[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

islanq

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 7/20/

I was wondering if there was a comparison chart between all the 2.3 (Gingerbread) based ROMs?
Maybe that included the stability of each one and any problems associated with them.
And also included the install process, since it seems like most of them have different install requirements.
Are there anymore that are in development? I know post #5 says MIUI v5, but is it gingerbread based?

Also, what are most people using (Cyanogen, OMFGB, etc.)?
Thanks!

A lot of people migrated to Cyanogen7mod CM7 as oppose to the TMS's leaked ginger bread Comm Rom. Make sure you read all the dev. notes and use a micro SD that you are willing to lose as many people are reporting fried SD cards here and there.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 8/26/

New Droid Bionic boot animation works great on the fassy.

I sent it to Jaekar to upload.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 8/26/

New Droid Bionic boot animation works great on the fassy.

I sent it to Jaekar to upload.

Two versions - Edify installs:
Bionic Boot no modifications - 15 frames per second ......Preview || Download
Bionic Boot (Droid) tag removed - 20 frames per second.. Preview || Download

I ran the raw version and it booted a bit slow but got the job done.. I did not have time to test the other version for load speeds..

idkmybffjill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So after poking around the various threads I'm still a little puzzled as to which ROM I need to switch to. I'm currently running an ED01 CommROM 2.1 build. I wanted to upgrade to a Gingerbread ROM, but from what I've read I have to chose between feature completeness and stability. Is there no Gingerbread ROM that just runs smoothly and stable and doesn't have features missing?

Side note: I'd like to be able to run Touchwiz on whatever ROM I upgrade to.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 8/31/

So after poking around the various threads I'm still a little puzzled as to which ROM I need to switch to. I'm currently running an ED01 CommROM 2.1 build. I wanted to upgrade to a Gingerbread ROM, but from what I've read I have to chose between feature completeness and stability. Is there no Gingerbread ROM that just runs smoothly and stable and doesn't have features missing?

Side note: I'd like to be able to run Touchwiz on whatever ROM I upgrade to.

All the gingerbread ROMs are based on leaks - thus something warranted a rejection and it came to the devs. There are some that are better than others and it is your choice which issue you wish to contend with..

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-

I'm sorry for the question and for not having the time to read through the entire thread. I've been long gone from the Samsung world and completely forgot all the basics. Basically, I've sold my older Fascinate and after a data wipe/factory reset the pone is in a boot loop. I want to get this phone back to stock as soon as possible to get it to the new owner. I haven't used this phone since Sept. of last year. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is Odin still used for this? Can't believe I've forgotten it all!

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm sorry for the question and for not having the time to read through the entire thread. I've been long gone from the Samsung world and completely forgot all the basics. Basically, I've sold my older Fascinate and after a data wipe/factory reset the pone is in a boot loop. I want to get this phone back to stock as soon as possible to get it to the new owner. I haven't used this phone since Sept. of last year. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is Odin still used for this? Can't believe I've forgotten it all!

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated.

Flash the ED05 Odin file in the ROMs section.. that will take you back to stock and you will be good. - Here is download link to the 7zip file.. Link

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Thanks a ton! I can't believe how quickly one forgets. Off to get it done.

Thanks again!

Flash the ED05 Odin file in the ROMs section.. that will take you back to stock and you will be good. - Here is download link to the 7zip file.. Link

alope441

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

quick question.. been a while since I have kept up with this fascinate thread... anyone know of the most recent radio available to download for my phone... i currently have EC01

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2