10-26-2013 04:34 AM
1,056 ... 40414243
tools
    So after poking around the various threads I'm still a little puzzled as to which ROM I need to switch to. I'm currently running an ED01 CommROM 2.1 build. I wanted to upgrade to a Gingerbread ROM, but from what I've read I have to chose between feature completeness and stability. Is there no Gingerbread ROM that just runs smoothly and stable and doesn't have features missing?

Side note: I'd like to be able to run Touchwiz on whatever ROM I upgrade to.
    08-30-2011 02:35 PM
    So after poking around the various threads I'm still a little puzzled as to which ROM I need to switch to. I'm currently running an ED01 CommROM 2.1 build. I wanted to upgrade to a Gingerbread ROM, but from what I've read I have to chose between feature completeness and stability. Is there no Gingerbread ROM that just runs smoothly and stable and doesn't have features missing?

Side note: I'd like to be able to run Touchwiz on whatever ROM I upgrade to.
    All the gingerbread ROMs are based on leaks - thus something warranted a rejection and it came to the devs. There are some that are better than others and it is your choice which issue you wish to contend with..
    08-31-2011 06:40 AM
    Updated Boot Animations..
    09-17-2011 03:41 PM
    Updated Boot Animations..
    You da man.
    09-17-2011 04:05 PM
    I'm sorry for the question and for not having the time to read through the entire thread. I've been long gone from the Samsung world and completely forgot all the basics. Basically, I've sold my older Fascinate and after a data wipe/factory reset the pone is in a boot loop. I want to get this phone back to stock as soon as possible to get it to the new owner. I haven't used this phone since Sept. of last year. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is Odin still used for this? Can't believe I've forgotten it all!

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.
    09-21-2011 03:11 PM
    I'm sorry for the question and for not having the time to read through the entire thread. I've been long gone from the Samsung world and completely forgot all the basics. Basically, I've sold my older Fascinate and after a data wipe/factory reset the pone is in a boot loop. I want to get this phone back to stock as soon as possible to get it to the new owner. I haven't used this phone since Sept. of last year. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is Odin still used for this? Can't believe I've forgotten it all!

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.
    Flash the ED05 Odin file in the ROMs section.. that will take you back to stock and you will be good. - Here is download link to the 7zip file.. Link
    09-21-2011 07:04 PM
    Thanks a ton! I can't believe how quickly one forgets. Off to get it done.

Thanks again!

Flash the ED05 Odin file in the ROMs section.. that will take you back to stock and you will be good. - Here is download link to the 7zip file.. Link
    09-21-2011 07:10 PM
    EH09 Voodoo works!

pointed out by skidd
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ml#post1283341
    09-23-2011 01:15 AM
    Updated Boot Animations.. Have Fun!
    10-08-2011 12:51 PM
    how do i fix my droid incredible after getting that same message about switching to edify scrpting
    11-01-2011 11:03 AM
    anyone anyone at all
    11-01-2011 11:04 AM
    how do i fix my droid incredible after getting that same message about switching to edify scrpting
    You might want to try posting in the Droid Incredible threads.. You are likely to get an accurate response there.
    11-01-2011 11:18 AM
    quick question.. been a while since I have kept up with this fascinate thread... anyone know of the most recent radio available to download for my phone... i currently have EC01
    11-09-2011 08:50 AM
    Most are using EC09 - Link

This is an Odin file.
    alope441 likes this.
    11-09-2011 09:26 AM
    just to clarify, it wont make a differnce what build u are using?
    11-09-2011 10:25 AM
    just to clarify, it wont make a differnce what build u are using?
    No. I am on Pool Party 1.5 (mtd build) - and have EC09.. before that I had CommROM 2.1.. - same radio.. EC09.

Unless you are using something like a ROM based off of …clair you should be able to use that radio.
    alope441 likes this.
    11-09-2011 10:50 AM
    No. I am on Pool Party 1.5 (mtd build) - and have EC09.. before that I had CommROM 2.1.. - same radio.. EC09.

Unless you are using something like a ROM based off of …clair you should be able to use that radio.
    thanks i appreciate the quick responses as always... and i thought this phone was already done for... thank you once again...
    11-09-2011 11:46 AM
    Since I'm a bit new to this, I have questions that I'll post, maybe someone will be kind enough to answer while I do my research. 1. Can I flash Pool Party over GeeWiz (froyo version)? Or do I need to go back to stock first? 2. Can I just flash Pool Party in recovery from my sd card, or should I use ODIN? 3. Do I need to flash each of the updates for Pool Party in succession (I see it is up to v1.5), or do I just flash the current one? Thanks!
    11-10-2011 12:08 PM
    Since I'm a bit new to this, I have questions that I'll post, maybe someone will be kind enough to answer while I do my research. 1. Can I flash Pool Party over GeeWiz (froyo version)? Or do I need to go back to stock first? 2. Can I just flash Pool Party in recovery from my sd card, or should I use ODIN? 3. Do I need to flash each of the updates for Pool Party in succession (I see it is up to v1.5), or do I just flash the current one? Thanks!
    I will be happy to answer your questions:

1. You will need to Odin- ED05 stock first and follow the install instructions detailed - > here. During this process you will loose all your data and settings.. Pool Party install and set up takes about 30 minutes if you are comfortable with what you are doing.. longer if you are not.
    2. The Pool Party ROM can only be flashed successfully in using the CWM set up for mtd builds (CM7).. there is a link on the thread provided above.
    3. Pool Party 1.5 is a full ROM - no patches or updates required.

Pool Party is a great ROM.. must follow install instructions correctly when rolling over to a mtd ROM..
    lpt2569 likes this.
    11-10-2011 01:15 PM
    I will be happy to answer your questions:

1. You will need to Odin- ED05 stock first and follow the install instructions detailed - > here. During this process you will loose all your data and settings.. Pool Party install and set up takes about 30 minutes if you are comfortable with what you are doing.. longer if you are not.
    2. The Pool Party ROM can only be flashed successfully in using the CWM set up for mtd builds (CM7).. there is a link on the thread provided above.
    3. Pool Party 1.5 is a full ROM - no patches or updates required.

Pool Party is a great ROM.. must follow install instructions correctly when rolling over to a mtd ROM..
    Cool, thanks! I took a quick look...if I understand the basics, I'll go back to stock, then load a vanilla GB build and other stuff, then they mention using ROM Manager at one point in the process to install whatever ROM I want that is available in ROM manager, including Pool Party...I was not aware we could use ROM Manager on the Fascinate.
    11-10-2011 01:59 PM
    Cool, thanks! I took a quick look...if I understand the basics, I'll go back to stock, then load a vanilla GB build and other stuff, then they mention using ROM Manager at one point in the process to install whatever ROM I want that is available in ROM manager, including Pool Party...I was not aware we could use ROM Manager on the Fascinate.
    ROM Manager will only work for mtd builds (CM7, MIUI, Pool Party, etc.) - bad things will happen if you try to use it to download and flash ROMs other than those.
    lpt2569 likes this.
    11-10-2011 02:20 PM
    ROM Manager will only work for mtd builds (CM7, MIUI, Pool Party, etc.) - bad things will happen if you try to use it to download and flash ROMs other than those.
    Got it, thanks. I'll give this a shot over the weekend, I appreciate your help.
    11-10-2011 02:56 PM
    Pool Party install and set up takes about 30 minutes if you are comfortable with what you are doing.. longer if you are not...
    So does this entire process take about 30 minutes, or just the ROM Manager portion of installing Pool Party? Just wanted to get a reference for time needed to get this done. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, I'll figure it out. I have to work on not sounding so needy!
    11-11-2011 06:13 PM
    Here is something new:
    2.3 ROM..
    EH09 Full Verizon ROM - nitsuj17
    Fully Bloated and Binged... not rooted.. See link in dev name for downloads, and install instructions.

Running just the radio on Pool Party 1.6.. works good.
    11-16-2011 06:29 PM
    Hello. I installed MTD Vanilla Gingerbread v7 and I can't access Verizon backup assistant so I can restore my contacts. I did a titanium back up prior to the MTD Vanilla Gingerbread v7 installation, but I couldn't retrieve my contacts...please help.
    11-19-2011 02:26 AM
1,056 ... 40414243
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD