thought i would post this here for fascinate users... i installed it on my phone and everything works except for the video... you can still manage your queue, which is useful. and if there are any experienced linux users, maybe they can take a crack at deodexing the failed files so video will stream... there has got to be away around netflix's drm restrictions... you still have to have an account to view video, so why or how would anyone steal pirated videos when the can watch all they want for free... hmm

You can check out the app yourself here ( Netflix for Android APK Leaked | Android Phone Fans ) and see some screenshots below. Be sure to let us know if you can get some content to actually stream

One Twitter user claims it works on the Fascinate, but it doesnt on mine. Most users say the app installs just fine and things work, but no content will stream.
    03-19-2011 10:24 AM
    AFAIK, content won't stream because of a hardware conflict. Mr. Hildenbrand (gbhil) says Netflix is working with Qualcomm to manufacture this into their hardware, so only future devices will have full functionality.
    bear_lx likes this.
    03-19-2011 10:55 AM
    AFAIK, content won't stream because of a hardware conflict. Mr. Hildenbrand (gbhil) says Netflix is working with Qualcomm to manufacture this into their hardware, so only future devices will have full functionality.
    adry said it has something to do with hardware drm. i would still think there would be a way to work around that.
    03-19-2011 11:01 AM
    If anyone can work around that sort of thing, it's Android devs!
    03-19-2011 11:04 AM
    That is correct, but for some reason I continue to hang on!

The very fragmentation of the Android platform has created challenges for Netflix in creating a mobile app. According to Greg Peters (of Netflix product development), there's no one common way to set up security and digital rights management for all Android devices in one shot. As a result, the company has been forced to work with each individual Android device maker to build in the necessary DRM technology. That means only certain Android users will be the first in line to get Netflix, though one recent development may also help speed things up a bit. Last month, Qualcomm announced that its new Snapdragon platform will include both the hardware and the DRM protection needed to stream content from Netflix. That won't help owners of older Android devices but should ensure that newer handsets, such as the Revolution, are capable of delivering Netflix to their users...
    03-19-2011 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD