If not Titanium Backup, then what do you use to backup?

xairrick

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In the http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/65948-rom-superclean-2-9-1-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html post it says not to use titanium backup because it might cause problems.

I've been using without problem (that i know of). I don't want to continue to rely on it if it's going to cause problems when I flash a new ROM.

How are others backing up data and restoring apps (when have a lot of them)?

btw I know about SMS Backup, but I also read it doesn't backup MMS :-(

Adrynalyne doesn't say not to use titanium backup. His advice is to not restore system data through titanium backup. Just use the option of restoring missing aps + data. Or you can do like I did and look at MyBackup Pro. Read up on it. It says it backs up everything - apps, contacts, texts, data.

Reactions: xairrick

mer7

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit different because I don't really have any apps that I care about whether or not they lose their data, so I've been really loving that market.android.com works as advertised. All of your previously downloaded apps show up. It does take a bit of time clicking on the apps on your computer, but they download REALLY fast to your phone. and you might realize that you don't use all of your apps as you are going through the list.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As was previously stated, just don't backup/restore EVERYTHING. Only the stuff you want/need. I tell Titanium to backup all user apps, then select a few from the manual list that hold settings like wifi, contacts, sms, etc. I then have it scheduled to backup all new apps + newer versions every night, and redo all of my backups every other day. This way, I can completely wipe my phone for a new ROM or to fix an issue, go to the market (or in my case, the apk on my sd card) and reinstall TiBu, and restore missing apps + data. Everything is back to the way it was. Perfect.

Reactions: berdinkerdickle

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As was previously stated, just don't backup/restore EVERYTHING. Only the stuff you want/need. I tell Titanium to backup all user apps, then select a few from the manual list that hold settings like wifi, contacts, sms, etc. I then have it scheduled to backup all new apps + newer versions every night, and redo all of my backups every other day. This way, I can completely wipe my phone for a new ROM or to fix an issue, go to the market (or in my case, the apk on my sd card) and reinstall TiBu, and restore missing apps + data. Everything is back to the way it was. Perfect.

I like the thinking here! I'm a little lazy for all the manual restore so I just launch the whole shooting match back in, but that can cause problems.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the scheduled backups feature of TBu and it's working well. Very convenient.

I haven't tried any other backup programs because I'm very satisfied with TBu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca