10-26-2013 04:34 AM
1,056 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Yeah, I have the edify CWM. I keep getting an error something like 'cant open (bad)', install aborted.

Ive wiped and rewiped...tried flashing several times...nothing.
    Ive been running on MIUIwiz for a good week now and liking it a lot.

Try to redownload the zip and see what happens when you try to flash it through CWM again.
    05-20-2011 10:19 PM
    Yeah, I have the edify CWM. I keep getting an error something like 'cant open (bad)', install aborted.

Ive wiped and rewiped...tried flashing several times...nothing.
    redownload might just be bad download. Make sure to read the OP.
    05-20-2011 10:20 PM
    redownload might just be bad download. Make sure to read the OP.
    I am almost confident its a bad download. Its too "quick", if you know what I mean. I click download, and less than 3 secs, its done. Any mirrors out there that you know of? File size says 33KB on my end. That cant be right!?

EDIT: found a mirror and redownloaded. 187MB, so yeah, it was a bad download for sure!! GOING TO FLASH!! WISH ME LUCK!!

EDIT 2: does this come preinstalled with a decent kernel? or at least a compatible kernel period or will I need to flash one? The kernels is still where I am completely lost. Im getting a little more confident on the ROMs.
    05-20-2011 10:56 PM
    I am almost confident its a bad download. Its too "quick", if you know what I mean. I click download, and less than 3 secs, its done. Any mirrors out there that you know of? File size says 33KB on my end. That cant be right!?
    Redownload it again....your trying to download MIUIWIZ correct? here is a link to his multiupload there is a bunch of mirrors there http://www.multiupload.com/23O4LTDBH8 ....Read the OP here please...[ROM][5.18.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz (no its not aosp miui) - xda-developers the download is in the second post. Good luck. Let me know...btw its 187MB
    05-20-2011 11:03 PM
    Redownload it again....your trying to download MIUIWIZ correct? here is a link to his multiupload there is a bunch of mirrors there Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! ....Read the OP here please...[ROM][5.18.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz (no its not aosp miui) - xda-developers the download is in the second post. Good luck. Let me know...btw its 187MB

BEFORE I do this...is this lagfix enabled, or do I have to disable first? I read the OP and didnt see anything stating either way?

EDIT: NEVERMIND...I reread the OP, and it PLAINLY states voodoo kernel included!! MY BAD GUYS!!
    05-20-2011 11:13 PM
    As Im sure you have already read thru the OP on XDA...there seems to be tons of this same issue. If you are wanting to get back to ED01, this link is BY FAR the easiest and quickest way, then try flashing again. I think Im gonna wait a little longer on trying this ROM. Im still not THAT comfy with how to fix issues or get out of loops or crashes just yet. CommRom is my safety net at this point!!

Hope this helps some!
    Yes I was over at XDA, but couldn't post because I too am a newbie there lol.

Worked for me the second time around, and I'm glad it did because I'm really loving this rom. Not sure if when flashing to CWM 3.0 you have to manually enable lagfix, because the first time around it wasn't enabled, and I'd like to think that's why I had a faulty flash. Second time around I made sure it was enabled, booted, went back to CWM 3.0, triple wiped everything, then flashed the rom and it worked like a charm.

Anyone know how to delete extra screens? I had 5, now I magically have 6 and don't want that many.
    05-20-2011 11:26 PM
    BEFORE I do this...is this lagfix enabled, or do I have to disable first? I read the OP and didnt see anything stating either way?

EDIT: NEVERMIND...I reread the OP, and it PLAINLY states voodoo kernel included!! MY BAD GUYS!!
    So your up and running now? Im glad it worked for you!
    shoestring789 likes this.
    05-20-2011 11:32 PM
    I hope it worked for him, because geez it took me FOREVER to get this up and running. Worth it though, this rom is awesome!
    05-20-2011 11:35 PM
    So your up and running now? Im glad it worked for you!
    YES SIR...Im up and going. Everything is loaded and working well. Installed the camera patch too. Now, to get use to this interface. Not too sure about it as of yet. ALOT DIFFERENT!! The 'no app tray' thing is what is going to be hard to get use too. But I guess thats what folders are for, huh!?!!

Thanks for the assist tho...it was driving me crazy!!
    05-21-2011 12:18 AM
    YES SIR...Im up and going. Everything is loaded and working well. Installed the camera patch too. Now, to get use to this interface. Not too sure about it as of yet. ALOT DIFFERENT!! The 'no app tray' thing is what is going to be hard to get use too. But I guess thats what folders are for, huh!?!!

Thanks for the assist tho...it was driving me crazy!!
    Your Welcome glad to help man...
    shoestring789 likes this.
    05-21-2011 12:23 AM
    Yes I was over at XDA, but couldn't post because I too am a newbie there lol.

Worked for me the second time around, and I'm glad it did because I'm really loving this rom. Not sure if when flashing to CWM 3.0 you have to manually enable lagfix, because the first time around it wasn't enabled, and I'd like to think that's why I had a faulty flash. Second time around I made sure it was enabled, booted, went back to CWM 3.0, triple wiped everything, then flashed the rom and it worked like a charm.

Anyone know how to delete extra screens? I had 5, now I magically have 6 and don't want that many.
    You have to remove any shortcuts from that screen to another one so it is empty and then tap home twice, which will show all screens. From there you can delete the screen/page.
    I made 3 or 4 folders and dropped apps/icons in those to where I am only using 2 screens. Just thru trial and error, it has documented proof that if a shortcut to an app is on your desktop, it is using battery/memory. So, the less screens and icons that are out and about, the more battery you will have!!

Hope this helps!! This user interface is going to take some getting use to, for sure!
    05-21-2011 12:30 AM
    You have to remove any shortcuts from that screen to another one so it is empty and then tap home twice, which will show all screens. From there you can delete the screen/page.
    I made 3 or 4 folders and dropped apps/icons in those to where I am only using 2 screens. Just thru trial and error, it has documented proof that if a shortcut to an app is on your desktop, it is using battery/memory. So, the less screens and icons that are out and about, the more battery you will have!!

Hope this helps!! This user interface is going to take some getting use to, for sure!
    Omg it was driving me nuts! Thank you so much! The UI is definitely a lot different, but so far I'm really loving it.

The only fallback is I really like using my Launcherpro Plus widgets, and with the Miui launcher I can't use them
    05-21-2011 12:58 AM
    I will say one thing about the new MIUI Rom...the battery life is AMAZING!! I have hammered down on my phone today (web, market, email, etc...) and normally by now, Im blinking red and its screaming at me for some juice...but first full day on this ROM and Im at 13.9 hours up time without charging and still have 34% left!!

Daa Da Da Da Daaaa...Im lovin' it!!!
    05-21-2011 08:18 PM
    I have also noticed improved battery life. The only bugs I encountered were with the Miui gallery when trying to switch wallpapers.

Sent from Samsung Fascinate using TapaTalk.
    05-22-2011 01:00 AM
    In an effort to spare other noobs like myself a lot of grief, I will recount my experience with installing the Thumb Print Analyzer boot animation from this thread. After spending hours over the course of a few weeks trying to get the animation installed and working properly,and many trials and errors I for some reason long pressed on the bootanimation.zip file I installed at system/media and got a pop-up asking "Extract to sdcard?" I hit O.K. and then deleted the still zipped bootanimation.zip file, navigated to sdcard and copied the un-zipped file to the system/media file where it now appeared in its three separate parts. I then re-booted my phone and watched the bootanimation as it displayed perfectly.
    05-22-2011 10:03 PM
    In an effort to spare other noobs like myself a lot of grief, I will recount my experience with installing the Thumb Print Analyzer boot animation from this thread. After spending hours over the course of a few weeks trying to get the animation installed and working properly,and many trials and errors I for some reason long pressed on the bootanimation.zip file I installed at system/media and got a pop-up asking "Extract to sdcard?" I hit O.K. and then deleted the still zipped bootanimation.zip file, navigated to sdcard and copied the un-zipped file to the system/media file where it now appeared in its three separate parts. I then re-booted my phone and watched the bootanimation as it displayed perfectly.
    I am glad you got it to work. It appears that the install script was either not putting the boot animation where it was supposed to or it was an old script that was aborting in the newer versions of CWM..

I have repacked the zip file in the new edify script and it should install in any CWM now..

As a cautionary note: Many of these boots are not being hosted by me or my file sharing service. I did not make them, pack them, or write the install scripting for some (many). I provide a link to the files and some are becoming outdated or may be designed to install on other phones..

If you encounter problems please let me know and I can help walk you through them.. Or I can repack and put it up for all to use.

Thanks, J
    05-23-2011 06:33 AM
    Hey Jae look who's learning to dev

http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=86950

[Odin][Rom]AC's Altered Beast **Super Alpha** Voodoo & NonVoodoo

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-23-2011 07:09 AM

Hey DX that looks like it will be an awesome end product. Thought you couldnt get a voodoo kernel to work through odin though?
    05-23-2011 07:36 AM

AWESOME! - Updating ROM links post now.
    05-23-2011 08:44 AM
    AWESOME! - Updating ROM links post now.
    No that's for the charge for now lol. But thanks

05-23-2011 10:03 AM
    No that's for the charge for now lol. But thanks

WOW... My head is so disconnected from reality.. Sorry about that.. I have been on the road for three days and it was an automatic reaction.. I removed the link..

I really have to pay attention.. That is way cool tho.
    05-23-2011 10:33 AM
    Hey DX that looks like it will be an awesome end product. Thought you couldnt get a voodoo kernel to work through odin though?
    i can get it to work if it doesnt wipe anything at all including cache but we onlyhave 1 build to worry about for now on the chage so i can use it without any major problems from people... on the fascinate there are two many variations of places to start from makes it hard to be universal

WOW... My head is so disconnected from reality.. Sorry about that.. I have been on the road for three days and it was an automatic reaction.. I removed the link..

I really have to pay attention.. That is way cool tho.
    All good bro....i dont think LP will let it happen, they are telling me that i can not modify launcher pro if i use it in my rom
    05-23-2011 10:58 AM
    DX is it possible for u to post up that middle image u used in ur dock...the android guy...please!! Thanks!!
    05-23-2011 12:02 PM
    Heads Up (imnuts) updated kernels:
    ED01 Kernels - PeanutButta Jelly Time - imnuts - Updated:5/24/11 TWhiz Voodoo listed only- Links are currentlyTWhiz ONLY. - Updates CWM to 3.x - do not flash these kernels unless you understand what this means.
    Links pulled due to recovery issues. - Please stand by.
    05-24-2011 06:27 AM
    Heads Up (imnuts) updated kernels:
    ED01 Kernels - PeanutButta Jelly Time - imnuts - Updated:5/24/11 TWhiz Voodoo listed only- Links are currentlyTWhiz ONLY. - Updates CWM to 3.x - do not flash these kernels unless you understand what this means.
    Links pulled due to recovery issues. - Please stand by.
    Wtb ComaVolt update, best kernel for me so far

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    05-24-2011 08:39 AM
1,056 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD