my contacts app disappeared

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry we've kind of abandoned the forums for a while everyone, but it's for the greater good in the long run

LakerFam0824

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I to have just ran into this problem... running SC2.9.1 SteelBlue from BigLoof over at the xda I have been running this from since 2.4 I have had my phone pretty much set for bout a week. Was having fc issues with Launcher Pro so I stopped using it. The only thing I did right before my phone decided to reboot and not only lose my contacts but also my calendar was put juice defender widget on one of my home screens. Also I was running themed Pandora without commercials...any thoughts gentlemen?

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what could have caused them to disappear on ya but you can easily find the files in the SC 2.9 zip and put them back. Extract Contacts.apk and TouchWizCalendar.apk from the system\app folder of the zip, copy to your SD card, then copy to the /system/app folder of your phone with a root file explorer. If they're already there, just replace em because they're obviously not working right. Reboot and you're good.

Reactions: Landshark

LakerFam0824

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what could have caused them to disappear on ya but you can easily find the files in the SC 2.9 zip and put them back. Extract Contacts.apk and TouchWizCalendar.apk from the system\app folder of the zip, copy to your SD card, then copy to the /system/app folder of your phone with a root file explorer. If they're already there, just replace em because they're obviously not working right. Reboot and you're good.

Not so good shortly after I posted my question my phone decided to reboot on its own again and this time into safe mode... not even sure what that is and then it all started force closing everything!! So wiped everything and restored my back up from last week. Rebooted and now the phone is really messed up... Thinking that I prolly should do what gunnermike53 said to do in post #4... Just a little leery on the whole formatting everything on the mounts and storage screen in cwm red.

So if someone could tell me that everything will be cool and i wont lose the whole OS of the phone that would be great!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Not so good shortly after I posted my question my phone decided to reboot on its own again and this time into safe mode... not even sure what that is and then it all started force closing everything!! So wiped everything and restored my back up from last week. Rebooted and now the phone is really messed up... Thinking that I prolly should do what gunnermike53 said to do in post #4... Just a little leery on the whole formatting everything on the mounts and storage screen in cwm red.

So if someone could tell me that everything will be cool and i wont lose the whole OS of the phone that would be great!

There may be away out of this without a major deep clean. If you have a copy of your base ROM (SC 2.9,or other) on your sd card.. Boot into recovery - clear your Dalvik cache, and your cache partition.. reinstall your base ROM.

Once you get a fresh flash on board... you should be able to reboot without any loss of data or apps. - DO NOT try to flash a theme or any other app in the same flash session. This will cause the same event to take place.

Let the phone fully boot and then do a fresh back up of the rom.

LakerFam0824

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There may be away out of this without a major deep clean. If you have a copy of your base ROM (SC 2.9,or other) on your sd card.. Boot into recovery - clear your Dalvik cache, and your cache partition.. reinstall your base ROM.

Once you get a fresh flash on board... you should be able to reboot without any loss of data or apps. - DO NOT try to flash a theme or any other app in the same flash session. This will cause the same event to take place.

Let the phone fully boot and then do a fresh back up of the rom.

I am still getting force closes I cleared dalvik cache and cache partition I even wiped data reset cuz i figured what would it hurt at worst i could restore with TB. The force close happens real quick and doesn't even stay on the screen so i don't know what is even causing the problem. Suggestions??

I don't care if i have to do a deep wipe... i have just never done that before and i just wanna make sure i am not doing it right so a point into the right direction would be greatly appreciated... thanx!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Deep clean involves a flash of Odin and a clearing of all data on the phone setting it back to stock... Please check out this thread. - > link..

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I am still getting force closes I cleared dalvik cache and cache partition I even wiped data reset cuz i figured what would it hurt at worst i could restore with TB. The force close happens real quick and doesn't even stay on the screen so i don't know what is even causing the problem. Suggestions??

I don't care if i have to do a deep wipe... i have just never done that before and i just wanna make sure i am not doing it right so a point into the right direction would be greatly appreciated... thanx!

Quick question: You are reflashing the base ROM when after you clear the caches right?

LakerFam0824

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Likely looking at a deep clean/wipe with full Odin package. - Return to stock. - Link

Thats what i ended up doing.. no more fc when the phone boots up. Got all the apps back and all seems good (think i will stay away from launcher pro, though i really like it). Gonna try to reflash steel blue theme tomorrow (er later this morning while at work). This forum has turned me into a sleep deprived froyo junkie!!

thanx froyo help JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Thats what i ended up doing.. no more fc when the phone boots up. Got all the apps back and all seems good (think i will stay away from launcher pro, though i really like it). Gonna try to reflash steel blue theme tomorrow (er later this morning while at work). This forum has turned me into a sleep deprived froyo junkie!!

thanx froyo help JaeKar99

Glad it worked out well for you.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have absolutly no problems after installing SC 2.9.1 after a deep clean. Have not installed any theme and it works beautifully. Just had 1 random restart over the past coupld days but thats nothing compared to have 4-5 random reboots in a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34