Launcher Pro and EB01 S.C. 2.9.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
well, now ...I just went back to root explorer, and that com.fede.launcher folder is still there? maybe I deleted something else the 1st time?

No, mine comes back too because I haven't completely gotten rid of the AOSP launcher that comes with superclean. Try it again and see if that takes care of the back button problem.

Reactions: sup3rchi3f

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
SON OF A......I'm posting too many times. I'm forgetting where I've posted what information. When you changed the shortcut before did you do it like I described? If not, do it that way and if it doesn't work on first try, reboot phone right after that try. See if that completes the change.

Ok, after rebooting, backing out of contacts is taking me back to my home screen instead of messaging ...that folder is still in root mangr through ...oh well, it's working

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, after rebooting, backing out of contacts is taking me back to my home screen instead of messaging ...that folder is still in root mangr through ...oh well, it's working

yeah, like I said the folder comes back because that launcher is part of superclean. Deleting the folder seems to be needed to get LP to start accepting and saving changes. After that you should be good. You may need to do that again after flashing a new ROM. I can't remember if I've had to delete those fede folders every time I flash a new ROM or not.

Bad Bimr

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
go into the app drawer and to get out of it hit the home button. You should get a prompt asking which program you want to complete the action with. At the bottom will be an option you can check to make this the default choice. Check that, then click on LP

That's not what I meant. I mean remove the AOSP launcher all-together and replace it with the LP launcher.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's not what I meant. I mean remove the AOSP launcher all-together and replace it with the LP launcher.

After you download LP, you should be able to use Root Explorer or Astro and go into the system/app folder and delete the launcher or launche2 apk files, I can't remember which one it is but there will only be one of those there, then go into the folders listed below to delete the com.fede.launcher files
data=>data=>com.fede.launcher
dbdata=>databases=>com.fede.launcher

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I really like LP but I just downloaded Go Launcher and got it set up. I like it so far. It shares a lot of features with LP and seems to be working smoothly. Hopefully it won't be a battery hog. For now I'll use that instead of LP and see how it goes.

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I flashed a bootanimation for the 1st time a couple days ago and now everytime I reboot, my clock/weather widget is gone ..it only takes about 20secs for me to set it up they I had it but just wantd to see if any one had that problem or know a fix ...I'm on sc2.9.1, LPP and VA Green

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I flashed a bootanimation for the 1st time a couple days ago and now everytime I reboot, my clock/weather widget is gone ..it only takes about 20secs for me to set it up they I had it but just wantd to see if any one had that problem or know a fix ...I'm on sc2.9.1, LPP and VA Green

After you reboot are you restoring your LP homescreen settings? If so, that does not restore widgets. If it is happening simply after a reboot, I've never heard of that. I will have to do some digging. Which boot animation did you flash? That will help me trying to recreate the problem. I'm also wondering if it is a problem with a conflict with the boot animation included with the theme.

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
After you reboot are you restoring your LP homescreen settings? If so, that does not restore widgets. If it is happening simply after a reboot, I've never heard of that. I will have to do some digging. Which boot animation did you flash? That will help me trying to recreate the problem. I'm also wondering if it is a problem with a conflict with the boot animation included with the theme.

simply after a reboot, I don't restore or do anything else ...as soon as I unlock my screen after I reboot there's like a widget thing where my bw was that says "Please remove and re-add this widget for the upgrade, thank you!" (Long press on me and drag me to the trash)

I have the android peeing on apple hd graphics

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
simply after a reboot, I don't restore or do anything else ...as soon as I unlock my screen after I reboot there's like a widget thing where my bw was that says "Please remove and re-add this widget for the upgrade, thank you!" (Long press on me and drag me to the trash)

I have the android peeing on apple hd graphics

It seems like there have been a lot of issues popping up on reboot for people i.e. things disappearing, or settings changing. Have you gone through the process of fixing permissions? If not, download the Android Terminal Emulator from the market, then click on the blue texted link in my signature to go to DroidXcon's clockwork thread and follow the instructions in post #7 to fix permissions. Hopefully that helps.

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It seems like there have been a lot of issues popping up on reboot for people i.e. things disappearing, or settings changing. Have you gone through the process of fixing permissions? If not, download the Android Terminal Emulator from the market, then click on the blue texted link in my signature to go to DroidXcon's clockwork thread and follow the instructions in post #7 to fix permissions. Hopefully that helps.

followed Xcon's steps and the widget is still missing on bootup...not a big deal, as I don't do a lot of rebooting & it only takes a few secs to set up the widget ..everything else is running smoothly

Thanks for the suggestion

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
followed Xcon's steps and the widget is still missing on bootup...not a big deal, as I don't do a lot of rebooting & it only takes a few secs to set up the widget ..everything else is running smoothly

Thanks for the suggestion

The fix permissions issue seems to be pervasive. So many problems popping up.. Thanks Landshark..

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The fix permissions issue seems to be pervasive. So many problems popping up.. Thanks Landshark..

yeah, the devs are doing the best they can, but without source, there is only so much they can do. im jumping up and down like a little girl waiting for adrys and tdb's next release. its gonna be awsome.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So then the obvious question is going to be, once the Fascinate Froyo source code is released, are we going to see even further improvements since it will be the source code specific to our phones?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
yeah, the devs are doing the best they can, but without source, there is only so much they can do. im jumping up and down like a little girl waiting for adrys and tdb's next release. its gonna be awsome.

So then the obvious question is going to be, once the Fascinate Froyo source code is released, are we going to see even further improvements since it will be the source code specific to our phones?

I really hope the Mesmerize code helps. I know p.k is working up a new kernel... It would be really cool not to recommend 'fix permissions' for almost every error that pops up but that seems to be 'duct tape' fix for many issues right now.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I really hope the Mesmerize code helps. I know p.k is working up a new kernel... It would be really cool not to recommend 'fix permissions' for almost every error that pops up but that seems to be 'duct tape' fix for many issues right now.

Ha ha! Duct tape fixes everything.
So does flashing the latest ROM according to Gunner. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol