that stuff worth saving.

Now for the other end of the spectrum, lol. I format/"fix-all" between almost all ROM flashes and I don't waste any time troubleshooting :) clean slate ftw!

bootsdodgejn

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok now I can't get past cwm blue. I never deleted anything related to that on my sd card. only think I deleted was the SC's and theams. I'm going reload update.zip and everything else to make double check. But I thought id just keep yall informed

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's probably because all the ROMs you've flashed are touchwiz based and so similar they don't conflict. If you restored system data to an AOSP ROM without a problem I'd be surprised. Just generally considered poor flashing forme. It doesn't hurt you try, if you have a problem, wipe again and start over. Personally I don't consider any of that stuff worth saving.

Now for the other end of the spectrum, lol. I format/"fix-all" between almost all ROM flashes and I don't waste any time troubleshooting :) clean slate ftw!

I usually run either stock or super clean. All of my stuff seems to cross over just fine. Not a fan of aosp for the most part though. I guess everyone has a slightly different flashing style though. Good to know I guess.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh got it all working. I did not restore system data. We shall see how this goes.

Are you running 2.9 now? You should boot directly to cwm red instead of blue now. If for some odd reason you boot to blue first, just leave it on the blue screen, pull battery and flash cwm-all in ODIN MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service, put battery back in, don't power on phone, boot directly to recovery by holding volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until samsung logo flashes twice. As soon as you see samsung for the second time, let go of all three buttons and you should go directly to red. Then you can reboot phone and will boot directly to red whenever you go to recovery. Minimal chance you will go to blue first after flashing 2.9, but I wanted to give you this info in case it does.

bootsdodgejn

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you running 2.9 now? You should boot directly to cwm red instead of blue now. If for some odd reason you boot to blue first, just leave it on the blue screen, pull battery and flash cwm-all in ODIN MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service, put battery back in, don't power on phone, boot directly to recovery by holding volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until samsung logo flashes twice. As soon as you see samsung for the second time, let go of all three buttons and you should go directly to red. Then you can reboot phone and will boot directly to red whenever you go to recovery. Minimal chance you will go to blue first after flashing 2.9, but I wanted to give you this info in case it does.

yes i am running 2.9. yea i figured out the cwm-all odin after looking around. and yes i did need it.

Reactions: Landshark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2